Woodhead 2.0??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Woodhead 2.0??

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/27/patriots-release-rb-cierre-wood-sign-rbwr-sam-mcguffie-to-practice-squad/

Check out the video

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Woodhead 2.0??

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/27/patriots-release-rb-cierre-wood-sign-rbwr-sam-mcguffie-to-practice-squad/

Check out the video

[/QUOTE]

Very interesting, the guy ran a 4.3 at the Rice pro day, had incredible agility drill times, 42" vertical leap (!) and strong pressing 26 times... this guy could very well be another Woodhead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I like the move.

I was never sold on Wood.   I thought he was the product of a very good line at ND.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Let's not get too excited here.  Woodhead was the all time leading rusher in college football over all levels and is one of only 2 players with over 7,000 yards in a college career.  He also set the single season rushing records between all divisions with 2,756 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3051838

Woodhead has a career 4.6 yard average in the pros, Sam McGuffie never posted an average over 4.5 yards in college as a rusher in any year.  Woodhead also has as many reception yards in the pros this year as as a running back as McGuffie had as a slot reciever in college, but Woodhead also has 500 yards of rushing on top of the 600 recieving yards.  Woodhead is light years ahead of this dude, so I wouldn't go calling him the 2.0 version besides the size comparison.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He definitely got some Woodhead in him. Like the way he runs. We'll see. Thanks for Video.

Test tes........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I saw this highlight video earlier today and thought the same thing. He is very quick and strong for his size. He looked pretty close to Woodhead in the highlights. He is a slightly bigger version, and looks to have more breakaway speed. He may make a good kick returner, but don't know how much more he could offer this late in the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Would've been shocked if he was black since you labled him Woodhead 2.0.

Ever notice that people never a player is similar to another player of a different race? I mean, Sproles and Woodhead are similar players, but no one ever says that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Woodhead, Edelman and Amendola were all dubbed Welker 2.0 when they got here, even though none of their games are Welker-ish in except for the fact that they're all undersized, white guys who play the Slot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ever notice that people never a player is similar to another player of a different race? I mean, Sproles and Woodhead are similar players, but no one ever says that.

[/QUOTE]

I called him a poor man's Sproles last year. Poor man because he's not quite the player Sproles is, but his game is similar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I called him a poor man's Sproles last year. Poor man because he's not quite the player Sproles is, but his game is similar.

[/QUOTE]

It's just weird, i never understood why.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

From the WEEI

"After two seasons as a running back at Rice, he made a successful transition from running back to slot receiver as a senior in 2012 and finished with 54 receptions for 603 yards and five touchdowns."

Sounds like he has good hands. And a smart guy when he went to school in Michigan and Rice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not get too excited here.  Woodhead was the all time leading rusher in college football over all levels and is one of only 2 players with over 7,000 yards in a college career.  He also set the single season rushing records between all divisions with 2,756 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3051838

Woodhead has a career 4.6 yard average in the pros, Sam McGuffie never posted an average over 4.5 yards in college as a rusher in any year.  Woodhead also has as many reception yards in the pros this year as as a running back as McGuffie had as a slot reciever in college, but Woodhead also has 500 yards of rushing on top of the 600 recieving yards.  Woodhead is light years ahead of this dude, so I wouldn't go calling him the 2.0 version besides the size comparison.

[/QUOTE]

Woodhead exclusively played runningback in college and he played division 2 at Chadron State.  McGruff switched positions mid stream in college and was a playmaker at both positions, moreover he played division 1 ball.

Woodhead didn't make the switch to slot receiver until he turned pro when the Jests tried him there, BB brought him to the Patriots and moved him back to RB.  I would not be surprised if BB tried this kid out everywhere and anywhere on the field, he is also insurance behind Vereen.  

I never get too excited, but thinking the guy who discovered Woodhead languishing on some practice squad might find another isn't too far of a stretch, and this kid has great measurables besides being bigger than Woody.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Speaking of Vereen is he good to go this week?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Have to think this is with an eye towards next year and with his speed and hands, KR and PR could be in his future, with Edelman seemingly out of reach financially

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

It's just weird, i never understood why.

[/QUOTE]

You never understood why people would look at a white guy and say he's like another white guy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Hurdling defenders during a game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyki-tSP1yE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to think this is with an eye towards next year and with his speed and hands, KR and PR could be in his future, with Edelman seemingly out of reach financially

[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone so sure Edleman is out of reach financially? How much does everyone here think he's worth? This is his first healthy season, he plays with Brady which means he gets alot of accurate passes thrown his way and this is really his first year where he has shown he can catch the ball down the field while being covered. I love his performance this year but I don't see him making 8 mil a season or maybe I have completely misread the market.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about, Woodhead has been called a poormans Sporels since he has been on the Pats.

I heard Bess compared to Welker a couple times by Phin fans.

I've heard Russell Wilson compared to Steve Young.

there have been plenty of cross race comparisons when the comparison is there to make. But, usually due to position and athletic ability the comparisons aren't there to actually make. Lets face it most white RB's are usually more like north south FB type runners. Woodhead's more the exception than the rule. As with QB's most black QB's are more scrambling and running style QB's and lets face it there aren't a ton of great scrambling running type of white QB's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone so sure Edleman is out of reach financially? How much does everyone here think he's worth? This is his first healthy season, he plays with Brady which means he gets alot of accurate passes thrown his way and this is really his first year where he has shown he can catch the ball down the field while being covered. I love his performance this year but I don't see him making 8 mil a season or maybe I have completely misread the market.

[/QUOTE]

I would say the price starts with a very similar player signed last offseason who also only had one healthy season in Amendola. If his price tag starts there I'm not convinced the Pats can or should sign him to that amount. Exactly for the same reason I didn't want to sign Amendola for that price. Too much money for a player who's been injured more often than healthy for a single season of production.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It's not the numbers that define Woodhead, it's his heart.

Sections
Shortcuts