world cup thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: world cup thread

The U.S. has no shot going in to the thing, but our fans somehow still act as if we're greatest thing ever, get excited about the smallest positive thing, even if it's in a loss, and they're undoubtedly the most annoying and obnoxious fans in all the land.

Yes, we are the Jets of international soccer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The U.S. has no shot going in to the thing, but our fans somehow still act as if we're greatest thing ever, get excited about the smallest positive thing, even if it's in a loss, and they're undoubtedly the most annoying and obnoxious fans in all the land.

Yes, we are the Jets of international soccer.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ha ha. Wow. I'm speechless.  Care for a juice box?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looks like its gonna come down to Germany vs. Belgium in the finals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

exciting but the US in not in the class of other countries. we may someday but for now, it will be rah rah (deservedly so) but "wait tile next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Great job for US team!  Goaltender Howard was amazing! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to oklahomapatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like its gonna come down to Germany vs. Belgium in the finals

[/QUOTE]

Lol. Belgium has to get by Argentina and Netherlands.

Good luck.

They barely beat the US if Wondo didn't miss a point blank shot, US would've won 1-0 in FT.

The moment Lukakalu came in I knew we were in trouble. He's a beast

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I would not be able to live with myself if I missed that chance with about a minute to go.  WOW

You simply catch it short and go against the grain to the open net all in one motion.  Unreal. I could have finished that one to win it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Easily the best goaltending display I've ever seen.  Belgium had like 15 corners and Howard made about 5 point blank saves that are usually goals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Easily the best goaltending display I've ever seen.  Belgium had like 15 corners and Howard made about 5 point blank saves that are usually goals.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, is the US team didn't have Howard and an avg. goalie, this game is most likely 4-0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Goalkeeper Tim Howard was simply amazing.  He made 16 saves, the most on record in a World Cup match.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It was an excellent match. The US played with a lot of heart and never gave up even when it was 2-0 and looked hopeless.  I really didn't expect them to win that one, but they certainly gave a valiant effort, and nearly came back to tie it at the end.  Howard was amazing throughout. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would not be able to live with myself if I missed that chance with about a minute to go.  WOW

You simply catch it short and go against the grain to the open net all in one motion.  Unreal. I could have finished that one to win it.

[/QUOTE]

Ya just like you could walk into Dallas or Oakland and put a plan together to make them a Super Bowl team. LOL CITY!

Do us all a favor a stop posting Mr high school hero.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Uncle Fester, playing in the middle of the field, is as bad at his sport as Arrington is at his.  He turned it over more than a Filipino prostitute. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Howard played great and I believe team USA went as far as they were gonna go. Also think that the major teams (Spain, England, Italy, Portugal) out of the tournament clearly indicates the level of competition is pretty incredible. I am, via my GF , am routing for Colombia (hint: Shes Colombian ). Brazil seem like constant whiners and Germany and the Dutch look very strong. Argentina has the best player in the world. Should be nice competition to watch before the real football (NFL) starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uncle Fester, playing in the middle of the field, is as bad at his sport as Arrington is at his.  He turned it over more than a Filipino prostitute. 

[/QUOTE]

I know. Bradley was the most maddening player to watch out there. His first touch almost every time sucked

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

USA has some very good young talent on the team.  Yedlin, Brooks, Green all under 23, and played very well when inserted as substitutes.  Yedlin was the best (non-goalkeeper) player on USA team.  Made several terrific crosses but USA had no finishers/closers like the top teams do.  Look forward to their development and performance on the international stage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Man brazil is nuts before the big game

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

And there is crying in football. LOL Germany  stole their lunch money, broke their glasses and gave them a wedgie. 

But, but I'm a good poster!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And there is crying in football. LOL Germany  stole their lunch money, broke their glasses and gave them a wedgie. 

But, but I'm a good poster!

[/QUOTE]

An atomic wedgie.  That was as bad as seattle slapping gomer and company in the super bowl, if not worse.

Talk about stunning.  I am still stunned.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Germany gave them the D today. 

Amazing 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

usa usa usa.. gee, any prob with klinsmann only losing by 1 goal? that was a great a game in a loss as one could ever hope for in retrospect.. tim howard would not have allowed in 7 goals and NONE was particulrly the goali'e fault. just culdnt make the spectacular save. expect pats to b doing that in this year's playoffs! those gys hadnt lost in 63 games or since 1975 at game. tells u how popular neymar actaully is. again, a bb doesnt allow all that emotion b dedicated to one player, next man up. they couldnt emotionally get over it. cant believe these guys hug and kiss each other BEFORE the game starts. can u imagine pats and ravens doing that before a big playoff game? jeez! nice for the kids and moms to c but will never catch on in these parts.

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

more like germany and argentina.. sticking with tina. will coach of brazzy keep his job? hey apart from that one game, i had me a great world cup run!

Da Commy's on the 5th dimension of CONSCIOUSNESS, I'm just a humble servant at the 3rd dimension like the rest of y'all mere mortals!

@imagydBoston... Twitter is where its at!

Sections
Shortcuts