With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???

I know it was near impossible to keep three first round draft picks in our D-Line but it would have been nice.  But I do love the idea of having that early 1st round pick in 2012 along with our own.  Big Sey made some great stops when the game was in the balance. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???

In Response to With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???:
    I know it was near impossible to keep three first round draft picks in our D-Line but it would have been nice.  But I do love the idea of having that early 1st round pick in 2012 along with our own.  Big Sey made some great stops when the game was in the balance. 
    Posted by Clay73

Sey had been dogging it here for the last two years. I'm glad to see him go and to have gotten a high 1st rounder for him was a huge gift.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???:
    In Response to With Big Sey, Where Would We Be??? : Sey had been dogging it here for the last two years. I'm glad to see him go and to have gotten a high 1st rounder for him was a huge gift.
    Posted by unclealfie

I agree, I loved Seymour for a while but where was he lately.  I think when he got his money he quit trying as hard and expected special treatment.  There is a place for people who want to collect big checks without working hard- Oakland.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Seymour was a great player here.  Also, he had been a bit injured.  I think with his contributions it is conceivabl we could have won both the Colts and the Broncos games.  They were a play here or there away from happening.  That being said, a 1st rounder was good compensation. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

We'd be 7-3 with a big game looming.  Raiders making that trade still makes no sense but thanks for the pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Seymour was a very good player, when he wanted to play.  Too many occasions, it seemed like he took plays off.  Reminds me of Adalius.  Looking forward to the day he's replaced too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The value we got for Seymore is insane, we used a top 10 pick to get him then we had him for all his best years then we sent him to Oakland got a top 10 pick in return for him. That almost never happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???:
    Posted by Clay73

Along with the seemingly endless rants against Laurence Maroney...this is another repeated every 2-3 weeks thread that I'm getting sick and tired of seeing.

"Big Sey", as you call him, was a fading player, who, for whatever reason, never played to his potential, after getting paid big money. Though I won't argue that having him this season wouldn't have hurt...theres' not that much drop-off without him. 

He was going to leave as a free agent...and would have signed on with whoever paid him the most money (probably the Jets). Accordingly, trading him for maximum value this year made a ton of sense. The Raiders' #1 draft choice in 2011 is almost certain to be a top 10 pick.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think with Richard Seymour we would be 7-3 right now without a top 2011 Draft pick in the bank.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They would have four more sacks, a FF and two more PDs. In short, he would be the best Lineman they had- as he has been for the better part of a decade.

They also would have had more depth during the Colts game, when it was obvious that the other players were spent.

That said, NE is going to get a top five pick. The depth problem wouldn't have been an issue if Green and Warren were healthy. And Pryor looks like a steal at that position right now, not Richard Seymour good, but he has looked pretty durned good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: With Big Sey, Where Would We Be???:
    Seymour was a very good player, when he wanted to play.  Too many occasions, it seemed like he took plays off.  Reminds me of Adalius.  Looking forward to the day he's replaced too.
    Posted by southernpat

You notice AD too? He's a pretty good player when he pushes. I hope he pushes more consistently. I would not be surprised if he's the next veteran to be shown the door.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

7-3

Sections
Shortcuts