With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.

our offense this year will be as accomplished as the o line allows them to be (we seem set everywhere else) and as  mcdaniels playcallng allows them to be. bad playcalling, game mgt, gameplan will
    give a game away (like last yr sb).

the defense will be as successful i believe as the cb's play (we're set everywhere else on d it seems).

i saw 3 weaknesses to our team going into camp
        O line
        one starting  cb short
        kick returner

and a little depth for wilfork.

now that we got demps,
    if vollmer is indeed back healthy
     mankins knee holds up
    and waters comes in.

then in next offseason/draft wed just need 1 starting cb
    and shoring up some positions with young guys for the future:
    at dt, o line, wr.

really wish wed made a play for finnegan in the offseason. tough dude and plays the monster wr's well.

arrington isnt a starting cb, though he has been put there in practice
    mccourty has to prove he isnt teh worst cb in the league as he was last year.
    dowling looks good when he stays healthy.

based on last year, moore was our 2nd best cb.

so if these guys overperform we'll be ok.
    otherwise we still have issues at a critical position.

you gotta be able to cover man some in this league or good qbs will pick your bones and drive down field. waste a lot of clock even if you hold them to a field goal.

lets get em!
    keep brady upright and it should be a banner year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.

So if a third TE makes the roster and Demps makes it as well, and if Ebner continues to impress, who gets cut? Or I might rephrase, which Patriots rejects will be starting for the Jets and Dolphins?

If I had to bet, Bolden and Branch would be gone today (Bolden on the PS if he clears) as would Koppen and a safety like Barrett or Brown. 

What if Shiancoe gets healthy? is he a better fit than Fells? Do any FBs make it? Dennard?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I really think you have to look at the safety spot and say...they will be better there, because it can't possibly be worse. I imagine this should help the entire defense. At first I was concerned about losing Carter and Anderson, but Jones looks like he will replace some of that production and maybe guys like Scott or Buquette will supplement what was a incomplete player in Anderson.

I'm going to try not to worry about the offensive line just yet (although a bad line can ruin a season). And I've got to admit I'm a little concerned that Fenene has missed most of camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to "Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.": [QUOTE]Well I really think you have to look at the safety spot and say...they will be better there, because it can't possibly be worse. I imagine this should help the entire defense. At first I was concerned about losing Carter and Anderson, but Jones looks like he will replace some of that production and maybe guys like Scott or Buquette will supplement what was a incomplete player in Anderson. I'm going to try not to worry about the offensive line just yet (although a bad line can ruin a season). And I've got to admit I'm a little concerned that Fenene has missed most of camp. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] Totally agree!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Y,ou never know what the season might bring,but it is a fairly safe conclusion to believe the Patriots will win their division and quite possibly the AFC,as for indivigual players making impacts for this team Ebner,Jones,Hightower,and maybe even the latest addition silver medalist himself Jeff Demps are all viable possibilities as contributors to a Championship run...Gregory,Fanene,Scott,Allen,Cole,Larsen,Lloyd,Gaffney,Stallworth,Fells,Shiancoe,and all of the numerous guys who have waded in and out of camp, and guys who may yet still arrive are the guys who can make or brake the team.BB has left no leaf unturned and his capable scouts are constantly looking for various pieces to the puzzle.This is why the Patriots are the top of the Class as far as organizations are concerned,they continue to look for that last gem even after they have assembled a darn good football team....Hoisting number 4 would be sweet!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is this a sure thing? Reiss is acting like it is, he's usually pretty reliable but I'm still not gonna get too excited until I see them out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.:
    [QUOTE]Is this a sure thing? Reiss is acting like it is, he's usually pretty reliable but I'm still not gonna get too excited until I see them out there.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Yes it is...

Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer (back) has been activated from the camp/PUP list and will resume practicing.

Vollmer underwent offseason ankle and back surgeries. It was the latter operation shelving him for all of OTA season and the first three weeks of training camp. Vollmer, who's in a contract year, could increase his 2013 market value with a healthy campaign. He's made 16 starts just once through three seasons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set. : Yes it is... Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer (back) has been activated from the camp/PUP list and will resume practicing. Vollmer underwent offseason ankle and back surgeries. It was the latter operation shelving him for all of OTA season and the first three weeks of training camp. Vollmer, who's in a contract year, could increase his 2013 market value with a healthy campaign. He's made 16 starts just once through three seasons. Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE] Its all coming together!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Well I really think you have to look at the safety spot and say...they will be better there, because it can't possibly be worse. I imagine this should help the entire defense. At first I was concerned about losing Carter and Anderson, but Jones looks like he will replace some of that production and maybe guys like Scott or Buquette will supplement what was a incomplete player in Anderson. I'm going to try not to worry about the offensive line just yet (although a bad line can ruin a season). And I've got to admit I'm a little concerned that Fenene has missed most of camp.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Well I really think you have to look at the safety spot and say...they will be better there, because it can't possibly be worse.

i think we are a lot better with safety-why i didnt mention it.

I imagine this should help the entire defense. At first I was concerned about losing Carter and Anderson, but Jones looks like he will replace some of that production and maybe guys like Scott or Buquette will supplement what was a incomplete player in Anderson.

scott and bequette showed agisnt backups. if they can perform against starters, bb may not bring carte back. if the need is ther and carter is healthy, we'll have to pony up what he wants.

I'm going to try not to worry about the offensive line just yet (although a bad line can ruin a season). And I've got to admit I'm a little concerned that Fenene has missed most of camp.

ditto on o line.
    dotn knwo how serious fanene is, but obviously something is wrong there. temporarry who knows

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set.": Its all coming together!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]So if a third TE makes the roster and Demps makes it as well, and if Ebner continues to impress, who gets cut? Or I might rephrase, which Patriots rejects will be starting for the Jets and Dolphins? If I had to bet, Bolden and Branch would be gone today (Bolden on the PS if he clears) as would Koppen and a safety like Barrett or Brown.  What if Shiancoe gets healthy? is he a better fit than Fells? Do any FBs make it? Dennard?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Thats right, it's a tough one, BB will have some decisions to make here but who better. Some of these guys probably will be starting for the Jets and Dolphins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Get Brian Waters in here, and we're good.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

Yup, I think that the fact that it's been quiet is actually a good sign, as in BB had an agreement with him to sit out camp and come back right before the season starts. I don't think camp would help a vet like him that much anyways, especially for a guy his age and who contemplated retirement a couple of times. I'd rather still have Matt Light too but the line will be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set. : Yup, I think that the fact that it's been quiet is actually a good sign, as in BB had an agreement with him to sit out camp and come back right before the season starts. I don't think camp would help a vet like him that much anyways, especially for a guy his age and who contemplated retirement a couple of times. I'd rather still have Matt Light too but the line will be fine.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Yup, I think that the fact that it's been quiet is actually a good sign, as in BB had an agreement with him to sit out camp and come back right before the season starts. I don't think camp would help a vet like him that much anyways, especially for a guy his age and who contemplated retirement a couple of times.

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Vollmer and Mankins were PUP, they weren't injured. They were recovering, since both are OL and not skill position players I'm not worried about them. The chance of the reagrivating their injuries is slim. 

I knew they would activate Vollmer soon, they need to see what he's capable of in preseason game 3. Waters will be in camp for week 1, he's a RG so I'm not worried about him getting in rythm. 

From what I hear, the defense is playing nasty. It's going to be tough to beat these New England Patriots assuming they all stay healthy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm sure this is the case with Waters.  If he was gonna retire he would have done it by now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure this is the case with Waters.  If he was gonna retire he would have done it by now.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

I was never worried about the OL, Waters skipped camp and didn't sign with the Pats until september 4 last season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Funny how Belichick and Pioli started to rebuild the Patriots by signing other players who had just been released after training camp. Now the Patriots are one of the teams that has a surplus of talent and the Patriots will lose atleast a couple of prospects or talented players to other teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure this is the case with Waters.  If he was gonna retire he would have done it by now.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

No doubt, no reason to wait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Is this a sure thing? Reiss is acting like it is, he's usually pretty reliable but I'm still not gonna get too excited until I see them out there.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Although it is reassuring to hear the pieces are starting to fall into place we all know there are no sure things. More likely, as soon as you start to believe "it is coming all together" you start to fall apart. Progressing, overcoming adversity whether it is inside us or outside us, going forward in every aspect of life, serving and contributing to others welfare are the important things.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]Get Brian Waters in here, and we're good.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

That's the one last thing I'd like to see happen here soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'm just sooo f*cking excited about the upcoming season. I think they're loaded at almost every single position. Very important that Mankins and Seabass have returned - and hopefully Waters in the near future.

Good depth behind the starters, and the best position coach in the league, what's not to like? 

I must admit that I've been somewhat concerned about the Oline through the offseason, but I'm starting to cheer up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Who cares, we still need another great WR and 2 more Pass rushers 2 win the SB, untill then, will never win 1 again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With Vollmer and Fells coming back, This Team is Set. : Although it is reassuring to hear the pieces are starting to fall into place we all know there are no sure things. More likely, as soon as you start to believe "it is coming all together" you start to fall apart. Progressing, overcoming adversity whether it is inside us or outside us, going forward in every aspect of life, serving and contributing to others welfare are the important things.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

"Progressing, overcoming adversity whether it is inside us or outside us, going forward in every aspect of life, serving and contributing to others welfare are the important things."

damn just when you think things are a bit superficial and dark here you come in and add some humanity. thanks for reminding and reflecting back to us some good words to live by and what's important in life. awesome. 
    have a great day.

Sections
Shortcuts