With the 29th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the NE Patriots Pick...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: With the 29th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the NE Patriots Pick...

If they don't slide out of first rd, I say J Amaro TE, from TT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Rashede Hageman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

BUST-CHISE...to save money on a tackling dummy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Aaron Donald or Hageman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aaron Donald or Hageman

[/QUOTE]

Aaron Donald won't be around by the 29th pick, unfortunately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

draft Aaron Murray somewhere

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've read all the major Mock Drafts and the big names for us are Jace Amaro, Stephon Tuitt, Ra'Shede Hageman.  I'm not sure any of those guys will make it to 29 though.  Lot's of speculation, but one thing is certain, we need another weapon for Brady that can pair with or fill in for Gronk, and we need to get more athletic and powerful on the D Line.  As moot as it all is in the end (after all, we're talking about BB here who may very well trade out of the 1st round), would love to hear thoughts on and discuss our potential first round pick.

[/QUOTE]

If the opportunity presents itself, I see BB trading down, much as he did last year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Aaron Donald or Hageman

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you think that? I checked NFL.com's mock drafts and only one (of four) had him going in the first round, and that one (Charles Davis) had him going to the Pats. Mock drafts don't mean anything, but just wondering why you feel differently?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Im with MB on this Pryor for me too. I like him over Dix. That boy can hit. Great Tackler.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... Louisville S, Calvin Pryor.

[/QUOTE]

I would love it...that would be like 3 safeties taken in 3 years...1sr, 2nd and 3rd round. It makes me cringe just like when we were doing the same at cb. 

Is Tavon really just a perennial St'er? Does Harmon or Ebner or Davis have anything? 

I really wanted a dominating DT this year. It feels like a decade since we drafted one. Brace doesn't count btw...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I dont care if it takes 5 Drafts if I could find the next Ronnie Lott.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

guys such an easy answer.... some player from Rutgers we barely heard of!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would love it...that would be like 3 safeties taken in 3 years...1sr, 2nd and 3rd round. It makes me cringe just like when we were doing the same at cb. 

Is Tavon really just a perennial St'er? Does Harmon or Ebner or Davis have anything? 

I really wanted a dominating DT this year. It feels like a decade since we drafted one. Brace doesn't count btw...

[/QUOTE]

This ^. DT with the first 2 picks if there's 2 that are worthy    We get a pass rush and Brady will do the rest.   I might be in the minority but I think Thompkins could be special this year.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Aaron Donald or Hageman

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Assuming both are available, I'd take Donald.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Xavier Su'a-Filo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope his knee injury drops him to us...

Irish Chocolate

[/QUOTE]

Is that his real name or is that a nickname?

[/QUOTE]

Nix gave himself that nickname.

He's exactly what the Dr ordered.

However more and more mocks say the Steelers will take him.

Hageman has been drawing a lot of attention as well so he may be gone as well.

[/QUOTE]

I hope Hageman is there don't forget he played in Minnesota a pretty cold city.. I would trade up a couple of slots to grab him if need be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I think every year BB takes a close look at 4 or 5 players he can draft in the 1st round. This year I'd say those players are Pryor, Amaro, Nix and Hageman. If the players he wants aren't there he trades down. Ryan, Boyce and Collins all showed some potential last year after BB traded down to get them. If there is a player he really likes he trades up to make sure he gets them Jones. The real question is would BB trade up to get any player in this year's draft. I don;t think he will. Or if he does it will be a trade up to 20-25 range to get his player. A trade down could happen on draft day. Some people have to remember that getting the all-important impact rookie is not easy when you continuously make the playoffs. A more likely scenario is that you get solid contributors and potential starters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

If the draft Is deep as suggested, maybe a deal like last year will allow for more chances to get players that can actually play just like 2013 draft.   Just a thought

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Since we all know atleast ONE pick will come out of Rutgers, I have compiled my short list of guys who I wouldnt mind seeing but I dont think either are 1st rounders but possibly 2-4 rounds.

WR Brandon Coleman (6-5, 220, 4.59)*

A preseason third-team All-American (Sporting News) heading into his junior season, Coleman is one of college football's most dangerous scoring threats with 16 TD catches in just 26 career games. While his size is often the attribute most talked about, it's Coleman's feet that give him his biggest advantage, as he routinely defeats press coverage with an explosive first step, and then agility and quickness to surpass his opponent within the first five yards. You'd typically expect an athlete this long to struggle to redirect or shift with suddenness, but Coleman exhibits good hip-sink and flexibility to separate out of cuts and consistently create space for himself, despite lacking elite straight-line speed. Where Coleman struggles the most is really in his concentration and awareness. He'll drop a ball that hits him in the hands when there isn't a defender within 10 yards, or he'll round off a route when he doesn't have to, allowing the defender to close on the ball and knock it away. He's shown good hands and off-body catch coordination on many occasions, yet will elect to move his body in front of a throw in order to chest-trap the ball, rather than plucking it. These flaws are ones that are often cured with more experience and coaching, and considering the flashes we've seen out of Coleman, the expectation should be that he'll only improve in 2013. Coleman is an elite talent with first-round ability.

OG Antwan Lowery (6-4, 305, 4.96)

After switching from right guard to left guard in 2012, Lowery earned first-team ALL-BIG EAST honors, and put himself on the NFL draft map in the process. There's nothing overtly explosive about Lowery's game, but he's as sound of a technician as there is on the Rutgers offensive line, and exhibits intelligence in both facets of the offense. One of his biggest strengths is his use of arm length to establish control immediately, as he routinely gets his hands inside the chest of his opponent, and is rarely grabbed or dictated off the snap. He keeps his weight just forward enough without doubling over, sustains a wide, balanced lower half with good bend, and displays good short area quickness and agility to keep his feet moving and sliding on contact. He appears a bit heavy-footed in a straight line, but his strong initial burst enables him to get out in front as a run blocker, and be effective at the second level. Another year to build on his success could mean an early-round selection next May.

I wouldnt mind taking a shot at either of these guys or both. We need a WR who is a threat in the redzone. We usually dont have a problem getting there. We need another big target to offset Gronk and Coleman fits the bill. Lowery is a versatile inside lineman who can play either side and is known for his intelligence and hand usage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Trade down - all indications are this draft is very deep. I also think BB does what he always does in free agency - fills the holes with "plausible" players, leaving him more open at draft day to pick any position - I think he does this as smoke and mirrors to other teams as much as anything. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade down - all indications are this draft is very deep. I also think BB does what he always does in free agency - fills the holes with "plausible" players, leaving him more open at draft day to pick any position - I think he does this as smoke and mirrors to other teams as much as anything. 

[/QUOTE]

wow, never thought of that. Interesting.... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't NE get him in round 3 or 4?

[/QUOTE]

CBS has him at 28 overall.  He's a hitter which they lack but he's no speed demon at 4.58

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't NE get him in round 3 or 4?

[/QUOTE]

CBS has him at 28 overall.  He's a hitter which they lack but he's no speed demon at 4.58

[/QUOTE]

That's Rodney speed. All you need as a SS is great instincts and a fearlessness of hitting people at full speed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You know for a fact that God is in your teams corner if Pryor is still on the board at #29. The kid is the purest hitter in the entire class.