With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl

In Response to Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl:
    In Response to Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl : Colts fan here.  Your post is one of the few with reason behind it; these conspiracy theories are a joke.  My daily entertainment is to come to the Globe and read what the homers are saying, it's quite amusing to see how the Colts are in the majorities heads here.  The Pats are winners but few who post here are-in fact I laugh at the whining-most of you could stand a little fresh air. :)
    Posted by oakstreetfunding

what a suprise that all 3 of you posers agree on this. If it were just a couple of calls this year you might have a point but the fact is that this has been going on for years. the media have appointed dungy-manning as NFL saints and the refs act accordingly. Its not just the pats, dolts get bailed out week after week by NFL refs and everyone knows it. Do you people really think its just some strange coincidence that the colts keep coming up with these 1,2,3 or 4 point wins?

The 2006 AFC championship game was a perfect example. Yet another bogus PI call sent the dolts to their one and only SB win. Only that particular bad call was acknowledged in writing by the NFL, so you don't have much to say about it do you? That win should have an asterisk on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Zero pass interference calls against the Colts this season. Can such a thing be logically explained?

I am a reasonable man and I just don't see how this is possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

underdogg: the call was awful --- the point is this, Polian's unceasing whining and kvetching as part of the Rules Committee has influenced the refs. Period. 

And, yes, the NFL wants the Colts to win.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneMoreBicycle. Show OneMoreBicycle's posts

Football is a game rife with tradition, kinda like Papa is Papa is Papa in 'The Fiddler on the Roof.' A man with a mind, like say DENNIS MILLER, can tell you about IQ-tolerance within the inner cirlces of the good old boy club, and Archie is one of the old grand-dads.

Put someone like Archie's sons on the field and the fundamentalists go ga-ga.

Put a real maverick like Coach Hoodie in charge and everyone is aghast because YOU NEED TO PUNT on 4th and 2.

Good thing Tom Brady already has 3 rings. One more than the entire Manning clan, even with those insanely biased PI calls against all but that team formerly from Baltimore.

Go PATS. Win one tonight. Or at least send a message. Then sharpen your cleats for the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

What gets me even more mad is when the Colts run their crossing paterns and pick off the D back before the ball is thrown and don't get called for OPI (Obvious Peyton Interference).  The refs don't make the calls because Peyton will pout and cry like a little baby and then throw who ever got called for the penalty under the bus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl:
    Zero pass interference calls against the Colts this season. Can such a thing be logically explained? I am a reasonable man and I just don't see how this is possible.
    Posted by antibody

It isn't possible. I'd like to see a link with proof.

From their last game: "The last thing Peyton Manning needs is help from the officials, but he got it in a big-time way on what was one of the worst pass interference penalties I've seen in 33 years."

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/11/phantom_penalty_helps_colts_pu.html

And yet we're all imagining it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Patriots don't worry about what the refs do.  The Patriots go out on the field and control the part of the game they can control - doing their job.  Bad calls and missed calls happen every week, in every game, to every team.  It's what you do with those opportunities (or challenges) that makes you great.  The Colts take advantage of them. Even after those calls, the Colts still had to score and win the game.  Forget the officiating, it's always going to be suspect. After the "Tuck Rule" call, the Raiders had PLENTY of chances to still win the game, but failed to do so.  They couldn't even convert a 3rd and inches in the snow (sad). So, one call - or even 10 calls - does not a Super Bowl make. You STILL have to execute.  Last time I checked, the refs never just awarded any team 6 points... the team still has to get the ball in the endzone (or stop the opponent from doing it).
    Posted by diablotin

Just one other thing about the trolls who post here whining about "The Tuck Rule". The rule may be a bad one...but it was correctly enforced. In other words, the call was correct. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What gets me even more mad is when the Colts run their crossing paterns and pick off the D back before the ball is thrown and don't get called for OPI (Obvious Peyton Interference).  The refs don't make the calls because Peyton will pout and cry like a little baby and then throw who ever got called for the penalty under the bus.
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS

No...the refs aren't worried about Peyton pouting. They're worried about angering their defacto boss, Rules Committee Czar Bill Polian.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

The 2006 AFC championship game was a perfect example. Yet another bogus PI call sent the dolts to their one and only SB win. Only that particular bad call was acknowledged in writing by the NFL, so you don't have much to say about it do you? That win should have an asterisk on it.
    Posted by unclealfie

Which call was that? I have a black spot in my brain where that game should be and my memory needs to be refreshed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL (and especially the Trolls):

I posted similiar sentiments on another thread, but allow me to reiterate...

CAN You People Defending The Colts EVER once respond to The Facts We offer?

~Such as the unlikely fairness/coincidence and all else stemming from and with How Polian and formerly Dungy are/were on the Competition Committee which oversees NFL Rule Changes and the play of NFL Officials themselves,

AND How The Frequent Rule Changes during their tenure have been coincidentally highly beneficial to the Unique Style of Game Play, specifically-A Pass-happy, Offensive-game plan, Favored by The Indianapolis Colts,

AND How The Colts have been either last, like They are this year in Penalty Yardage (and Penalties)...yet again, OR ALWAYS in the bottom-tier of Teams in these Categories for a Decade, ALL during vast Team personell, player, coaching, and League game changes, While EVERY other NFL Franchise more rationally jumps across the Board, up and down having good years with penalties/yards and some bad years,

AND How (IF You want to talk matchup specific) The Colts haven't had a PI Penalty this year on Defense, AND How The Total Penalties per matchup coincide closer than The Total Penalty Yardage per final box score tally (such as has been the case this entire year within their matchups, and last day's game, and during the past decade of Pats/Colts Rivalries), AND finally (speaking of said rivalry), How it could rationally be That The Pats have had almost 1 and 1/2 more Total Penalties with 72-50 (22 freakin' more) AND well More Than 1 and 1/2 more Penalty Yardage with 662-404 yards (2 HUNDRED and Fifty-Eight MORE Yards) in just over 10 meetings in This Rivalry?

~I mean Honestly Trolls and Ignorant People alike?  CAN ANY of You people give ANYthing other than ambiguous Cyclical Rationale and Rhetoric ("It all evens out, sometimes good for us, sometimes bad," "Pats had the Tuck Rule, ya know," "The PI Penalty last night was a little less understandable than the Pats PI call") and moreso, Deflective Statements of weak Hyperbole propped up by pathetic attempts at witticisms ("All you Pats Fans are whiners," "It's ALL a vast Conspiracy ain't it...hee-haw, hee-haw")? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't believe Polian actually pays the refs as some do.  Nor do I believe there is an actual conspiracy going on.  I do wonder whether or not there are some indirect influences though.  Does the NFL Competition Committee influence other aspects of officials lives besides the mere passage of rules?  For instance, do they review the grades officials receive?  Do they have any indirect impact on officials that could cause some officials to behave friendly?  I don't think they do, but it's getting harder for my anti-conspiracy thinking head to grasp the frequent PI calls going Indy's way.

Part of my hesitation for believing conspiracies results from my faith that BB and Kraft would be raising hell behind the scenes if there was even a remote chance something funny was going on.  Teams send tapes of questionable calls to the league each week.  The chorus would be too loud to ignore if something shady was going on.  This is why I tend to think there could be other indirect influences.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yippie. Show Yippie's posts

If the Colts are such a great team they shouldn't need the PI calls to win. The problem is that they arn't. So, the ref's lean in Manning's favor. Thats what being a media ho buys you.  Even listening to the sportscasters fawn over him during games is getting sickening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I don't believe Polian actually pays the refs as some do.  Nor do I believe there is an actual conspiracy going on.  I do wonder whether or not there are some indirect influences though.  Does the NFL Competition Committee influence other aspects of officials lives besides the mere passage of rules?  For instance, do they review the grades officials receive?  Do they have any indirect impact on officials that could cause some officials to behave friendly?  I don't think they do, but it's getting harder for my anti-conspiracy thinking head to grasp the frequent PI calls going Indy's way. Part of my hesitation for believing conspiracies results from my faith that BB and Kraft would be raising hell behind the scenes if there was even a remote chance something funny was going on.  Teams send tapes of questionable calls to the league each week.  The chorus would be too loud to ignore if something shady was going on.  This is why I tend to think there could be other indirect influences.  
    Posted by carawaydj

You've nailed it. No one is accusing Polian of paying off the refs, yet he does exert influence on them via his lofty position on the Rules Committee. His lobbying for his "Polian Passing Rules" should of alerted Bob Kraft and others of the his potential to influence officials. Its' an obvious conflict of interest...the good of the game vs. the good for his team. Which do you think Polian chooses?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl :      You've nailed it. No one is accusing Polian of paying off the refs, yet he does exert influence on them via his lofty position on the Rules Committee. His lobbying for his "Polian Passing Rules" should of alerted Bob Kraft and others of the his potential to influence officials. Its' an obvious conflict of interest...the good of the game vs. the good for his team. Which do you think Polian chooses?   
    Posted by TexasPat3

I don't like the fact that a biased official gets appointed to these positions.  I think it should be someone from the league office.  At the very least, I'd like to think it's someone not currently affiliated with the league.

Otherwise, include someone from EVERY team (competition committee = every head coach; a GM could stand in if there is no head coach; an owner could take their places if the team doesn't have a head coach or a GM)

And the competition committee doesn't control the rules.  They only make recommendations on which the owners then vote.  Nonetheless, I think the results (no pass interference calls against the Colts somehow) prove that there is influence by the Colts on the officiating.  THERE'S NO WAY NO COLTS DEFENSIVE BACK HAS TOUCHED A RECEIVER DOWNFIELD BEFORE THE BALL WAS THROWN ALL SEASON.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: With PI (Peyton Interference) Calls, No Way Indy Doesn't Make Super Bowl : Which call was that? I have a black spot in my brain where that game should be and my memory needs to be refreshed.
    Posted by Caesar1177

In 2006, the refs made a bogus PI call against Ellis Hobbs, who was covering Reggie Wayne. That call giftwrapped a TD for the Colts, who went on to win, 38-34...and go to the SB.

After the game, the NFL sent a letter of apology to the Patriots for that call. They should have apologized for handing the Colts their lone SB...and costing the Pats what would have been their 4th championship in 6 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Zero pass interference calls against the Colts this season. Can such a thing be logically explained? I am a reasonable man and I just don't see how this is possible.
    Posted by antibody

This data speaks for itself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

We really gotta stop giving the trolls a reason to call us whiners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

We really gotta stop giving the trolls a reason to call us whiners.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

Especially when your team has 3 super bowls that with the wrong kind of goading can cause some of them to claim they were tainted.

That's not me, but some might.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I don't know if you saw my post after the Colts/Pats game this season but i'll say it again.Colts won,Pats lost. No excuses.Gratz to all the Colts fans.CYA in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell obvioulsly sent a message to the Refs.... Let the Saints win...pitiful calls...looks like the same Refs are officiating this game...unfortunately.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

As a Pats Fan Yes I agree it was the PI in the NE game that was not a PI that turned the game around for the Colts not the 2 yd pass play. I will also say some WR have the ability to push off and never have a call made and Moss is real good at it
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Good for you. I'm a Colts fan and a huge Manning fan but it is good to see someone else admit Randy Moss does that little "push off" move in and around the end zone better than anyone else in football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Interesting article on the Colts and penalties on the StarNews.com.  Here's the relevant quote:

"In their 20-17 and 35-27 sweep of Houston, the Colts were penalized seven times for 65 yards. The Texans drew 23 penalties for 232 yards, among them drive-killers and field-position changers.

'I think in a game like (Sunday) where we had three penalties, they had 10, it was pretty significant,' Colts coach Jim Caldwell said Monday.That's why the Colts track practice penalties, particularly concentration breakdowns like false starts and offsides.  Penalty avoidance is a team priority, and it shows.

The Colts have been whistled 54 times for 416 yards, their opponents 68 times for 660 yards. The Colts have the fewest penalties for fewest yards in the NFL." 

I don't know why the team works so hard to avoid penalties: according to the posters on this site, the Colts already get all the calls b/c they pay off the refs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtFan69. Show ColtFan69's posts

Nuff said!

Sections
Shortcuts