With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction?

I had them going 12-4, got 2 of the 3 losses right, didn't see the Bills loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction?

That game the globe had on forced me into predicting...

Had them 14-2 losing to the Eagles and Cowboys...sweeping the Jets of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I had them at 13-3 (losses to Iggles, Steelers on the road and Jets on the road) or 12-4 with additional loss in division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I had them 14-2 with losses to Philly and San Diego.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I had them at 14-2 with losses to the Eagles and Pittsburgh.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : How do we know you're being truthful?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You don't.  You'll just have to take my word for it -- or not.  People like Bradley Bliss and TexasPat3 will believe me, and that is all that matters to me.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : You don't.  You'll just have to take my word for it -- or not.  People like Bradley Bliss and TexasPat3 will believe me, and that is all that matters to me.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Well, I believe you, for what thats worth...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : You don't.  You'll just have to take my word for it -- or not.  People like Bradley Bliss and TexasPat3 will believe me, and that is all that matters to me.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Hey Shel !!!

I predicted 13-3 at the end of training camp. I might still get it right. Didn't see the first loss to the Bills......thought it would be the Fish.

Defense really worries me...Hoggie and I were talking several weeks ago about how the Packers Defense is also weak....but last night after seeing the Saints....I would rather play the Packers in a Dome....Saints are REALLY good this season.  Brees is also a player you have to like and respect...a class opponent.
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas....and here is to #4 in February!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : How about gr82bme or Philskiw or gmbill?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Hey 66!

Shel doesn't mean anything by it. It is just that Shel, Tex and I go back a long way on this board.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I had them going 11-5. I thought both we and the jets would lose about 3 more games than last year. I think everybody thought with this schedule that the NFC East would be better than it has been.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Give a Mulligan for Buffalo at home?  Sure!

I called for 15-1.  They're playing at about that level right now, defensive backfield woes notwithstanding.  They took a real power cut in the first half of the season.  These things happen. 

Moral of the story, if you think they might go 16-0, don't back off to 15-1.  Better to back off to 14-2.  Always be realistic.

Amazing team right now!  Could have been even better without injuries.

Pittsburgh at least has Big Ben chucking the pig.  Baltimore might not dislike the matchup but their offense is kind of one-dimensional with Boller.  Houston with a rook QB? No.  Cincy really isn't a good team and neither is Tennessee.  Rex would like to face the Patriots in the playoffs, just because he'd like to face anyone in the playoffs right now to save his job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

13-3, but didn't see the Bills' loss coming.  Had them losing to Pitt, NJ once, San Diego.  Wrong on two of those.  Plus the Bills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]13-3, but didn't see the Bills' loss coming.  Had them losing to Pitt, NJ once, San Diego.  Wrong on two of those.  Plus the Bills.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Hey Soup !

I thought they would beat the Bolts & Steelers and lose to two non-entities like the Bills, Fins or Jets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : Hey Soup ! I thought they would beat the Bolts & Steelers and lose to two non-entities like the Bills, Fins or Jets.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

Nice call on the Bills, bradley!  I just didn't see that coming at all.

Here's hoping they don't do that at home...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : Nice call on the Bills, bradley!  I just didn't see that coming at all. Here's hoping they don't do that at home...
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Bills are a puzzle really.....came back from 21 down...hopefully the offense comes out smoking and puts them away early. I think it will be close throughout the first half and then we pull away.  I would love to see Hoyer get some playing time and Ryan as well. We will see!

Real downer is that this season is coming to a close...way too soon. I HATE the off season on this board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

11-5 with potential losses to any of the following SD, NYG, Pitt, Philly, Cowboys, Redskins, and any two of the three other AFC east teams once.

SD possible because more talented roster but Norv's poor coaching has no limit

NYG because the Pats simply do NOT matchup well with them for some reason

Pitt because they were due

Philly because who honestly thought they would be so dysfunctional, more talented

Cowboys because more talented and should have won that game, poor coaching

Redskins because Shanny typically does well against BB

Miami, Buff, or NYJ because they are division opp and those games are always tough to win twice no matter the type of season a team is having

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : Hey Shel !!! I predicted 13-3 at the end of training camp. I might still get it right. Didn't see the first loss to the Bills......thought it would be the Fish. Defense really worries me...Hoggie and I were talking several weeks ago about how the Packers Defense is also weak....but last night after seeing the Saints....I would rather play the Packers in a Dome....Saints are REALLY good this season.  Brees is also a player you have to like and respect...a class opponent. Hope you had a Merry Christmas....and here is to #4 in February!

Brees is accurate, can go long, and throw the ball on the run. He's prolly more dangerous than Rogers as a qb.  Either team will be tough should the Patriots meet either of them in the sb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Give a Mulligan for Buffalo at home?  Sure! I called for 15-1.  They're playing at about that level right now, defensive backfield woes notwithstanding.  They took a real power cut in the first half of the season.  These things happen.  Moral of the story, if you think they might go 16-0, don't back off to 15-1.  Better to back off to 14-2.  Always be realistic. Amazing team right now!  Could have been even better without injuries. Pittsburgh at least has Big Ben chucking the pig.  Baltimore might not dislike the matchup but their offense is kind of one-dimensional with Boller.  Houston with a rook QB? No.  Cincy really isn't a good team and neither is Tennessee.  Rex would like to face the Patriots in the playoffs, just because he'd like to face anyone in the playoffs right now to save his job.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    considering all the scrubs that are getting signficant playing time, they've actually exceeded my expectations. Who knew there would be so many people let go, injuries, pick-ups.....ect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With 1 Game to Go, How Close Was Your Pre-Season Prediction? : Bills are a puzzle really.....came back from 21 down...hopefully the offense comes out smoking and puts them away early. I think it will be close throughout the first half and then we pull away.  I would love to see Hoyer get some playing time and Ryan as well. We will see! Real downer is that this season is coming to a close...way too soon. I HATE the off season on this board.

I'd rather them save that for the playoffs Laughing

so long as they win the last game in buffalo, it'll be fine.  I don't think theres gonna be much difference between #1 or #2 seed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Homefield's going to be lovely this time of year...