Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

Just read how Gronk was seen at a local college playing beer pong...1st couple of years it was funny and cool to see a young neophyte out enjoying himself like the college kid next door...but as time passes...Gronk exploits are not so cute and funny anymore...he was given a huge amount of money and he has had a hard time staying healthy.... Now granted that SObB TJ Ward hurt Gronk and he could not have avoided the terrible injury...I rather read and hear about his strict rehab instead of beer pong...Gronk NE needs you to be healthy...Brady needs you to be healthy and all of us fans would love nothing more than for you to fufill what could be a Tony Gonzalez type career ..time to grow up! Just my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

By the time Gronk grows up, he will be too old for football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

just forget about him  if he can get on the field great  just consider him a bonus for the two or three weeks he can stay healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

So long as it doesn't interfere with his rehab or risk additional injury I really don't see a problem.  I've seen nothing to indicate that anything Gronk has ever done off-field has led to an injury or interfered with his rehab of one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

So long as it doesn't interfere with his rehab or risk additional injury I really don't see a problem.  I've seen nothing to indicate that anything Gronk has ever done off-field has led to an injury or interfered with his rehab of one.

The very idea that he is out playing beer pong at a local shows immaturity... It use to be funny and cute...not so much anymore when our team suffers because he isn't there...all the partying all the drinking while legal can not be a good thing for his apparent weak body...I just wish I would read more stories about him rehabbing him studying more film...spending time with coaching staff and peers than acting like he is still in college...there comes a time to grow up! I love Gronk but its time to dedicate himself %1000 if he ever wants to fulfill what could be greatness!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

just forget about him  if he can get on the field great  just consider him a bonus for the two or three weeks he can stay healthy.

is he worth keeping for 2-3 weeks of game time?\

imo keep him for the playoffs and SB and yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I like Gronk he's young no excuse though. I've come to the point I don't think he's ever going grow up and stay out of the media spotlight . I am with everybody else keep Gronkowski healthy for the playoffs. Because when he is the Gronk nobody can't cover him. He is at least 50% of the offense. Weather that's a good or bad thing is anybody's guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Gronk is reliving the Jeremy Shockey career.  Wild partying + oft injured = short career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah Gronk really sucks. All of that evil doing, you know dancing and carry on and such, has lead to his bones geting weak, also if his head was clear(you know not all doped up from all the drugs and mountain dew) he would have avoided that acl tear by doing a front flip somersault right over Wards head for a td.

It's a shame that his career is over and that his leg was amuptated, and the chlamydia thing on top of that, yes sir the hits keep coming.

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yeah Gronk really sucks. All of that evil doing, you know dancing and carry on and such, has lead to his bones geting weak, also if his head was clear(you know not all doped up from all the drugs and mountain dew) he would have avoided that acl tear by doing a front flip somersault right over Wards head for a td.

It's a shame that his career is over and that his leg was amuptated, and the chlamydia thing on top of that, yes sir the hits keep coming.

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

Your sarcasm makes you sound foolish! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

Really? not even a lil funny?

I'm sorry but your first post wasn't bad but your 2nd post was too much for me. All the drinkin and partying? You don't hear about him rehabbing and studying because it isn't a story that sells. I remember just reading how he had been at Gillette for 7 days straight rehabbing right after the playoff loss or soemthing.

Plus, you insinuate that what he does of the field has any bearing on his injuries, which is ridiculous. He seems like a guy who loves football to me, an infectious personality who loves being on the field with his teammates...a pretty good guy to have imo. Play all the beer pong you want, just don't ben Rothlesberger anybody, or hernandez anybody and there shouldn't be any problems. 

I'm sorry if the Debbie Downer thing offended you, if you haven't seen it, it's pretty damn funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

He's not the only person who does this. It's not interfering with his rehab or anything. There's only so much he can do before he reinjures that knee. You do know that the media is going to point him out more just for this view you have right? Everyone knows he's a party animal and the media loves to point it out. It's not a big deal at all. Let him have fun, it's not like Kraft owns the kid. He's young and is going to live it up while he still can. Overreaction IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

Really? not even a lil funny?

I'm sorry but your first post wasn't bad but your 2nd post was too much for me. All the drinkin and partying? You don't hear about him rehabbing and studying because it isn't a story that sells. I remember just reading how he had been at Gillette for 7 days straight rehabbing right after the playoff loss or soemthing.

Plus, you insinuate that what he does of the field has any bearing on his injuries, which is ridiculous. He seems like a guy who loves football to me, an infectious personality who loves being on the field with his teammates...a pretty good guy to have imo. Play all the beer pong you want, just don't ben Rothlesberger anybody, or hernandez anybody and there shouldn't be any problems. 

I'm sorry if the Debbie Downer thing offended you, if you haven't seen it, it's pretty damn funny.

+100 Too much overreaction on this board

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Jeremy Shockey played himself right out of the league with a similar lifestyle... I would hate to see that happen to Gronk! 

Everyone likes fun but enough already with the boozing and adversely affecting his body in the long run...I want him to be great! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Jeremy Shockey played himself right out of the league with a similar lifestyle... I would hate to see that happen to Gronk! 

Everyone likes fun but enough already with the boozing and adversely affecting his body in the long run...I want him to be great! 

The difference is Gronk is a way better player than Shockey. Not comparable, not saying he isn't good but Gronk has HOF ability when he's healthy. Second, Shockey was a major problem on the teams he was on. He got into fights with coaches, was a drama queen, and had off the field issues. Gronk just likes to party and take off his shirt. Third, Gronk had a freak injury (forearm not leg). Cut him some slack. It's not like he's injury prone. He was rushed back too fast and then there was the Ward hit. Horrible horrible hit. I don't know anyone else that would've been fine after that hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Man, you old people are so lame. Let the guy live his life!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Hey!! Hey!!  Let's not paint with such a broad brush here.  I may be the oldest bastage on this board and I think you'll see that I don't se a problem with how Gronk conducts himself. 

<Gets all indignant and sh_it>

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Hey!! Hey!!  Let's not paint with such a broad brush here.  I may be the oldest bastage on this board and I think you'll see that I don't se a problem with how Gronk conducts himself. 

<Gets all indignant and sh_it>

As long as he stays out of jail and isn't doing anything that might further injury his hand, he's all good to me. If he wants to have orgies night in and night out, I could care less as long as his leg, arm and back are all good to go come game 1 of the regular season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The very idea that he is out playing beer pong at a local shows immaturity... It use to be funny and cute...not so much anymore when our team suffers because he isn't there...all the partying all the drinking while legal can not be a good thing for his apparent weak body...I just wish I would read more stories about him rehabbing him studying more film...spending time with coaching staff and peers than acting like he is still in college...there comes a time to grow up! I love Gronk but its time to dedicate himself %1000 if he ever wants to fulfill what could be greatness!

Your jealousy does not become you!

Most average guys grow out of beer pong sometime around 30 yrs old.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

If his sarcasm sounds foolish, what do you think the OP sounds like? I haven't heard a more foolish rant in my life and I've worked with a lot of fools!

oh wait, you are the OP! Sorry, my bad!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Truly yours,

Debbie Downer

LOL!  WAA, WAA, WAAAAAAAA...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't care if he grows up as long as he continues to dominate on the field.  Injuries aside, he might be the most dominant TE I can remember seeing.  If not for the injuries -- if they ultimately end up shortening his career -- that guy was on pace to be an all-time great at the position.  He makes Ben Coates look like a B list TE.  Clearly, he makes headlines for questionable activities, but whatever he's doing is not affecting his on-field performance.  Immature?  Maybe.  But I doubt he just rolls out of bed and shows up. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts