With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

With Oaklands #1 pick the Pats take Mark Ingram, RB, of the University of Alabama. Wouldnt thsat be sweet. Which is why I dont think he will take a RB early this year. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

I personally think the Pats might not draft an OLB or DE and use the Raiders pick to trade down into the 10-15 range and get some one like Romeus (OLB), Clayborn or Heyward(3-4 DEs). Lots of college ball to be played, though. Players like Locker, Ingram and Julio Jones will be the sexy picks, but last time BB had a pick that high he took an ILB (Mayo) and DE/DT (Seymour). So I don't necessarily think that he takes the best offensive player on the board when history shows the best defensive player is more likely. Again it all depends on who BB & Co. draft this year and who turns out to be starter material this season (Butler, Chung and MacKenzie).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Ingram is pretty good man. I was thinking he was going to take a shot at the draft this year but he's also pretty smart to stay in and bring his stock up some more. I was reading an article a few months ago about him being the #17 athlete in the country(All Sports) his senior year in high school which isn't bad for a RB. He also has his head screwed on straight compared to his old man and seems to have learned from his father's mistakes. If he was coming out this year he'd be my favorite RB just ahead of Spiller.The only problem is, will the Raiders actually finish that bad this year to give us that pick. I have a feeling they are going to be a little more mediocre than we may like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I went to Grand Blanc High School with Ingram. Never met him because the school was big and freshmen are at a different campus. He was transferred to Southwestern in Flint his Senior year because our idiot coach never ran the ball. My current English teacher had him, and says he was a good kid. He is currently on the Dean's list at Alabama and is on pace to graduate in three years, so I can see him coming out for the 2011 draft. He would be a great runner for New England. He can catch the ball and block as well. 

That said, I can see New England going a variety of directions. They could choose one of the 3 elite wide receivers that may come out. They could also look at Patrick Peterson, who is considered one of the best cornerback prospects in many years. 

I know that the 2010 draft hasn't even started, but I cannot wait until 2011. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

I'd be pumped but even if you took Ingram out of the equation the options are ridiculous!  Here's to hoping the Raiders trip over themselves...

Good luck Seymour but we'd LOVE to have you back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would so rather a RB this year, Noel Devine next year and the Oak pick on Patrick Peterson CB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

We don't need a RB we have Maroney...............Hahahahahahahaha
    Breath.......................hahahahahahaha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I can't imagine them not taking one this year either. 4 good picks early and there are a lot to choose from that would instantly upgrade our team.I can't sit through another year of Pure Maroney.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to Re: With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine them not taking one this year either. 4 good picks early and there are a lot to choose from that would instantly upgrade our team.I can't sit through another year of Pure Maroney.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I can. As long as he can hold onto the ball, I have no problem with one year of the current group. More than one year, then I will be upset.

If we can holdout for one year with what we have and then draft either Mark Ingram, Ryan Wiliams, or Evan Royster, then I would be pleased. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Im praying the raiders absolutely blow this year, which is likely with Russel at the helm, and that we select Cornerback Patrick Peterson next year. He has the potential to be a true shut down corner, look him up if you dont know who he is. Peterson over Ingram 10 out of 10 times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to Re: With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama:
    [QUOTE]Im praying the raiders absolutely blow this year, which is likely with Russel at the helm, and that we select Cornerback Patrick Peterson next year. He has the potential to be a true shut down corner, look him up if you dont know who he is. Peterson over Ingram 10 out of 10 times.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I would agree that Peterson is the better prospect, but if Butler improves as he should, then we do not need Peterson. That said, if we go into the 2011 draft with a strong team that has no primary needs, then take the BPA. That could be Peterson, but I imagine we will have needs, most likely RB and WR. 

The 2011 draft has some elite level players at the top such as Peterson and A.J. Green, and I cannot wait until draft day. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama:
    [QUOTE]With Oaklands #1 pick the Pats take Mark Ingram, RB, of the University of Alabama. Wouldnt thsat be sweet. Which is why I dont think he will take a RB early this year. Thoughts?
    Posted by timsandra[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too sure their is even going to be a draft in 2011, as far as it looks right now. Their is a strike at the end of the current season, and i don't think teams will draft while players are on strike.  It may sound ridiculous, and many of you are telling yourselfs that everything will work out before then, but if you read the articles of what the disputes are about this time. Their is a huge difference on rookie salaries and veteran salaries. stay tuned...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

rpn, actually the draft goes on even if there is a strike.  That has already been decided. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

[QUOTE]rpn, actually the draft goes on even if there is a strike.  That has already been decided. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I did not know that. Would junior players still want to declare???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

won't be a need to get him next year, i'm sure BB will find a late rounder that can come in and be a great RB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the #3 pick in the 2011 Draft the New England Patriots select.....Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama : Interesting. I did not know that. Would junior players still want to declare???
    Posted by Supernova13[/QUOTE]

I am sure some would to avoid the risk of injury. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I would prefer if we draft Gerhart from Stanford. Tremendous N-S runner in the mould of Bettis. Power backs are rare in NFL now, and every RB is in the mould of CJ (Cj Sp, Best), who can run like heck but not too good in breaking tackles. Toby would bring a smash mouth running game that we lack.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Why are you talking about next years draft? The 2010 draft, possibly the most important draft in franchise history, is happening in a few days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

STL, TB, and KC i think will be worst than oakland next year.  DET, CLE and BUF are also huge possibilities of bein worst than the raiders.  they did beat 3 playoff teams last season...i doubt we'll have a top 3 or even top 5 pick...but it should still be top 10

pats should trade for morrison.  Not only will he help our d up the middle tremendously but itll hurt OAK.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'd like to think that the Pats will try to resolve the RB position this year, but if it's still a problem then Ingram would be nice.

I'd like to see the Pats get Jahvid Best this year, though, especially because he might slide down in the draft due to concussion problems.  They have a dentist who makes incredible mouthpieces that minimalize concussions by lining up players' jaws with the two small discs of cartilage that it's supposed to be lined up with in the first place (which I HIGHLY recommend for any parents of young football players - the guy is Dr. Gerald Maher and the last I knew he practiced in Weymouth ... I wish I had found him before the concussions I had in high school... also, don't ever pop your jaw for fun).

Anyhow, Jahvid Best is one of the best running backs in the draft.  He can allegedly catch out of the backfield (although his college stats don't really show this) and he's supposedly better between the tackles than C.J. Spiller.

If I were the Patriots, I wouldn't want to waste another year of Brady's prime without answers at RB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My heart says that the #3 pick may be reasonable.  This will be the year that last year's first round pick should have blossomed, but Al Davis picked a real head-scratcher last year.  No help there.  Davis grossly overpays two or three stars and ticks off the rest of the team.  No final solution to the fistfight problems among Oakland coaches.  Richard Seymour is ok but he did get a year older.  Oakland could beat Kansas City last year but they, and Denver, probably got tougher this year.  If Oakland were playing a fourth place schedule they'd get more bunny wins, but unfortunately they made it to a third place schedule.

My stats have Oakland as fourth from the bottom right now.  They did beat a few people sometimes. They look significantly better than St. Louis, Detroit and Seattle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

7. New England Patriots (From Oakland)
    Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    The Patriots have lacked a shutdown corner since Ty Law and Asante Samuel left, Peterson has that kind of talent.
    thats who we will take

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

7. New England Patriots (From Oakland ) Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU The Patriots have lacked a shutdown corner since Ty Law and Asante Samuel left, Peterson has that kind of talent. thats who we will take
    Posted by TateGroup

if he is available that would be a great pick as well