Woodhead - The Perfect Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Woodhead - The Perfect Patriot

In the Pats first game when Kevin Faulk went down, there was a collective  gasp or a sinking feeling amongst Pats fans. And rightfully so, we were losing a key part of our offense. Simply put, Faulk did it all - he made big runs, great catches, got big first-downs, etc. Furthermore on 3rd-downs, he was Tom Brady's security-blanket, Brady always knew where he was and Faulk always had his back on blitzing line-backers. Naturally, it seemed like this was a huge loss, but during that week the Pats picked up this guy named Danny Woodhead and the rest is history.

First and Foremost it's not fair to bring up this guy's size anymore, why? Because he is such an excellent all-around player. What he has done this year is remarkable. He had over a 100 yards receiving last night, whom the Jets had no answer for. If one projected his numbers over a full-season he would get over 1100 total-yards, with half of his production from running and the other half through the air. Simply put, that is one productive football player. In short, not only has he replaced Kevin Faulk's production, but he actually has more speed and big-play capability.

In addition to Woodhead being a great running-back, he's also been making tackles on special teams. Actually when the Pats first picked him up, what analysts told us was,"he might help them on special-teams." As we all know, he has been so much more than that. 

After the game last night, Woodhead proclaimed, "I'm a New England Patriot now," you sure are BIG MAN.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Woodhead - The Perfect Patriot

It seems only BB can find these hidden gems and turn them into a star.  Welker, Woodhead, and there's many more.  I loved watching Woodhead play last night against his former team.  There was a big play, can't remember if it was one of his big gains or after he made the tackle on special teams where he got up and started walking to the Jets bench and just looked at them.  Classic moment!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats got a heck of a player without a doubt....I still see the Pats drafting another RB next year to groom, probably in the 3rd or 4th round...
    I really hope they get BJGE locked up long term too, the guy just keeps moving the ball forward ALL the time....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead - The Perfect Patriot:
    It seems only BB can find these hidden gems and turn them into a star.  Welker, Woodhead, and there's many more.  I loved watching Woodhead play last night against his former team.  There was a big play, can't remember if it was one of his big gains or after he made the tackle on special teams where he got up and started walking to the Jets bench and just looked at them.  Classic moment!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

The interview with Woodwead was very refreshing and great to hear, especially nowadays when we hear so many athletes cry Me Me Me, and put themselves ahead of the team. This is one reason why BB is such a great coach in that he won't put up with todays cry baby athletes.

Branch is another reclamation project turned positive in New England. He was going no where in Seattle, comes here and is one of TB's prime recievers. Great job BB. 

As of yesterday, the BB-Brady Coaching QB duo combination is now second on the all time wins list, and by early to mid-next season they'll be #1.  

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts