Woould you take MOSS back??

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

Re: Woould you take MOSS back??

Take him back, provided that he is not a negative force in the locker room.  No one has any evidence that he was a negative influence, it's all speculation.  He probably did complain about his contract and did complain that he wasn't getting any balls thrown at him, but after the pledge of alligence to the Patriots, maybe he realizes what he is now??  They can get him back cheaper, get a 3rd round pick out of him, and get him back wanting to prove himself.  If he is negative in any way, cut him.  Then he is done in the NFL.  As far as waivers go, how can you be another team and expect him to perform for you?  Didn't they see that postgame interview?  That would be crazy!!! I don't think money is the issue here. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Moss has his chance to retire as a Patriot and he blew it. Time to move on, folks...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

This all sounds like a story out of the bible ..... The Prodical "WR" son runs of too greener pasture for the love of money, Then begs his father "coach "to let him come home.
    Will BB take him home with open arms ? 

Funny thing is the Pats won't even put a tender in. No point If your the last pick. Let him clear waivers and let Minni pay !

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Randy Moss's ego would not allow him to be used in a way that makes sense for this team ie., as a decoy & ocassional deep threat against specific defensive coverages.  He is looking for the big contract & there is no way he can/would allow himself to be used in such a manner.  I believe that nonsense he was spewing after the game on Sunday was just that....nonsense.  He obviously knew his time was coming to an end in Minnesata & he was laying the groundwork for a potential return to the Pats.  But I think BB is too smart to fall for it.  It is obvious Moss is a very persuasive & commanding locker room presence & the last thing you need is for Brady to be forcing balls to Randy Moss in order to assuage his (Moss's) monumental ego.  So, no I would not take Randy back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: Woould you take MOSS back??:
    [QUOTE]Take him back, provided that he is not a negative force in the locker room.  No one has any evidence that he was a negative influence, it's all speculation.  He probably did complain about his contract and did complain that he wasn't getting any balls thrown at him, but after the pledge of alligence to the Patriots, maybe he realizes what he is now??  They can get him back cheaper, get a 3rd round pick out of him, and get him back wanting to prove himself.  If he is negative in any way, cut him.  Then he is done in the NFL.  As far as waivers go, how can you be another team and expect him to perform for you?  Didn't they see that postgame interview?  That would be crazy!!! I don't think money is the issue here. 
    Posted by patrick69[/QUOTE]

Not a chance BB takes him back. Moss has been a cancer in every locker room he's ever been in. Moss is the antithesis of Patriot football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]How can you cover Tate and Moss long and Welker and the tight ends short and middle.

Posted by tnpatfan[/QUOTE]

BINGO! that and having Branch back is what would be a nice ride to the playoffs and beyond.
    listening to Moss talk and reading between the lines you can almost hear him saying how he just really screwed up saying and doing what he did. I honestly think that if BB brought him back there would be no stopping our Offense. just too many great weapons for TB. I don't know guys, but the way that randy was talking to Mr. Kraft........I don't put anything past what could possibly happen.
    just my 2 cents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]I dont buy that Wes all of a sudden cant catch a pass now that Moss is gone either.  How about they are being easy on his knee.  The problem that Wes is having is that he runs the same route every week.  Drag route across the middle where the big boys roam.  The LB's are the ones doubling him and shoving him to reroute him, but I dont see any safeties in the mix.  Moss brings the safety with him, so I dont see the connection.  Its an easy cop out for Moss supporters that w/out him nobody can get open.  I will admit there were design plays where Randy runs deep and they drag someone underneath, and I remember Hernandez taking advantage of this early, but its not the norm.  Guys are getting open, but Brady is also adjusting to throwing to guys not named Wes and Randy.  We have some time to tweek this offense in time for January.  It is built for the trenches.  For all his numbers , we all know Randy shuts it down in December when its gets cold.  He doesnt wear gloeves, he wears mits..cuz he dont plan on catching anything but a cold come December...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

No one was saying Welker can't catch the ball since moss left.  It is ALL about Matchups and a numbers game on offense and how the Pats took advantage of this when Moss was here:

A SMALL Sample: BUT here are some raw numbers:

Since Trade:
    P Harvin last 4 games with Moss:  19 receptions 287 yds. 2 tds.
    W. Welker last 3 games without Moss:  14 receptions 102 yds 0 tds.
    (with Moss earlier this season, had 3 tds in first 4 games)....

I feel if they can land moss back here, this will open up the offense again, using Moss in the numbers game again.  Taking advantage of defenses again....Who knows, but numbers are numbers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]This all sounds like a story out of the bible ..... The Prodical "WR" son runs of too greener pasture for the love of money, Then begs his father "coach "to let him come home. Will BB take him home with open arms ?  Funny thing is the Pats won't even put a tender in. No point If your the last pick. Let him clear waivers and let Minni pay !
    Posted by hoyle[/QUOTE]

They are the 32nd  team in line, so they'd neevr put a claim in anyway. If he comes to NE, Minny basically eats the salary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It would be a nice touch to get him back via FA while the vikes pay the toll and give us a 3rd round pick. Childress would have enough egg on his face to make several omelettes!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I'm a fan of Randy Moss, and I would take him back.  I understand he has personal attributes that need special attention.  If he could be one of the receivering options, he would improve the team.  I think the chances of him returning to NE are - it isn't going to happen - I just wanted to give Moss a yay on this one.