WITH THE 23rd. PICK, THE PATROIT'S CHOOSE???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]Rey Maualaga ILB[/Quote]

BOLT@16

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Updated Draft with new comp picks and shake things up have some fun:
    23rd-Connor Barwin OLB/DE/TE
    34th-Traded to KC 2010 1st and 2009 5th 131st
    47th-D.J. Moore CB
    58th-Larry English OLB/DE
    89th-Jasper Brinkley ILB
    97th-Ramses Barden WR (6'6" 227lb 4.50 40)BB wants him he'll take at 58
    4th-Ricky Jean-Francois DT/DE
    5th From KC (my mock) Gerald Cadogan OL (possible LT)
    5th-Otis Wiley S
    6th-Alex Boone OL
    6th-Derek Nicholson ILB
    7th-DeAndre Wright CB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Tao, I'm in the same boat but I think James Laurinaitis would be an impact player rightaway. I have seen where the Tuna and the Dolphins love this guy too (Barwin) so if the packs don't pick him at 23 the phins will take him at 25 (or 26 no sure of their pick) and then is Jason Taylor all over again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Best ot available

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Clay Matthews is 1st round talent. He can play inside or outside LB and that makes him a Pat type player.

Darius Butler - I wonder if he'll be there. Although I'm a big proponent of the LB spot it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got this guy.

Conner Barwin - Another Pat player but I believe this is a bit high to get him.

Maualuga - We are going to have to move up to get this guy. The Pats have the picks to package up so if he slips a bit I would like to see the Pats jump all over him.

Sorry. No OTs good enough at this spot. We would have to reach for that player. Barwin is a far better value and I consider him a reach with this pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[Quote]
    Vinnie who in the defence side can play QB? Because if the OL is not addressed Brady might be out again. Good tackles if there have to be taken. Very good draft for talent in late second and third for OLB and ILBs but not for OL than can come in for help protect TB.[/Quote]

That isn't true at all. There are some *excellent* OT prospects in the second. That really is the place to grab one this season.

Meredith, Beatty, and maybe Britton who could sneak into the first (well anyone of them could) are barely seperated from the top guys. And all threeof them are smart athletic type OTs like the Pats take. Iwould be glad to grab any of them, and would project them as upgrades.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

no ol's, our defense was the biggest issue we need to restock it , first three picks go defense , hen worry about oline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

@#23: as the Faucetman says, one of the B's (Barwin, Beatty or Butler) will most likely go; dark horse would be JL (assuming Maualuga or Pettigrew is off the board)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Barwin might break top 20, you heard it here first. RM doesn't have it upstairs to play in BBs D. So at 23 you will have Clay Matthews or James Laurinaitus. I preffer JL even though he could fall to 34.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

I like Pettigrew at 23 if it looks like Matthews might drop to 34 then we could probably get a quality CB or ILB with our other second round pick. This is kinda wishful thinking but too me it would be sweet. We could fill two needs and solidify the TE position in just two rounds. Get a 3rd rould OT and trade the rest of the picks up for next year for all I care we are ready to play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNottingham. Show PatsNottingham's posts

1st round - LB Clay Matthews or Larry English

2nd round - Safety Sean Smith

One of the late round picks will be another developmental quarterback a la Cassel. Its now part of their long term approach.

Sections
Shortcuts