WITH LLOYD + GONZO IN, TIME TO GO AFTER WALLACE (we nearly got WAYNE)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

WITH LLOYD + GONZO IN, TIME TO GO AFTER WALLACE (we nearly got WAYNE)?

as i said before, lloyd concerns me but is a clear upgrade to branch. and for just 4m per annum for 3 years? a total mugging by bb per usual. i say send a 1 to pittsburgh and get wallace for his tag figure (2m?) just for this year. then i'll let ocho go and save 3m on the cap to pay wallace and bring back branch as a 4th wr, just to have him in that kevin faulk safety valve role in the locker room. what weapons.. wallace, welk, herny and gronk with explosive blazers like vereen and ridley as the featured backs! forget about the defense, you get these studs and you can give us that super bowl ring right now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: WITH LLOYD IN, TIME TO GO AFTER WALLACE AND CUT OCHO NEXT?

no, God, go away, you are so obnoxious

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't see Wallace going anywhere.  There has been zero interest from any team to sign him.  I don't see the Pats going after him now that they have Lloyd and Gonzalez.  If by chance they made the Wallace deal then the Patriots offense would be off the hook.  That would be one lethal offense but I don't see it happening which is fine, I am satisfied with the Lloyd signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

They really only needed one outside WR, and they have signed two. With Welker and Gronk they have no use for a guy who will want 90 balls a season. Especially someone like Wallace who would come with a hefty price tag. Not to mention losing the #31 pick. They do not need more WRs, they need DEFENSE! They may pick up another WR in the draft, but any other FAs should be for the other side of the ball. Lloyd fills the need for an outside guy to draw opposing safeties back. Gonzalez is "insurance" provided he can stay healthy. They should be able to open up the middle of the field for Welker and Gronk, and also help out in the running game. Trying to stockpile offensive weapons is not the answer. We have seen from recent playoff losses that the D needs a lot of help, and that's where they need to be focusing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: WITH LLOYD IN, TIME TO GO AFTER WALLACE AND CUT OCHO NEXT?:
    They really only needed one outside WR, and they have signed two. With Welker and Gronk they have no use for a guy who will want 90 balls a season. Especially someone like Wallace who would come with a hefty price tag. Not to mention losing the #31 pick. They do not need more WRs, they need DEFENSE! They may pick up another WR in the draft, but any other FAs should be for the other side of the ball. Lloyd fills the need for an outside guy to draw opposing safeties back. Gonzalez is "insurance" provided he can stay healthy. They should be able to open up the middle of the field for Welker and Gronk, and also help out in the running game. Trying to stockpile offensive weapons is not the answer. We have seen from recent playoff losses that the D needs a lot of help, and that's where they need to be focusing.
    Posted by Bubthegrub12

Excellent post BUB!  Solid analysis, as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The Pats are getting hard up against the cap and probably have just enough cap space to sign TE Fells.  To even think about getting Wallace they would have to cut Light, restructure or cut Ocho and cut Barrett or they would have to trade or cut Welker.  Even then, the Steelers are now $10MM under the cap and they haven't signed anybody.  They are saving that money in case they need to match.

I was the first to suggest going after Wallace but that move has staled.  I can't happen now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Posted by Bubthegrub12
    well bub perhaps you haven't heard. but the pats first tried to sign REGGIE WAYNE for about 2m more than they got lloyd for. it came down to the pats or indy and like a troy brown or brushi in the same situation did not want to be vanitieried the rest of his life so he reupped with the home team over the rival. do u for one sec think that would have pre-empted the move with gonzalez or lloyd? i say no.

just means they werent hot about branch and ocho and that its the last hurrah with welk. in any case for just one year, imagine a 3-receiver starting set (as in 2007 with josh, he's not really a 2 TE guy) of a wallace/wayne-type in the old flanker moss position, lloyd as the donte stallworth type, and yes WELKER in the slot with gronk as the starting TE with herny starting or opening most games in the backfield. is there a defense in the history of football designed to stop that?

when they need a rest or you want to go with a 4 receiver set which josh often did in 2007 with gaffney coming in, you have the option of maximizing speed with ocho or another swifty type in gonzo. with fells, you can go 3 TE with all 3 as pass catchers or to block in a set that will still have the defense on its heels for any of them could release at anytime. we went to the SB with a defense far better already than that one, you telling me with such an offense we couldnt even top the results and record of 2007? come on now!

after this season, you can focus on "re-building" as ocho and welk both come off the books for sure and you exgtend gronk and herny with lloyd and wallace as your 2 solid WRs as you return to more of the 2-te 2-wr sets of this past season! welk will only sign the franchise offer if guaranteed as was the case with both branch and asante that he will not be franchised next season!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

It's amazing how dumb the Avenger is.  It truly is. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from realpatone. Show realpatone's posts

Re: WITH LLOYD + GONZO IN, TIME TO GO AFTER WALLACE (we nearly got WAYNE)?

How about locking up Welker to a long term deal? He has to be steamed especially with lesser receivers like Garcon getting stupid money. The guy deserves it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It's amazing how dumb the Avenger is.  It truly is. 
    Posted by BassFishing

Yes, his ignorance and obnoxiousness astounds me on a daily basis

what a complete waste of space and others time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Disagree, don't need wallace. now  Defense does need LaRon Landry, however

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

if this wasent happening before then it certainly aint happening now the only thing you have right is ocho might get cut since they got lloyd for low cap hit they will now extend a long deal to welker so they can also lower that cap # as well free agency will be over for the pats plus minus a few mid leval cuts and adds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

The only way the Pats get Wallace is that the Pats really want to extend Welker. If Welker declines the offer the Pats get him. I would ship Welker off for either this year second (then trade that pick for future first) or next years first, and a throw in (be it a player or another draft pick). That gives the Pats two first rounders next year, the way BB likes it. Then you would sign Wallace and give up the first rounder that the Pats would have flipped for a second and first anyway.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

...They really only needed one outside WR, and they have signed two. ...Posted by Bubthegrub12

Uhhh....  Lloyd may be an outside receiver but has never been known for his speed and Gonzales is definitely NOT an outside guy.  He's nothing more than camp fodder at the slot and probably won't make the team, so to think we suddenly have the deep threat again is not exactly correct.  Really doesn't matter much anyway, as Brady seems more than content to just throw short stuff anyway.  He rarely even looks deep even when he's got a guy there, as he's too busy forcing it in to Welker, Gronk and Hernandez...  My bigger concern is with the offensive line and playcalling/formation personnel (which will hopefully get sorted out now that O'Brien is gone).

And of course, the D certainly has a ton of holes to fill.  I've got no problem going after Wallace as long as other issues are address as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wallace was a fools deal right along. It's even more so now that we have signed Lloyd. Time to focus on the D and just keep an open eye on RB, OL.

Sections
Shortcuts