WITH THE 23rd. PICK, THE PATROIT'S CHOOSE???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I love it. We can go a dozen different directions and they're all potentially franchise players. Sweet.

Just to change things up: Percy Harvin. This guy is like Steve Smith and Chris Johnson rolled into one. That sounds pretty awesome to me, especially if he can come close to their production. He could line up anywhere and instantly give us that home run threat that we so desperately need . . . oh, wait. We already have a few of those. *grin*

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

ME!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Aarron Maybin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

What the hell here's the complete draft:
    23rd- Connor Barwin DE/OLB/TE
    34th- Eben Britton OT or Merideth, depends who's avaialble
    47th- (if not traded for 2010) Sean Smith CB
    58th- Paul Kruger DE
    89th- Jasper Brinkley ILB
    3rd Compensatory- Ramses Barden WR (BTW 6'6" 227lb 4.50 40)
    120th- Terrance Taylor DT (can play nose)
    4th Compensatory-Courtney Greene SS
    6th Round-Alex Boone OT
    7th Round-Josh Mauga ILB
    7th Compensatory-Jared Bronson TE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

clint sintim

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from taowen1. Show taowen1's posts

If they don't get someone like Peppers or Taylor before the draft, I would take Aaron Maybin or Larry English as OLB. If they do, Rey Maualuga as ILB. But, knowing the unpredictability of the Patriots on draft day, they will probably not select either of these two. Clint Sintim, another linebacker, is someone to look out for. They could also draft an Tackle/Tight End at this pick just to bulk up in the inside or to take the best player available if Pettigrew is still here, and wait for 34 (if they do not trade it away) for selecting a linebacker (one or more of the following: Clint Sintim, Larry English, Connor Barwin, James Laurinaitis, Clay Matthews, could be around at this time). Also, let's not forget Malcom Jenkins - but they might be all set with Bodden and Springs (hopefully).

My prediction is an OT at #23 and Clint Sintim at #34. I also see them trading away at least one of their 2nd round picks. They could also swap 23 and 34 to move way up, which would be exciting, but pricy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

the pats take the best availible player at any position, if they find no value at 23 they will trade either up or down to get their guy, i think they should go offensive lineman and then take alphonso smith at 34

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

BEST PLAYER AVAILIBLE !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Brian Cushing OLB (USC)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

[Quote]ur crazy...a te? we need pass rushers!!! first pick olb next ilb then ol[/Quote]

2002 21th pick - Daniel Graham
    2004 32nd pick - Benjamin Watson

It won't be the first they take a tight end in the first round. I just don't think BB would take the fourth or fifth OLB over the best TE on the board. They need pass-rushing but I just don't see a great one at at 23rd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

John Thomas Brady. He's got tremendous upside and a non-stop motor. No it's Barwin or the best available OLB or CB. The Pats took Mayo at 10 when he was rising fast; same could be true with Barwin. As I stated previously, Mauluaga could rise or fall based on his pro-day performance. A DB with # 34 is also a good idea (whoever's available). Still like Chung in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm glad I'm not a scout or paid to do this because I know all of Percy's abilities but there's still something I don't like and think he will not adjust to the pros. Might be the Florida rep but I don't think so.

I think so many Pats fans are so excited because the value in this draft is from pick 20 to 50, those are the players who most teams want to go after. We have three of those pics and two more one at 58 and the other at 89.

Is there still a Pats fan that is not willing to say "in Bill we trust"? if there is just look at how he has set up drafts and yes there have been some misses on the selections but name a team that hasn't. I rather have him in that war room than anyone else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I like Kruger but he's a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He should be there mid to late second and might be there at 89.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lwstarr. Show lwstarr's posts

CONNOR FREAKIN BARWIN.....Nuf said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

I'd like to see them take Brian Toll with one of their later picks. I think he would be a possible replacement for Heath Evans and he could play a little linebacker. He just seems like one of those tough versatile players that BB would like.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wafostermisionero. Show wafostermisionero's posts

Gentlemen, a couple of things come to mind. First, are they targeting Jason Taylor to play Rush OLB this year? GOTTA BELIEVE THEY WILL! Second, exactly how much do the Patriots like Shawn Crable their 3rd Round Selection from last year? WORD IS THEY DO LIKE CRABLE..And thirdly, what if a team desperate to move up on draft day to get ¨their guy¨offers a 2010 1st Rounder and a 3rd rounder this year? THAT IS A POSSIBILITY ALSO...I say the Pats trade their 1st Rounder at 23 and still get the guy they wanted at 34 - an OL like Beatty, Britton, Unger or an Alex Mack...there are plenty of OLB with solid 2nd round grades, the third rounder obtained can go to a Mike Mickens CB of Cinncinati...oh and they get a 2010 1st rounder for next year!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from taowen1. Show taowen1's posts

im gonna go ahead and change my choice. the more i see and read about this connor barwin kid the more i would LOVE to see him with the patriots, so im gonna say #23 and #34 go to Connor Barwin and an OT, either respectively or interchangably.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[Quote]

BOLT@16[/Quote] The Jets will grab Maualaga 1st

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]CONNOR FREAKIN BARWIN.....Nuf said.[/Quote]

What is Connor is not there, I'm one that believes he's getting into the top 20.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Scarnecchia is going to get a pick...and BB listens to him a lot...expect a lineman pretty early.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]no ol's, our defense was the biggest issue we need to restock it , first three picks go defense , hen worry about oline.[/Quote]
    Vinnie who in the defence side can play QB? Because if the OL is not addressed Brady might be out again. Good tackles if there have to be taken. Very good draft for talent in late second and third for OLB and ILBs but not for OL than can come in for help protect TB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like Crable too. But the bottom line is that AT is also getting up there. He has a couple years left. And I doubt Ne will see another OLB draft like this within the next half-decade.

So strike while the iron is hot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Connor Barwin, Linebacker out of Cincinatti

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm sure RM will be a good player but can he pickup BB's D. He had a terrible score on the written test at the combine. Doesn't matter how good he is if he can't follow what he needs to do X and Os.