Woodhead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Woodhead...

Is going to be renamed vegetable head with another hit like that. This concerns me because he had a concussion late last year if you recall.
    Why was he even out there so late in the game on special teams?? Is he not a lock to make the team as an RB?
    We got plenty of young guys on our team to play ST in garbage time, i would rather he was used in the offense only.

I'll be surprised if he practices this week, multiple concussions are very bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: Woodhead...

He'll be fine but he probably won't practice next week. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Reports from Reiss was that he was walking around the locker room and seemed Okay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazything0001. Show crazything0001's posts

BB said he was ok.

BJGE also gave a positive comment about woodhead in his quick interview with patriots.com radio.

I think he should be ready for the start of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Im shocked that they didnt put a little something something together for #2 in response for that hit. Put a linebacker out there to clean his clock a few plays later...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

no.  He's NOT a lock.  At all.
    Like him as a player, but I can see this happening all year long.

All due respect, don't spend all your money, you have a kid to raise...

And YES, I am a fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead...:
    [QUOTE]no.  He's NOT a lock.  At all. Like him as a player, but I can see this happening all year long. All due respect, don't spend all your money, you have a kid to raise... And YES, I am a fan.
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]

Woodhead not a lock ?
    The guy avg'd 5.6 a carry last season and his contract was extended last year for an amazing reasonable cap number...
    Sorry 'crybaby but I must nominate u for dooooshbag comment of the week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woodhead... :  Woodhead not a lock ? The guy avg'd 5.6 a carry last season and his contract was extended last year for an amazing reasonable cap number... Sorry 'crybaby but I must nominate u for dooooshbag comment of the week.
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

ya you should see all the other posts hes spammed everywhere

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

ALSO ...
     I know its BB's way to have starters play major roles on Special Teams but with 6 mins left to go ... probably unwise to have key contributors out there playing with knuckleheaded scrubs like #2 Devin Holland .
     ( I noticed BB was visibly upset after the cheap shot and was chewin the ear of the closest official )
      I thought Arrington should have been pulled earlier too ...might end up being our starting CB if Bodden is going continue to play the star slot role.

I understand BB's way has a track record that speaks for itself ( and guys can blow out their acl's even in practice ) but man seeing starters out there late in games scares me....juz sayin'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]no.  He's NOT a lock.  At all. Like him as a player, but I can see this happening all year long. All due respect, don't spend all your money, you have a kid to raise... And YES, I am a fan.

Huh?  Woodhead is a lock.  He makes something happen almost every time he touches the ball and he'll be a key contributor in what is looking like a very dynamic/productive running back by committee. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What does Woodhead being a lock or not have to do with this sort of thing happening all year?
    Woodhead is a lock. Mark it down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woodhead... : What does Woodhead being a lock or not have to do with this sort of thing happening all year? Woodhead is a lock. Mark it down.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

NO doubts about it, Woody will be back of course with the Pats!  He is a solid lock on this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

crybabies is just a Jets fan praying Woodhead would get cut so the Jets can pick him back up again.

But I hope Woodhead will be fine. He talked to a reporter after the game and said he was fine so I hope they wouldn't let him talk to anyone if he wasn't. But, more to the point in a pre-season game there is no reason why he was on punt converage in the 4th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

A very cheap shot. Didn't even draw a flag...Yell

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Somewhere Rodney Harrison was heard whistling and saying, I used to hit like that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Killa,

I agree he is small but its kind of unfair he did not draw the penalty. Would be no differnence if he was a DB and when to tackle  a QB with his shoulders squared , he would hit them in the knees but i'm sure he would catch a flag. I'm just saying lets have some love for the little guys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought it was a cheap shot, but legal.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's done for the preseason. He may seem fine, but he won't be allowed to take the concussion test for another week and seeing as how he seemed okay to me, he'll pass it, but no way BB dresses him for game 4. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

guys like Woody and Welker tend to have short careers.

Odds are more likely than not that he does have a concussion. Let the dude rest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

[QUOTE]Some people thought it was a dirty hit or something. I just think that Woodhead is so small that on a block like that he is always going to get hit high. HE is just so small that the big guys cant block him or hit him with out hitting his head lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You're wrong--blows to the head of defenseless players with the helmet, shoulder or forearm is an on-field penalty, and as part of the League's Players Safety Rules may be subject to fines.  From the Rules:

Special protection against blows delivered to the head by an opponent is also provided to a receiver who has just completed a catch, a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return, and to the recipient of a "blindside" block.

I don't use the word "dirty," because I can't tell you what someone was thinking or what their intent was.  I can just tell you that the hit on Woodhead was illegal, and will most likely be fined.

You can read the policy here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c8823a/article/leagues-official-player-safety-rules

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

That was a blatant helmet to helmet hit, no doubt about it according to the new rules.  Yeah, it's football, but the ideal way of making a tackle is not to lower your shoulders/ head to make contact, but to wrap the guy up around his waist to bring him down. 
    Of course, I realize that we're talking about a block, which means he should have had his hands inside, crouched position, and ready to stop all future progress of the player he's engaged with. However, what did he do?  Lead in with the shoulders and finish the tackle with his head. 
    Now, if the league want to start cleaning up some of it's own mess, then by all rights I think they should.  But if anyone in their right mind can show me how in the hell a gunner can get his shart together after a hit like that, then they deserve to be put on IR for at least one week. 
    We play by the rules, and we were farcked when we didn't for a memo.  Start implimenting the rules that really matter to player safety and Goodell might get some respect around here.

Sections
Shortcuts