With All These Flags...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

With All These Flags...

Does McDaniels smarten up and use less dink and dunk passes? Why not have our WR's run hard and go out past 5 yards and try to draw penalties if the refs are gonna throw them every other down? I know the league said they will also be watching the WR's closely, but it's much easier for them to just keep running and have the call go against the defense. Just a thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: With All These Flags...

In response to freediro's comment:

Does McDaniels smarten up and use less dink and dunk passes? Why not have our WR's run hard and go out past 5 yards and try to draw penalties if the refs are gonna throw them every other down? I know the league said they will also be watching the WR's closely, but it's much easier for them to just keep running and have the call go against the defense. Just a thought

amount of flags and the ticky tac nature of some - most? - of these fouls are making a mockery of the game this preseason

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

A good piece from Karen Guregian today:

Flaging DBs' ... from the head ref :

Excerpt follows:

Referee John Parry, who officiated the Patriots-Eagles joint practices along with Friday night’s game, also tried to strike a reassuring tone that flag day won’t be “celebrated” every week during the regular season.

“The message will be sent that this is a point of emphasis and players will adapt, coaches will adapt, officials will adapt, get on the same page for Week 1,” Parry said during a press conference with the local media. “I don’t think you’ll see a big difference in the football game. And by Week 1 of the regular season, I am sure we will all have forgotten this. Players will get into a rhythm of what we are focusing on and what we are calling.”

We’ll see what ultimately happens. Right now, the games are unwatchable. It’s beendeath by frequent flagging. /end

Yeah, this makes sense to me, just doctoring the flag issue in preseason.

have great evening .....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

A good piece from Karen Guregian today:

Flaging DBs' ... from the head ref :

Excerpt follows:

Referee John Parry, who officiated the Patriots-Eagles joint practices along with Friday night’s game, also tried to strike a reassuring tone that flag day won’t be “celebrated” every week during the regular season.

“The message will be sent that this is a point of emphasis and players will adapt, coaches will adapt, officials will adapt, get on the same page for Week 1,” Parry said during a press conference with the local media. “I don’t think you’ll see a big difference in the football game. And by Week 1 of the regular season, I am sure we will all have forgotten this. Players will get into a rhythm of what we are focusing on and what we are calling.”

We’ll see what ultimately happens. Right now, the games are unwatchable. It’s beendeath by frequent flagging. /end

Yeah, this makes sense to me, just doctoring the flag issue in preseason.

have great evening .....

yeah, pretty sure the NFL said the same thing when they brought in the replacement refs. You really expect players, most of whom have been playing this game for years and years, will with in 4 weeks or so become accustomed to the new ticky tack rules?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

the players don't have much of a choice right now, and I'm sure BB won't be very tolerant w/ the players even if he doesn't like the rule changes.

Just have to hope that by the end of the season and during playoffs, the refs will let them play the game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

The Peytonization of the sport is reaching new levels.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Nothing you can do about it.

The league has hitched its wagon securely to the "fantasy" crowd and football as we dinosaurs have known it does not exist anymore, and won't again.

Alas.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

The NFL just can't have their Peyton getting embarrassed on live TV. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I'll just watch the Pats, and bite my nails. Lots of teams that deserved the win wont get it. That's not football.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The games will not be called like this during the season. They are just overdoing it now with the hopes of players having it in their back of their heads when playing. They would never allow it to continue into reg. season because the fans would be bs and stop watching. This also happened a few years back and lots of flags in preseason...and by week 5, it was all forgotten. I am not worried about it. Our DBs have never had problems with holding and all that, they were usually not even close enough to hold. Revis should get the benefit when it comes to iffy calls. Browner not so much...but hey, Adjust and DO YOUR JOB!

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We see this every year, the emphasize a rule and the flags come a flying in preseason (though this year is beyond horrible), I expect it to calm down a bit by the regular season (given the backlash so far) but this is purely for the fantasy crowd. They want to draw in more casual fans and the best way to do that is through fantasy stats and more scoring. However, come Jan the flags get stuffed away. The fact the last 2 SB winners also lead the league in passing penalties in their respective year shows the league is only interested in placating to the fantasy crowd when it matters (weeks 1-16) and once the playoffs start they let the boys play. It's not a biased towards one player or team but a sound business strategy made solely to expand the market. I really hope we don't see as many flags in regular season (I'd like a 1/4 of it actually) but lets face it they are doing this for more money during the regular season but when the weather gets cold the flags get frozen so a tough nosed D still rules in Jan and Feb.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The games will not be called like this during the season. They are just overdoing it now with the hopes of players having it in their back of their heads when playing. They would never allow it to continue into reg. season because the fans would be bs and stop watching. This also happened a few years back and lots of flags in preseason...and by week 5, it was all forgotten. I am not worried about it. Our DBs have never had problems with holding and all that, they were usually not even close enough to hold. Revis should get the benefit when it comes to iffy calls. Browner not so much...but hey, Adjust and DO YOUR JOB!

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

nice to get a different perspective and I hope ur right

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Our wrs and tes never get calls anyway.  Ever notice that? Our dbs breathe on a receiver and the flag is out.  Our wr or te gets mauled and it is like an act of god to have them throw the flag.

I have to say, since these goodell changes came into effect, i have never seen bb so vocal towards the refs on the sidelines.

He used to never do that.

no only you and other rampant blind homers notice it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Nothing you can do about it.

The league has hitched its wagon securely to the "fantasy" crowd and football as we dinosaurs have known it does not exist anymore, and won't again.

Alas.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

there is room for a middle ground between "dinosaur" and the hi flying passing attacks of today...three yards and a cloud of dust is boring and passe and unnecessary with the great athleticism of modern players but arena/fantasy football is not football as it is meant to be played

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

I just hope it doesn't take the excitement out the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsTxGrl's comment:

what's with all you Pats fans in Texas? How?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

what's with you, a giants fan being on a Patriots forum? How?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

The Peytonization of the sport is reaching new levels.

PERFECT post.

THis is no longer the NFL. It is basketball. All they want to do is feed fantasy football revenues. Sick. It is really right on the verge of losing me as a fan altogether.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Our wrs and tes never get calls anyway.  Ever notice that? Our dbs breathe on a receiver and the flag is out.  Our wr or te gets mauled and it is like an act of god to have them throw the flag.

I have to say, since these goodell changes came into effect, i have never seen bb so vocal towards the refs on the sidelines.

He used to never do that.

I have noticed that you cry about refs almost as much as you do about the media's "anti patsie conspiracy"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

I'll just watch the Pats, and bite my nails. Lots of teams that deserved the win wont get it. That's not football.

I still cannot believe the two hose jobs vs the pats last year.  Just blatant end-of-game bagjobs.

Are you talking about the New Orleans game where the refs didn't make the call against the patsies and the Falcons game where TG was mugged and they let it go?  Yep, those dastardly refs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

somebody has to temper ur arrogance

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

What a way to spend the holidays

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

What a way to spend the holidays

???

Sections
Shortcuts