With a name like Stankiewitch. He has to be good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

With a name like Stankiewitch. He has to be good

Any info on this guy? That's all the depth I see listed for C. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Re: With a name like Stankiewitch. He has to be good

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Any info on this guy? That's all the depth I see listed for C. 

ya see, this is where my pet peeves with the PAts come up. Wendell is solid, not great. He is a free agent after this year.

IMO his talent is that he is a perfect swingman between OC and OG. Connolly and Mankins on the wrong side of 30.

With the 91 pick, the Pats select Harmon. He could turn into a player. He may have been a reach. Time will tell. But the Pats invested (wrongly as I have stated numerous times) in Gregory. They have invested a #2 in TWilson. They have invested (wrongly IMO due to age) in AWilson. Yet at 107 Schwenke is sitting there, and at 113 Jones is sitting there. Either one of them might be able to start over Wendell THIS YEAR, and worse case NEXT YEAR be ready to start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Some stuff here:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84487&draftyear=2013&genpos=C

Guy's certainly worth a look.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Of course he is. Might be another steal in time for the PAts...same as Wendell. But Pats may need a C that is ready to play this year or next. I dont think Stankiewitch will be ready that quickly. For sure he will be on the PS and be groomed...OB recommended him, which I assume carries a lot of weight with BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I was one of the camp that thought we should have taken Konz when we took Wilson. Center is a weakness on the O line, depth wise it has been. IMO. I wonder how many positions along the line Stankiewitch can play. He must have some experience to be taken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Tough crowd - Wendell graded out pretty well this year and the line as a whole graded very well. Connoly is the back-up C and was signed instead of Koppen (who was a pro bowler I believe) as a center because at the time we still expected Waters back at RG. McDonald also played well at Center as a fill in.

And do your really believe after 15 years together if Scar thought he needed some bodies for the OLine BB would have blown him off? And specifically if he saw some guy that he thought was a slam dunk who was falling he wouldn't have been slamming the table advocating for him. They already brought in a FA tackle, have Zusevics coming of really just his first year, and there is Cannon who everyone but the Pats seems to want at Guard. And I think at the moment they have 4 OLine UDFAs.

And just a thought - with 9 OLine taken in the first round instead of the average of 4 to 5 maybe this wasn't an exceptionally talented group, but an exceptionally desperate group of teams? And with another 7 taken before pick 90 maybe that particular cupboard was stripped bare in terms of the Pats board grades.

As an aside - I know pick #91 was a complete waste of space and this is the Pats board, but Dallas used a first round pick #31 on a center that could have been taken at the end of the second round. Talk about wasted draft capital!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Sorry - one other thought - in the cut down of rosters there are a ton of OLine players that get cut. It is not unusual for the Pats to cut quite a few and just about every year one or two are immediately snapped up, and a surprising number stick with the new teams and some start. And it is not unusual for the Pats to grab a few for the PS themselves.

This just doesn't worry me that much.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have been pretty vocal that the Pats throw so much because the up the middle run blocking hasnt been great with Koppen or Wendell. Need a bigger C than the Pats employ for power running.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

to get a C that is 320 plus and can pull like the Pats want, you need a first round draft chopice, as that size and feet is very rare. Wendell was a UDFA for a reason, and the Pats game plan around his strengths and weaknesses...which is why they dont run as much as you want them to...Wendell and Connolly are below average run blockers in tight space, but above average is pass blocking and pulling into open space. Wendell also gets over powered at the point of attack more so than most C's. (was very evident in camp, he was really pushed around in those drills)

If they drafted Pouncey, they would be a better power running team....

Pats dont see the value in paying a C money if they have TB to throw the ball 40 times.

Granted, Scar can make a prospect into a player..and everyone pats him on the back..but lets not kid ourselves, this is BB's offense and he is throwing fast, often and within 3-4 seconds on short timing routes due to his oline not having a power game

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

to get a C that is 320 plus and can pull like the Pats want, you need a first round draft chopice, as that size and feet is very rare. Wendell was a UDFA for a reason, and the Pats game plan around his strengths and weaknesses...which is why they dont run as much as you want them to...Wendell and Connolly are below average run blockers in tight space, but above average is pass blocking and pulling into open space. Wendell also gets over powered at the point of attack more so than most C's. (was very evident in camp, he was really pushed around in those drills)

Pats dont see the value in paying a C money if they have TB to throw the ball 40 times.

Granted, Scar can make a prospect into a player..and everyone pats him on the back..but lets not kid ourselves, this is BB's offense and he is throwing fast, often and within 3-4 seconds on short timing routes due to his oline not having a power game

Oh Jesus. You are a troll deluxe. Have you seen how bad Pitt's offensive line has been in recent years? What about the Jets?

Meanwhile, BB loses a guy and someone else slides right in. I'll take our way, thanks very much.

You don't need a 1st rd pick to get a "320 lb Center" either.  And, I don't know why ANY team would even want a Center that large either. You need brains and agility at Center.

It's unlikely someone as fat as "320 lbs" will be agile. 

Nice try trying to use this opportunity to somehow spin the reason why we lost SB 46 or this past year's AFC title game is because BB didn't get Brady a "320 lb" Center for a "power running game".

Folks, look no further, than absolutel troll work here from RKrap.

"our way" is because of Brady and BB....BB dictating throwing the ball so quickly, and TB being able to execute it (much to your dismay)

why is that trolling? who mentioned the SB or AFCCCG? who mentioned any game?

you are one strange dude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I was one of the camp that thought we should have taken Konz when we took Wilson. Center is a weakness on the O line, depth wise it has been. IMO. I wonder how many positions along the line Stankiewitch can play. He must have some experience to be taken.

Don't agree. We;ve been hearing our Center is a weakness since Koppen, but it's just not true.  Connolly was just cheaper than Koppen as is Wendell. In fact, they've loved how Wendell has come along.

Hate to bring it up, but don't you think it's ironic that the shortest point to the QB is really down the middle, and somehow our great O Line (ranked top 5 literally every year) only appears to underperform when Brady throws 40+ times and 60+% out of the shotgwith un?

I don't. Not a coincidence.  There is way too much evidence for it now.

Teams basically cheat in a sense that they sell out on an  interior pass rush, ignore our run game and just mix up how they rush down the middle. It's what Jim Johnson did to us with his Philly team at the end of 2007, and then everyone copied it, with Spagnuolo's group doing it the best with the best front 7 to do it.

Baltimore almost pulled it off late in the year, too.

That was 2007 and we're still pretending our shotgun spread addiction isn't the real issue here?

When we could have drafted konz we used the pick on Wilson I believe. At the time center was not an area of depth. I think koppen was dinged up nd McDonald helped with the load. McDonald stung when he left IMO   With mankins and a bunch of others coming up for contract it wouldn't surprise me to see BB double ip in next years draft on the O Line. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Oh Jesus. You are a troll deluxe. Have you seen how bad Pitt's offensive line has been in recent years? What about the Jets?

Meanwhile, BB loses a guy and someone else slides right in. I'll take our way, thanks very much.

You don't need a 1st rd pick to get a "320 lb Center" either.  And, I don't know why ANY team would even want a Center that large either. You need brains and agility at Center.

It's unlikely someone as fat as "320 lbs" will be agile. 

Nice try trying to use this opportunity to somehow spin the reason why we lost SB 46 or this past year's AFC title game is because BB didn't get Brady a "320 lb" Center for a "power running game".

Folks, look no further, than absolutel troll work here from RKrap.

"our way" is because of Brady and BB....BB dictating throwing the ball so quickly, and TB being able to execute it (much to your dismay)

why is that trolling? who mentioned the SB or AFCCCG? who mentioned any game?

you are one strange dude

Don't bother playing coy, either.  You look for angles to take ridiculously outlandish points to take shots at BB. That's what you do.

The strange one is YOU, RKrap. You pay $50 to park 8 times a year+ in Foxborough whatever inflated ticket price depending on where your seats are, and you sit here and look ways to discredit what BB provides for the fans.

You're mentally insane.

Meanwhile, you either priase or downplay the Jets situation on the side with a whole host of people calling you out on it left and right.  The Jets just dealt Revis and took a one dimensional 4-3 DT in his place. THey also drafted a smaller CB who is brittle (5 surgeries in the last few years).

In fact, JUST 2 weeks ago you said to Phat Rex about Idzik "it looks like he's doing it the right way".  Really?

They just took Geno SMith in Rd 2 and couldn't find a trading partner to trade out from 13, on the heels of the Rams trading in front of them for their 1st choice, Tavon Austin. As long as Woody Johnson is behind the switch, they will NEVER do it the right way. Got it? Good.

So, by you saying "BB should have drafted Pouncey" it is another example of you playing irrational troll armchair GM.

You've done it all week long!  You actually praised the Jets draft, where everyone else thinks it's not very good.

And, now you're in here talking about how we must have an oversized Center to run the ball well off a Ridley 1500 season.

I took the time to explain to you what they like (they like to use some zone blocking which takes athletes) and you totally discounted it because it's the right answer. You're annoyed that I had that right answer, so you scanned the Rolodexfor a deflection tactic and came up with that doozy.   You got desperate and started talking "320 lbs" centers as an excuse why we can't "power run.

How about just commit to a run game? How about that?  Then, it was a "BB blew it and didn't take Pouncey".  Funny, Pouncey can't pass block all that well and Ben has been running for his life since Pouncey arrived.

You also lost a bet with me, clean, and act like you won the bet. You had 15 people coming onto your thread calling you out on it  and you still act arrogant in defeat.

This is what you do here as a troll.

just about the entire NFL nation thought the Jets had a very good draft....

how many games did Miliner miss in his collegiate career?

do those 2 points make me a troll?

Sections
Shortcuts