Words of wisdom from the greatest to ever play the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Words of wisdom from the greatest to ever play the game.

"It's hard to dig yourself out of those things" Brady said during his weekly appearance on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan program.  "You'll get away with them once in a while, but on a consistent basis it's hard to keep getting down like we get down and come back and win."

Translation: Make some stops D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Words of wisdom from the greatest to ever play the game.

I think he is more likely referring to the offenses performance in the first quarter the past two weeks. He long since realized to expect the defense to struggle early on. They weathered the storm yesterday but failed against the 49ers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he is more likely referring to the offenses performance in the first quarter the past two weeks. He long since realized to expect the defense to struggle early on. They weathered the storm yesterday but failed against the 49ers.

[/QUOTE]

I would assume he is talking about two first half interceptions and a generally bad first half offensive performance. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Key on the word "consistent"  didn't Jags march down on their first possession?  SF? Rams?  who else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

He never said they had been "consistently" having the problem. you just can't do it on a consistent basis and win. For 2 weeks in a row the offense has gotten off to bad starts and he is worried about it turning into a big problem as they enter the playoffs. I have never personally heard Brady throw the defense under the bus even when they deserve it. I would not expect it to start now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess we are interpreting the words differently.  I don't think he throwing anyone under the buss.  He simplying stating fact.  The last 2 games we start on Offense in the hole.  I'm sure (not going to check) at least 1/2 the games he taken to the field trailing this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I would think he was talking about the 4 INT's and 4 fumbles they've left on the field the past two games... but OK, create your own translation if you like?

The defense hasn't struggled, the defense has struggled to fix offensive screw ups on the wrong side of the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The defense was pretty good yesterday but to say giving up 41 points to the 49ers isn't struggling I do not know what is. They made Kaepernick look like Peyton Manning at times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Brady is definitely the greatest ...  So yeah the wisdom is come out strong and ready. 

Didn't see that from D who were juggling personnel (MCC back at CB) secondary and missing spikes presence, and playing tentative and not aggressive.  Definitely not setting a tone which they must learn.  that said, strong finish got necessary taste in their mouth.  (Chung, Jones, Wilson among others)... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

When will someone on D get on everyone and fire everyone up the way Brady does? We need more fire when we are not performing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not as bad as I thought we have trailed in just over 1/2 our games at the start (8 out of 15).  Not sure where that stands compaired to the other top/playoff teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brady was referring to the poor offensive execution in the first half. if anything, the defense WON the pats that game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

he was talking about the offense. he said that the defense has been playing very well but they are making too many mistakes on offense.I'll look for that link. Being the stand up guy Brady is he pointed the finger at himself, even though it isn't all his fault. Brady would never throw anyone under the bus like that either. 

I think that they will step it up in the playoffs, a healthy Gronk makes a huge difference. The O line needs to step it up too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Make some stops, Defense? They made one late in the fourth with 5 minutes to go, the offense held the ball for 1:35 seconds. The Defense made another stop to win the game. If he was talking about the defense, which I doubt he was, he needs to take a look at his offense. How many times are they going to get the ball with a lead in the fourth and all they have to do is close out the game to win only to give the ball back to the opposing team? 

If they'd made one more first down in the SB we win it, this defense can't win you games. They're not that type of defense, when the offense gets a chance to close out the game they should and not have to rely on an average defense (last year they were below average in the playoffs and just terrible in the regular season) to do so. 

I'd expect this from Babe, TCal, but you? I'm disappointed. SMH...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm glad TB is speaking up and being a leader. I hope he's chewing himslef out too, for two games in a row, with lackluster first half perfromances and 4 INTs. I still love him though-he's is the gretaest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/24/tom-brady-let-his-teammates-know-sundays-effort-wasnt-good-enough/

The o-line needs to step it up with protection. The offense can't keep giving up short fields off turnovers (INTs and fumbles) for the defense to protect. Also special teams have not helped the defense either. Ghost keeps kicking it to the 5 yard line, and  they are letting teams have big run backs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well kp to be fair, the first of those 4 INT's was a result of Welker pulling up to *itch instead of making a play on the ball. 

The second was Hernandez (after getting rocked on the previous play) Alligator arming a ball that bounced off his hands for an INT.

The 3rd was another ball bouncing off Ridleys hands.  Why the F**k is McD call a pass play to Ridley??? That's what Woodhead is for.

The 4th is on Brady.

So were actually looking at 1 on Brady, 1 on Hernandez, 1 on Ridley and 1/2 Brady 1/2 Welker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well kp to be fair, the first of those 4 INT's was a result of Welker pulling up to *itch instead of making a play on the ball. 

The second was Hernandez (after getting rocked on the previous play) Alligator arming a ball that bounced off his hands for an INT.

The 3rd was another ball bouncing off Ridleys hands.  Why the F**k is McD call a pass play to Ridley??? That's what Woodhead is for.

The 4th is on Brady.

So were actually looking at 1 on Brady, 1 on Hernandez, 1 on Ridley and 1/2 Brady 1/2 Welker.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your analsyis. TB is trying to thread needles when he doesn't have to.

And you're right JMcD shouldn't be having tB make longs throws to Ridley.

But be honest TB has been off his mark the last two games as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I'm with Rusty on this one. 'Stop turning the ball over Tom'.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Why shouldn't Brady throw to Ridley.   Let him have it in space.  All the backs should be able to catch.  A lot of teams throw the ball to the flat, it's a good play.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The defense was pretty good yesterday but to say giving up 41 points to the 49ers isn't struggling I do not know what is. They made Kaepernick look like Peyton Manning at times.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, they didn't.    They took advantage of a coverage problem on the Moss TD and he had that nice pass to Crabtree, splitting Gregory and McCourty, but that was really it.

He can't even take a snap correctly from under Center, apparently.  That gimmick crap won't work. NE's D took Kaepernick's gimmick pistol offense away, as they did Gore, but the D had to defend fiels no shorther than 38 yards, over and over and over and over again in succession due to fumbles and 2 Brady INTs.

Anyone thinking they can somehow bash the D and reference "41" points as if it means jack squat, is a buffoon.

The offense lost that game for NE. Period.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, 4 one throw TD's over 25 yards is awesome.

41 points, which is nearly double the league average is awesome.

Always losing the lead (or tie in this case) in the 4th qtr is awesome.

34 points which is 12 better than the league standard suxs.

The Pats last ranked pass D is better than the Pats first ranked offense.

In your case, brain dead, would be an improvement.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Brady is responding to the play of the offense in my opinion.  He is classy enough to never blame anyone but himself an the O, at least publicly.  He will leave Wilfork and BB to criticise the D.  The SF game skewed the D's performance because the O gave the Niners short fields and in general looked horrible in the 1st half.  Ditto the Jags game, I think the O looked lost at times.  But I understand coming off a tough loss to the Niners it was probably hard to get up for the Jags, so I'm giving them a Mulligan.  It would be nice to see the Pats throttle the Dolphins this week and get themsleves tuned up for the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts