With Regards To Vince

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: With Regards To Vince

I would do the deal but the chances of that ever happening is less than 5%. That'd be amazing if it did happen but I doubt Det would trade him. Are you only proposing a 2nd and a 4th? Because that won't even get the Lions attention IMO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jay Z is his agent. He is looking at a record setting deal.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Detroit is going to rework and extend Suh's contract to free up CAP space.

Now, here's a shocker, I don't want him here. And it's not his demeanor...it's his play. I did not see a dominant Suh this season...he looked like a mere mortal to me. He's good...then he's OK...then he's good...and back to OK...

He takes up enough money to pay 2 quality players which may be better.

The Pats issue this season was depth and it's always risky to have a ton of money tied up in one player.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Couldn't you have put this thread in with this one:

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/things-will-be-happening-anyday-now/100/7005060

Vince is done. He will never complete a full and effective season ever again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the largest impediment for Suh going to another team.  The amount of money this guy will demand will be in the QB range for a defender?  May be in for a disappointing result.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Detroit is going to rework and extend Suh's contract to free up CAP space.

Now, here's a shocker, I don't want him here. And it's not his demeanor...it's his play. I did not see a dominant Suh this season...he looked like a mere mortal to me. He's good...then he's OK...then he's good...and back to OK...

He takes up enough money to pay 2 quality players which may be better.

The Pats issue this season was depth and it's always risky to have a ton of money tied up in one player.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he wants to be there. I also think Avril leaving hurt him a bit. Fair enough response, though.

[/QUOTE]

Ya...whatever money the Pats can free up it may be better to patch up a few areas. SS, OL,TE,DL and some bench depth. Seemed like the Pats had more sucess with the money spread out over the team versus a few. Whatever the reason Detroit just couldn't get it done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Throw in Beyonce and we have a deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/things-will-be-happening-anyday-now/100/7005060

[/QUOTE]

You wish, Bustchise. 

[/QUOTE]

No, I don't wish Melly.  But I'm not afraid to face the truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would I be out of line to respectfully ask how much longer you intend to keep up the charade?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would I be out of line to respectfully ask how much longer you intend to keep up the charade?

[/QUOTE]

What?  Do you want me to pretend Vince will come back like he was in 2012? Now that would be a charade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the largest impediment for Suh going to another team.  The amount of money this guy will demand will be in the QB range for a defender?  May be in for a disappointing result.

[/QUOTE]

That's my point.  HE has a rep of not being a leader, being a bit immature, etc, so why would Detroit put that kind of money into him moving forward?.....

...... If they overpay Suh, they're cooked and duping their fans.

[/QUOTE]

Do you get the feeling if this guy gets "paid", he becomes another Haynesworth?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

jesus thats actually an elaborate plan/trade that i would certainly do. no doubt i love Big Vince but he's 33 coming off the achilles and itll be tough for a 330+ guy to be who he was before again.

Suh is a beast. I would do this if Suh took like a 4yr/32mil extension or something like that

BB should try that.

only thing is I think Jones/Vellano dont cut it for a great defense. Siliga should only be a sub. they should draft a big boy Hageman, Nix, Tuitt, or D. Jones to bulk up the line. (shh it even with the roster we have now thats who they need to draft)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love Suh, I think he is a fantastic player, but because he is so good he won't be coming here...not for a second and a third...no way in hell.

I don't think a first rounder would get it done either, not for a top five pick who has already established himself as one of the best at his position...and he should be able to play at a high level for another 5 years. We'd have to give up our first, our second and something next year too - then we'd have to pay him. Would I do that? I'd consider it because guys like that are game changers...people that make everyone around them better...we wouldn't have to watch Manning be so comfy in the pocket that he could be doing his taxes, like in the AFC title game.

I don't see Detroit letting this guy get away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jesus thats actually an elaborate plan/trade that i would certainly do. no doubt i love Big Vince but he's 33 coming off the achilles and itll be tough for a 330+ guy to be who he was before again.

Suh is a beast. I would do this if Suh took like a 4yr/32mil extension or something like that

BB should try that.

only thing is I think Jones/Vellano dont cut it for a great defense. Siliga should only be a sub. they should draft a big boy Hageman, Nix, Tuitt, or D. Jones to bulk up the line. (shh it even with the roster we have now thats who they need to draft)

[/QUOTE]

.. but... is he the club house leader the Pats need on the defense?  All it will take is another "incident" like we have seen from him and if he is on the Pats, I can hear it now!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.. but... is he the club house leader the Pats need on the defense?  All it will take is another "incident" like we have seen from him and if he is on the Pats, I can hear it now!

[/QUOTE]

we have leaders in Mayo and McCourty & Talib if Talib gets re-signed.

WOuldnt be surprised if Chandler, Hightower and Collins became leaders too

leadership, imo, isnt an issue on our D. talent is. and there are situations you say "eh he's stupid at times, but that talent is undeniable" this would be one of those situations

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

JayZ first option for every client is NY. Even Cano. That didnt work, but he pitches Suh to you know who in NY (hint: not Mara)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts