Woodhead to SD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Woodhead to SD

Gotta love Woodhead!  Loved his story.  Small guy...small school.  Heart of a champion! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

"There's a part of me that's sad," said Chris Gittings, who represents Woodhead. "We'll have lifetime memories of the time in New England. He felt a special relationship with the fans. He loved them, and he knew they loved him. He was very appreciative of the opportunity the Patriots gave him."

Woody has always been a class act.  Like most of you here, he was one of my favorite Patriots, but it's the nature of the business.  Vereen gets more looks, Washington, and hopefully Demps will all make up for Woody's lost production.  I'm so excited to see this new offense.

Now, go get Abraham and Wilson.  I have a gut feeling both of these signings will happen today, and tomorrow at the latest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Danny

You were the greatest! Rip it up in SD!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Brian Lowe         Brian Lowe @_BLowe

Where do Danny Woodhead's 1,204 rush yards rank on the Pats' all-time list? 25th, just behind Robert Perryman, ahead of Vagas Ferguson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Woodhead bolts Pats for Bolts on 2-year deal

Chargers agreed to terms with RB Danny Woodhead, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year contract.

New England's passing-down and hurry-up back the past three seasons, Woodhead is likely bolting for a similar role in San Diego, where he'll be a big upgrade on Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle. Woodhead's departure should mean the Pats trust Shane Vereen as his replacement. While not exactly a rugged runner, Woodhead has averaged 4.8 yards on 265 career carries, and is coming off a 40-catch campaign. He'll remain on the PPR radar. His signing is not good fantasy news for Ryan Mathews, who won't get a chance to establish himself on third downs. Mathews touched the ball just five times on third down in 2012.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Props and best wishes to the little big man!!!  Go Woody!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Good luck Danny, we'll miss you. You were a favorite, a real football player.

Anyone know if Washington is taking #39? I crossed Maroney off my 39 jersey, now I have to cross off Woodhead. I might have just enough room for Washington.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

One last post for Woodhead!! 

Danny Woodhead!

Always enjoyed watching this little guy play like a big guy!

Good luck to Danny Woodhead in SD!

I loathe the patriots with the fiery passion of a thousand suns but this picture is just way too awesome. Bravo

Just a thousand suns?   Well that makes you only a band wagon hater.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

For those who never saw it ... here's Danny going unrecognized at Modell's as he tries to sell his own gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEhEFBu-C4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Danny never got any love from the fans.  All the guy did was make plays for us; often times a key play.  If everyone on offense played with his heart we'd be SB champs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

His heart and Rudy-like underdog style will be missed. What won't be missed is him subbing in the middle of drives for Benny/Rid when they were rolling. It was obvious was Danny was in there that we were going to spread em out and chuck it. Against physical defenses we would get completely shut down. Love Vereen much more for this role. You can give Shane the ball out of traditional run sets as well, not just shotgun draws.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Soon as Washington came on board Woodhead was done here. Hopefully this means more Vereen.

how i saw it. imporved a position

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Danny never got any love from the fans.  All the guy did was make plays for us; often times a key play.  If everyone on offense played with his heart we'd be SB champs.

he got mine.

and agreed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

"There's a part of me that's sad," said Chris Gittings, who represents Woodhead. "We'll have lifetime memories of the time in New England. He felt a special relationship with the fans. He loved them, and he knew they loved him. He was very appreciative of the opportunity the Patriots gave him."

Woody has always been a class act.  Like most of you here, he was one of my favorite Patriots, but it's the nature of the business.  Vereen gets more looks, Washington, and hopefully Demps will all make up for Woody's lost production.  I'm so excited to see this new offense.

Now, go get Abraham and Wilson.  I have a gut feeling both of these signings will happen today, and tomorrow at the latest.

exactly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Wowww another one of brady BEST FRIENDS is out...

Love this guy, he played a great SB 2 years a go... great story.

wish him thebest

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good luck Danny.

Sections
Shortcuts