WORK THE WAIVER WIRE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

WORK THE WAIVER WIRE

As you all know the patriots are cutting players today but so are other they can claim from other teams.

A few guys i like r FB Chris gronkowski - cut from boys, robs brother

CB perrish Cox - charactor guy but suberb talent may be worth a flier.

DE- george selvie - pure speed rusher could be valuable now in the 4-3

s- chris horton - Needed for depth at safety not a bad yound player

WHo do u think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: WORK THE WAIVER WIRE

The Gronk brother TE  might be tempting for his blocking. But lets see if any good safties show up or o-liners.

Remember the gronk kid from dallas caused Romo to get injured last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to WORK THE WAIVER WIRE:
    [QUOTE]As you all know the patriots are cutting players today but so are other they can claim from other teams. A few guys i like r FB Chris gronkowski - cut from boys, robs brother CB perrish Cox - charactor guy but suberb talent may be worth a flier. DE- george selvie - pure speed rusher could be valuable now in the 4-3 s- chris horton - Needed for depth at safety not a bad yound player WHo do u think
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

Myra Kraft may be gone, but the Patriots still are not going to sign Perrish Cox, who has a very serious sexual assault accusation leveled against him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

We need help at safety.  Any good ones gonna be out there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: WORK THE WAIVER WIRE:
    [QUOTE]We need help at safety.  Any good ones gonna be out there?
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

heres a list
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821e9e9a/article/down-to-53-tracking-final-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams?module=HP11_content_stream

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Joselio Hanson figures to be a popular free agent

Gerald Jones, Joselio HansonAP

Eagles cornerback Joselio Hanson will be released on Saturday, as first reported by Adam Caplan.

While most guys that get cut this weekend are cut for a reason and generally overrated by the public, Hanson has a skill set that would help a lot of teams out there.  He was an above average nickel back at worst last year.

Look for Carolina to show interest. St. Louis would also make sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Shiloh Keo, a Safety a number on this board were high on in the draft, was just cut by Houston.  Might be worth a look.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WORK THE WAIVER WIRE : Myra Kraft may be gone, but the Patriots still are not going to sign Perrish Cox, who has a very serious sexual assault accusation leveled against him.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

I like keo cas we need someone who can start at safety brown and barret scare me. Cox does have allegations against him however if he can still play we may be worth a look. We want to win championships with football players not merit badges with boy scouts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WORK THE WAIVER WIRE : I like keo cas we need someone who can start at safety brown and barret scare me. Cox does have allegations against him however if he can still play we may be worth a look. We want to win championships with football players not merit badges with boy scouts.

I saw a Texan pre-season game and Keo made some real bone-head plays.  The type of stupid, undisciplined palys that BB would not tolerate.  Can't remember the specifics (I'm getting old) but they were really dumb plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Some really interesting releases for different reasons.

Tommie Harris didnt make the colts. we were interested in him.

Brodie Croyle QB of ARI once had so much potential cant make a team. just sayen

Reggie Corner CB is a decent 27 year old who could help.

Desmond Clark TE. long time TE of the bears cut. could be a fit here, though he is 34.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I know little about player evaluation, but I favor Dan Gronkowski as a third tight end.  There are three of these Gronk brothers, two of them on the waiver wire, and BB needs a blocking tight end to take Lee Smith's and Alge Crumpler's place.  Dan Gronkowski is slow as molassass so at least Dustin Keller's job is safe, but Dan has lateral explosion to give linebackers minor receiver matchup issues, and most important, he can run-block.

BB does not need a second H-back as long as he has Hernandez, so Chris Gronkowski is a bit of a long shot.

My real hope for tight end is that either Sebastian Vollmer, who is comfortable now at tackle, or Nate Solder could learn to catch again with a Jugs machine.  Both have experience at tight end, both are skyscrapers and both can leap.  Nobody is tall enough to cover either one of them.  Both can run-block all day and night, so that half of the tight end job qualifications is fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We need OL help, in particular G. I think Gurode makes the team, but I also see them bringing in possibly another G, or maybe we see Solder play there?...G is thin at best with Ohrenberger IR'd.

TE throws me for a loop. I wouldn't have thought we would cut Yeatman and Smith. However, if both of them at this point in their early careers are blocking TE's only, why not use Maneri? That's 2 roster spots you clear by using Maneri, who adds depth at OT and TE possibly. 1 of them is sure to clear waivers and probably on the PS.

There are a few players I hope we target now...
    Joselio Hanson (CB)...I think he is an upgrade over Arrington and Butler
    John Malecki (G)..cut by the Steelers..bring him in for a look behind Gurode
    Max Jean-Gilles (G)...would like to see if he could add some depth at G
    Maybe Gronkowski's TE brother that got cut from the Broncos....

Not a lot to pick over at this point..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Although they may wait until after week 1, I could see Sharper, Gurode, and a CB coming in, maybe Will Allen or Joselio Hanson. I see Tarpinian going to IR, Butler/Molden battling for one spot, and depending upon how serious the injury was, Arrington to IR. If Anderson struggles, I could see them replacing him with someone like Pat Williams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]Shiloh Keo, a Safety a number on this board were high on in the draft, was just cut by Houston.  Might be worth a look.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Texan fans would be happy with this trade.  Reports in Houston was that Keo was too slow, didn't "get it" and "wasn't good enough to make the team " (per Lance Zierlein) while Texan fans believe Merriweather would be better than any safety currently on the Texans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Imagine how funny it would be if the Pats had all three of the Gronkowski brothers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]We need help at safety.  Any good ones gonna be out there?
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

The Pats also have a problem at RG. They have interviewed Andre Gurode and now, Brian Waters:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/brian-waters-visits-talks-contract-with-patriots/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Any thoughts on Patriots making a move for Darren Sharper since maysuckweather is done in New England.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Safety Chris Horton would be a real good pickup.  Was released by the Redskins cause they have so much depth at the position.  3 years ago in his rookie season Horton started 10 games and finished the season with 72 tackles and 3 INT's.  He's a really good tackler and a ball hawk.  the past 2 seasons he's gotten injured and only played in half the games.  But he's still young at 26 yrs old.  more of a Strong Safety, but i think Chung could move over to FS.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Safety Chris Horton would be a real good pickup.  Was released by the Redskins cause they have so much depth at the position.  3 years ago in his rookie season Horton started 10 games and finished the season with 72 tackles and 3 INT's.  He's a really good tackler and a ball hawk.  the past 2 seasons he's gotten injured and only played in half the games.  But he's still young at 26 yrs old.  more of a Strong Safety, but i think Chung could move over to FS.  
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]

i dont think chung is fast enough for free safety or a ball hawk
    can he cover one on one too? i wouldnt mind adding a safety who can cover.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WORK THE WAIVER WIRE : I like keo cas we need someone who can start at safety brown and barret scare me. Cox does have allegations against him however if he can still play we may be worth a look. We want to win championships with football players not merit badges with boy scouts.

if cox attempted to rape or raped a woman he blongs in jail not on a football team. boy scouts can scout, rapists gave up their right to live in a free society.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WORK THE WAIVER WIRE : Myra Kraft may be gone, but the Patriots still are not going to sign Perrish Cox, who has a very serious sexual assault accusation leveled against him.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

As an aside, maybe Merriweather's off field issues came back to haunt him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WORK THE WAIVER WIRE :  if cox attempted to rape or raped a woman he blongs in jail not on a football team. boy scouts can scout, rapists gave up their right to live in a free society.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Which he may or may have this is all allegations. Just like thos eppl who made posts of how bw was a "murderer" after he was wrongly accused of shotting at someone. Im not a lawyer neither are you so who knows if this happened

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

good points, my point was not to his guilt but that "its football not boy scouts" (ie if he did rape, so what this is football).

i followed it with, "if he did attempt sexual assault or commit sexual assault.....
    he belongs in prison."

just to clarify what i said and what i meant.

of note, sexaul assault is near impossible to prove (even when it does happen) and the person's life who was assaulted is made much worse by what she has to go through with cops and with the legal process (it's almost better, and to some it is better, to not go to court).