With the release of Loyd. Can one of the boards capoligists pls giv e us all an updated cap budget!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

With the release of Loyd. Can one of the boards capoligists pls giv e us all an updated cap budget!

I do believe that there is something pretty BIG going on...I'm not sure what, just a gut feeling

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: With the release of Loyd. Can one of the boards capoligists pls giv e us all an updated cap budget!

I was also wonder where the cap stand currently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: With the release of Loyd. Can one of the boards capoligists pls giv e us all an updated cap budget!

Who knows... I doubt anything too big is going on. Probably trying to clear room for Sanders, Abraham, and perhaps a DT and/or another CB for depth. Obviously they need a few mil in reserve for draft picks, and Lloyd may still return before tomorrow's 4 PM deadline on a cheaper contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Posted on http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/76676-patriots-salary-cap-situation/

Current Salary Cap Space (As of March 16, 1:15 p.m. ET): $12,854,201

Latest Player Added to Cap Figure: Aqib Talib

Questionable Contracts: Niko Koutouvides, Donald Jones, Adrian Wilson

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

unfortunately we don't know the terms of the Jones or Wilson contract yet (someone correct me if the numbers are out there) so it is hard to know.

But, for anyone trying to figure it out, don't forget you only count the top 51 contracts so for every new signing add $500K to the cap space because the new signings will replace the bottom contracts which are usually around $500K

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1030403-patriots-2013-salary-situation-breaking-down-new-englands-current-cap-status

$15million

Good info Eng, it looks like  maybe 12-15 million. (Best guess)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Who knows... I doubt anything too big is going on. Probably trying to clear room for Sanders, Abraham, and perhaps a DT and/or another CB for depth. Obviously they need a few mil in reserve for draft picks, and Lloyd may still return before tomorrow's 4 PM deadline on a cheaper contract.

My rough guess is that we are still sitting on 18/21 mil in space. And we could prob clear another 2 or 3 without much of a problem. The way I see it...they NEED an IMPACT d tackle who can get some preasure up the middle, an ELITE edge rusher ( Dumervile) and a wr who can get the respect of defenses to open up the underneath stuff for the other guys and Brady. Abraham was great and would be a good locker room guy, but....nah. The kid from Denver IMO is the guy they are going after...makes the most sense. They ll sign sanders, do the trade with Clev for Mallett and hope they hit it in the Draft with a wideout...we ll see I guess

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

If it is 12million (worst case scenario):

4 million for rookies ( may be less with less picks 2-3 million)

4-5 million for Vollmer

1.5 for Abraham ??

1.5 for Sanders??

I really think it is 15 with LLoyd release

Have no idea, but we don't sign Vollmer for more than 5 million cap hit this year, any ideas?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

4-5 million for Vollmer

1.5 for Abraham ??

1.5 for Sanders??

Have no idea, but we don't sign Vollmer for more than 5 million cap hit this year, any ideas?

I like 7 m cap hit for Dumervil better. Pass on "bad back" Volmer, and J.A.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

unfortunately we don't know the terms of the Jones or Wilson contract yet (someone correct me if the numbers are out there) so it is hard to know.

But, for anyone trying to figure it out, don't forget you only count the top 51 contracts so for every new signing add $500K to the cap space because the new signings will replace the bottom contracts which are usually around $500K

Eng, you only count the top 51 through the preseason, but once the regular season starts, every signed player counts against the cap.  The top 51 rule was created to give teams the ability to sign those big offseason rosters of 80 or 90 players.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

4-5 million for Vollmer

1.5 for Abraham ??

1.5 for Sanders??

Unfortunately, Vollmer ain't gonna come that cheap.  My best bet is that he gets 7M minimum.  I would love to have him back but am skeptical with that cap hit.  I still think Cannon can fill in and do a decent job in Vollmer's absense and we'll see a few OL picked in the draft, Scar will develop them, and they will be starting in a year or two.  It's a wonderful cycle we witness here in NE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

4-5 million for Vollmer

1.5 for Abraham ??

1.5 for Sanders??

Unfortunately, Vollmer ain't gonna come that cheap.  My best bet is that he gets 7M minimum.  I would love to have him back but am skeptical with that cap hit.  I still think Cannon can fill in and do a decent job in Vollmer's absense and we'll see a few OL picked in the draft, Scar will develop them, and they will be starting in a year or two.  It's a wonderful cycle we witness here in NE.

Agree 100 percent. We need an edge rusher. Dumervil is the guy they are targeting as we speak IMO...he would pull it together on D with the additions in the secondary. If the Mallett trade with Clev comes through LOOK OUT....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Agree, Sanders Coming Aboard............................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Checking Miquel's Pats Cap page:

NE was 19.3 million under the cap, including Talib, not counting Wilson, Washington and Jones contracts

We know now  Wilson and  Jones are about 1.2 million cap hit each.

Therefore, we are at about 16.9 million under the cap.

Does anyone have Wilson's contract numbers?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

My rough guess is that we are still sitting on 18/21 mil in space. And we could prob clear another 2 or 3 without much of a problem. The way I see it...they NEED an IMPACT d tackle who can get some preasure up the middle, an ELITE edge rusher ( Dumervile) and a wr who can get the respect of defenses to open up the underneath stuff for the other guys and Brady. Abraham was great and would be a good locker room guy, but....nah. The kid from Denver IMO is the guy they are going after...makes the most sense. They ll sign sanders, do the trade with Clev for Mallett and hope they hit it in the Draft with a wideout...we ll see I guess

You crazy? They haven't even come close to spending to the cap in three years...you think they're going to sign Dumervil? That will cost 8 million right now, and if they do a contract for Sanders I imagine that will be in the 4.5 million range. I can't see the Dumervil thing happening - of course it could be done (easily) but it may take a restructuring to land all those guys and a right tackle.

I'd do this...sign Dumervil, sign Sanders, sign a lower priced right tackle, try to resign Lloyd or another guy for 1-2 million, draft a defensive tackle with our first pick, draft a corner with our second and then try to find the best available guard. Edelman is a option now that Lloyd is gone too.

More than likely we will get Abraham, Edelman, Sanders, and Vollmer on a one year deal. That should leave somewhere around 5 million, which they won't spend. One of these two older guys (Wilson or Abraham) will retire before the end of camp - their spots will be filled with a cheap undrafted body or 3rd tier free agent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to makonikyman's comment:

You crazy? They haven't even come close to spending to the cap in three years...you think they're going to sign Dumervil? That will cost 8 million right now, and if they do a contract for Sanders I imagine that will be in the 4.5 million range. I can't see the Dumervil thing happening - of course it could be done (easily) but it may take a restructuring to land all those guys and a right tackle.

I'd do this...sign Dumervil, sign Sanders, sign a lower priced right tackle, try to resign Lloyd or another guy for 1-2 million, draft a defensive tackle with our first pick, draft a corner with our second and then try to find the best available guard. Edelman is a option now that Lloyd is gone too.

More than likely we will get Abraham, Edelman, Sanders, and Vollmer on a one year deal. That should leave somewhere around 5 million, which they won't spend. One of these two older guys (Wilson or Abraham) will retire before the end of camp - their spots will be filled with a cheap undrafted body or 3rd tier free agent.

Yeah....I'm crazy mr no it all....just like you know, or say,there "more than likely" situation is. My speculation is no more your speculation. So....cut me some slack, and respect my opinion. Or.....if you wanna be a tough guy, like you try to be to everybody else on this board, then we can deal with that also in a way that you prob wouldn't like. So chill mr tough guy .....relax....and let's have a good debate without calling people out. I don't think that you  wanna call me  out my friend....serenity is the key. Unless of course...I misread you and you were being sarcastic...if that is the case, then I apoligize 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My source shows the Pats are sitting at $106.2 million as of now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Miguel@PatsCap.Com @patscap

My guesstimate is that the Pats are under their adjusted cap number by $17.8 million before accounting for Arrington and Wilson.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

. Agree if this means no one knows for sure.  I have seen forums where they have calculated as low as 6 million.  I give up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Miguel@PatsCap.Com ‏@patscap

My guesstimate is that the Pats are under their adjusted cap number by $17.8 million before accounting for Arrington and Wilson.

That is the latest I could find. ... if that helps in trying to guess from that point forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm going by this, the site has always been reliable!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Eng, you only count the top 51 through the preseason, but once the regular season starts, every signed player counts against the cap.  The top 51 rule was created to give teams the ability to sign those big offseason rosters of 80 or 90 players.  

true but we are in the preseason right now so no need to worry about it. I'm sure a couple of guys they signed will get cut, always happens, and it will take care of itself when they need to get up to 53

Sections
Shortcuts