Woodhead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Woodhead...

He should not have been in there at that point in the game.

The league is gonna have to come out and say at the beginning of the regular season if you hit a guy with your helmet on hs helmet you're ejected.

I did not like seeing that crap last night on Ocho or woody

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Woodhead...:
    Is going to be renamed vegetable head with another hit like that. This concerns me because he had a concussion late last year if you recall. Why was he even out there so late in the game on special teams?? Is he not a lock to make the team as an RB? We got plenty of young guys on our team to play ST in garbage time, i would rather he was used in the offense only. I'll be surprised if he practices this week, multiple concussions are very bad.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

I'm a huge BB backer. But, having the 5'6", 185lb. Woodhead covering a punt is just plain dumb. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Everyone is saying he is ok, i hope so BUT concussions have a way of adding up. When he stood up after that bs illegal hit(which should be fined) you could see him stumble like a homeless drunk. That was clearly a head injury whether he admits it or not.

Woodhead is too damn valuable on offense to be out there on ST getting decapitated. TP is right, it was dumb having him out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The genius drafted 2 RBs high in a year FA RBs were begging for a contract. So Woodhead is not the shoo-in he might have been otherwise. Hoodie isn't going to cut either of the picks he squandered in the draft. I still think Woodhead makes the final cut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead...:
    Somewhere Rodney Harrison was heard whistling and saying, I used to hit like that. 
    Posted by UD6

Hot Rod didn't hit like that much. He was more apt to give you an elbow in the ribs in the pig pile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

My ONLY beef w/Bill is his thing about leaving valuable guys in vulnerable positions in meaningless games. Woody is a big part of our O, & a concussion to start the year is only going to linger.....BAD!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The only reason i can come up with for Woodhead being out there is that he is not a lock to make the team which is sad because he is dynamic and almost impossible to see coming out of the backfield. A unique weapon imo.
    Think about it. BJGE, Ridley, Morris, Faulk, Vereen and Woodhead, if we keep 4 which 2 are gone?

I would say Morris and Faulk or Morris and put Vereen on the PS or pup list. If Woodhead does have a concussion he could be cut, i would hate that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

crybabies is just a Jets fan praying Woodhead would get cut so the Jets can pick him back up again. But I hope Woodhead will be fine. He talked to a reporter after the game and said he was fine so I hope they wouldn't let him talk to anyone if he wasn't. But, more to the point in a pre-season game there is no reason why he was on punt converage in the 4th
    Posted by PatsEng

There is no reason Brady is on the field throwing bombs in 45 point wins late in the 4th quarter either. It is just BB's way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Woodhead covered punts last year too.  So did Morris. BB needs to know who he can rely on to cover punts late in games.  It's one way he figures out if he keeps both Woodhead and Morris or just Woodhead. Plus BB wants his players to get used to being ready to come into a game at all times.  It's part of how he gets them ready for the regular season.  There are risks, of course, but BB clearly believes the benefits outweigh the costs.  I'm not sure BB is as dumb as people think, even though I hate to see guys like Woodhead and Price hurt on late game kicking plays. There's a reason why guys seem always ready to step up when injuries happen during the regular season.  It's because BB puts guys into lots of situations so they are prepared if and when he needs them. 

You don't create great football players by putting them on the sidelines in frilly dresses and Easter bonnets. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Some people thought it was a dirty hit or something. I just think that Woodhead is so small that on a block like that he is always going to get hit high. HE is just so small that the big guys cant block him or hit him with out hitting his head lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

it was an old 70's raiders db headhunting shot and it wasnt accidental. he lined him up and went for the head. the league has said they are against this and the new rules are to prevent this. if they were consistent this would get near the max fine (if they know what they're doing). but then they likely never played football and are fining guys last year for hits to the chest. guys tha dint play making the rules a recipe for problems. textbook tackles getting fines. clueless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead... : The dude had plenty of time to lower himself and plant his shoulder pads into the body of Woodhead and would have been just as murderous of a block.  That was a blindside helmet to helmet hit, they don't get any worse then that.  It's too bad too, he could have made one terrific legal block that would have been a highlight film play for years to come.  Instead it will be a play used in all the NFL safety films, you know the ones where they say don't make idiotic blocks like this. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

"That was a blindside helmet to helmet hit, they don't get any worse then that."
    sounds like you played football too.
    very clear case
    and you are right, i havent seen one so clear as that intentional attempt to "knock his head off".
    that has never been football though a select few practiced that to try to actually knock guys out (and the league allowed it.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead... : You're wrong--blows to the head of defenseless players with the helmet, shoulder or forearm is an on-field penalty, and as part of the League's Players Safety Rules may be subject to fines.  From the Rules: Special protection against blows delivered to the head by an opponent is also provided to a receiver who has just completed a catch, a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return, and to the recipient of a "blindside" block. I don't use the word "dirty," because I can't tell you what someone was thinking or what their intent was.  I can just tell you that the hit on Woodhead was illegal, and will most likely be fined. You can read the policy here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c8823a/article/leagues-official-player-safety-rules
    Posted by USMCM1A1

"You're wrong--blows to the head of defenseless players with the helmet, shoulder or forearm is an on-field penalty"

exactly! it doesnt have to be a helmet. going after th ehead is the point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Everyone is saying he is ok, i hope so BUT concussions have a way of adding up. When he stood up after that bs illegal hit(which should be fined) you could see him stumble like a homeless drunk. That was clearly a head injury whether he admits it or not. Woodhead is too damn valuable on offense to be out there on ST getting decapitated. TP is right, it was dumb having him out there.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

ive been saying this on several threads, not st-ing top position players and unique skills guys

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Woodhead covered punts last year too.  So did Morris. BB needs to know who he can rely on to cover punts late in games.  It's one way he figures out if he keeps both Woodhead and Morris or just Woodhead. Plus BB wants his players to get used to being ready to come into a game at all times.  It's part of how he gets them ready for the regular season.  There are risks, of course, but BB clearly believes the benefits outweigh the costs.  I'm not sure BB is as dumb as people think, even though I hate to see guys like Woodhead and Price hurt on late game kicking plays. There's a reason why guys seem always ready to step up when injuries happen during the regular season.  It's because BB puts guys into lots of situations so they are prepared if and when he needs them.  You don't create great football players by putting them on the sidelines in frilly dresses and Easter bonnets. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

st are st teams, it's where  the most likelihood of injury is, thus the kickoff rule. i dont say bb is dumb, i just dont share his perspective playing starters on special teams, particularly smaller ones (under 230) and valuable ones.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead... : st are st teams, it's where  the most likelihood of injury is, thus the kickoff rule. i dont say bb is dumb, i just dont share his perspective playing starters on special teams, particularly smaller ones (under 230) and valuable ones.
    Posted by brdbreu

Maybe, but I distinctly remember a play last season when Woodhead scored a touchdown on one play and then proceeded to blow up the returner on the ensuing kick off. Everyone in the stands went wild.  Maybe Woodhead should have been on the bench during the kick off, but I didn't hear a lot of complaints at the time. 

One reason guys like Woodhead end up in punts at the end of a meaningless preseason game is simply because there only a few punts that occur during the preseason and BB wants to give guys a chance to practice in game situations. He's got to use the limited number of punts both to evaluate players and to give regulars a chance to get reaccustomed to playing at game speed. With a limited number of snaps in preseason and a lot of guys to get in the game, starters like Woodhead are going to end up in the game for fourth quarter kicks. 

You can argue that BB shouldn't use starters on kicks, but he's never gone that way.  And if he is going to use them, he's got to let them practice at least a little during the preseason. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pre seaon games are meaningless in their nature
    So what difference when in the game it is.

If the work is needed, the work is needed

We just dont want TB out there any longer than
    he needs or with scrubs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The man's name is Woodhead.  He's nearly invulnerable to concussions.  At least as close as we'll get until they sign Donny Cementhead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

guys like Woody and Welker tend to have short careers. Odds are more likely than not that he does have a concussion. Let the dude rest.
    Posted by anonymis

Welker has already played 7 seasons in the NFL. The average career is 3.5 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Woodhead... : Welker has already played 7 seasons in the NFL. The average career is 3.5 years.
    Posted by calvinator

that is so true, but you never want to see a guy barely forty showing early signs of dementia or have a continuous stream of drivel hanging from his lower to the floor because of repetitive blows to his squash. ask Ted how he's doing with his brain scrambling. they're all dispensable. pretty sad if you ask me. this is why fines levied against the perps should be much higher to discourage such blatant intentional physical assault on smallish or indefensible players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Woodhead covered punts last year too.  So did Morris. BB needs to know who he can rely on to cover punts late in games.  It's one way he figures out if he keeps both Woodhead and Morris or just Woodhead. Plus BB wants his players to get used to being ready to come into a game at all times.  It's part of how he gets them ready for the regular season.  There are risks, of course, but BB clearly believes the benefits outweigh the costs.  I'm not sure BB is as dumb as people think, even though I hate to see guys like Woodhead and Price hurt on late game kicking plays. There's a reason why guys seem always ready to step up when injuries happen during the regular season.  It's because BB puts guys into lots of situations so they are prepared if and when he needs them.  You don't create great football players by putting them on the sidelines in frilly dresses and Easter bonnets. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I hear what you are saying, i know how BB operates but wasn't there someone better to evaluate on ST? All those on the bubble rookies maybe? BB already knew what Woodhead could do from covering punts last year. I don't think BB is dumb at all but he does take unnessesary risks with key players i.e playing a midget 185 lber with a concussion history on ST in garbage time.

Maybe I rate Woodhead too highly and BB has him rated as on the bubble, then playing him on ST in garbage time would make more sense to me if that were the case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Belichick plays them all...that could happen at any time

check out this cool site 60maxpowero.com great Pats stuff

Sections
Shortcuts