With Brady, brady 40 is the new 25. let it continue!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

With Brady, brady 40 is the new 25. let it continue!

so far hes got the fountain of youth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: With Brady, brady 40 is the new 25. let it continue!

Not much slowing down so far from Tommy. The great thing is that he is as obcessed with playing QB as wozzy and truechamp are about running the ball.

Translation: He will likely be around 5-6 more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Thank god he is slow.

As great as it would be to have a mobile QB, they just don't have the same longevity as pocket passers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Not much slowing down so far from Tommy. The gerat thing is that he is as obcessed with playing QB as wozzy and truechamp are about running the ball.

Translation: He will likely be around 5-6 more years.

one can only hope

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Thank god he is slow.

As great as it would be to have a mobile QB, they just don't have the same longevity as pocket passers.

that is a good point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

hopefully 5 more years! Enjoy it now while we can!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

From what I have seen, each year he gets better than the last one -- even when you think it isn't possible.  I don't know if he has yet reached his peak.  I don't see an end in sight yet since he has not started a downhill slide.  Let's enjoy it while we can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

From what I have seen, each year he gets better than the last one -- even when you think it isn't possible.  I don't know if he has yet reached his peak.  I don't see an end in sight yet since he has not started a downhill slide.  Let's enjoy it while we can.

exactly sheldong!, thats why i started the thread....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady turned 36 last August - realistically 2 or 3 more seasons. Marino, Elway and Kelly all retired around 38....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Brady is better in every way this year. He is still, unbelievably, getting better every year.

When he scrambled last night, he actually looked faster than ever before.

3 more years as a top 5 QB, at least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Brady turned 36 last August - realistically 2 or 3 more seasons. Marino, Elway and Kelly all retired around 38....

you cannot tell the age of one persons body by the age of another

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Elway could have continued most likely. He went out on top as a 2 time champion. He could have been competitve a bit longer on that team which was loaded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Brady plays until he is 41. His contract is up after NEXT year and I see a 4 year contract which would take him to 41--He will play that contract out unless his body or injury prevents it-he is a Pocket passer. And he loves the game and wants to play. And he will own 90% of ALL QB records if not 100% and go down as the BEST ever to play the position. He will also win 2 more Superbowls along the way---you have heard it here First!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Brady turned 35 last August, not 36.

I don't care how old Marino or Elway were when they left. Game has changed so much that QBs get hit MUCH less than they once did.

Medicine wise, I'm sure there are plenty of things that will keep them in better shape as they age.

With Brady, the only thing you need to worry about is arm strength and endurance. I don't see his body breaking down.

Biggest question mark is the impending contract negotiation.

How many years and how much money can you guarantee a player who will be coming into the new season as 38? How much will Brady demand? And maybe, most importantly, will a QB that they really like fall into their laps in a future draft?

Brady is the LAST Patriot I would want to see in another uniform. But if a guy like Manziel becomes a top NFL prospect and declares for the draft his junior year and the Patriots, for some reason, have a chance at getting him....then I take Manziel.

As much as I want Brady to finish his career here, I'd prefer a Montana to Young transition than an Aikman to whoever took over as the cowboys QB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The man is amazing. He gets taken for granted sometimes because it's been so long that we've had to worry about the most important position in football. He's not 25 anymore but he's even smarter and just as driven to win as he was then. There has been the Brady vs Montana talk for a few years now and IMO Brady has past him as the best to ever play. Brady's played at such a high level for so long it's ridiculous . He is on his way to another MVP at 35 and not slowing down at all

Unbelievable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Brady turned 35 last August, not 36.

I don't care how old Marino or Elway were when they left. Game has changed so much that QBs get hit MUCH less than they once did.

Medicine wise, I'm sure there are plenty of things that will keep them in better shape as they age.

With Brady, the only thing you need to worry about is arm strength and endurance. I don't see his body breaking down.

Biggest question mark is the impending contract negotiation.

How many years and how much money can you guarantee a player who will be coming into the new season as 38? How much will Brady demand? And maybe, most importantly, will a QB that they really like fall into their laps in a future draft?

Brady is the LAST Patriot I would want to see in another uniform. But if a guy like Manziel becomes a top NFL prospect and declares for the draft his junior year and the Patriots, for some reason, have a chance at getting him....then I take Manziel.

As much as I want Brady to finish his career here, I'd prefer a Montana to Young transition than an Aikman to whoever took over as the cowboys QB

depats we're thinking alike.  i posted several posts abotu this on the draft thread a few weeks ago. not gettign rid of brady but dream of making a proactive trade to a team we think will have the 1st pick in 2 years now, to pick manziel and or the best qb in 2 years. even if brady is heere 4/5 more years we can season him 2-3 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Brady plays until he is 41. His contract is up after NEXT year and I see a 4 year contract which would take him to 41--He will play that contract out unless his body or injury prevents it-he is a Pocket passer. And he loves the game and wants to play. And he will own 90% of ALL QB records if not 100% and go down as the BEST ever to play the position. He will also win 2 more Superbowls along the way---you have heard it here First!!!!!!!

i have said same jimmy. my best hope/guess (less a prediction from me than a hope)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

On Patriots All Access a few weeks ago, Brady responded to a suggestion that he could play five more years and he said, "Five years! Don't sell me short!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

On Patriots All Access a few weeks ago, Brady responded to a suggestion that he could play five more years and he said, "Five years! Don't sell me short!"

hey digg,
    i think ive seen him say that, dont know if it was the same moment. i love this guiy. if hes healthy and great till 45 that would set the world on fire.

Sections
Shortcuts