Worried about Lloyd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Worried about Lloyd

To me it looked like a broken elbow or shoulder the way he came down.  We'll see, but it didn't look good.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Worried about Lloyd

He's the worst "deep threat" in the league anyhow. TERRIBLE signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No worries, we still have Branch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Mike Reiss said he was shaken up but came back in the game.

He's not a deep threat, but he makes a viable outside receiver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lloyd has bailed brady out on many occasions this season, and he nearly did again on the play he got hurt, that would have been a sensational catch had he stayed inbounds....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rotoworld said it looked like a hip injury.  To me looked like collarbone or shoulder.  Hope it's nothing serious and is back for the Jets game.

On another note, speculation on Ray Lewis is a torn tricep and could be out for season and Raven CB Webb tore ACL out for season.  Injuries are going to hurt a lot of teams.  Might see a Jags vs Panthers SB before it's all over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looked like the wind was knocked out of him. What's the difference anyway? Brady isn't even looking at Lloyd much to start the year. He's still staring down Welker, Gronk or Hernandez.

More excuses for Prolate to deflect from the elephant in the room.

Brady can't throw deep anymore anyway, Schempter. Stick to baseball with you and your bald, whiny friend Tony Mazz.

You're both imbeciles.

[/QUOTE]

Another new name from the internet (pansy) tough guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Reiss said he was shaken up but came back in the game.

He's not a deep threat, but he makes a viable outside receiver

[/QUOTE]

The team has no deep threat - no passs rush - no DBs - and no blitz packages.  For the 6th consecutive season.

None of these problems are ever addressed by BB.    It's always hope for perfect execution of vanilla defense and 3 yard pass patterns.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Lloyd has really good hands and has struck me as more of a posession reciever than a deep threat. He seems to struggle more with the easy ones than the ones he has to contort his body into tough positions. He has been a good pick up in my opinion and I hope he is back soon if he did get hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lloyd has really good hands and has struck me as more of a posession reciever than a deep threat. He seems to struggle more with the easy ones than the ones he has to contort his body into tough positions. He has been a good pick up in my opinion and I hope he is back soon if he did get hurt.

[/QUOTE]

We have nothing but posesssion recievers.  Doesn't work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like Lloyd.  Still would like a "real" deep threat.  But I don't think the receivers were a problem this game.  I think this was a game that needed a really good defensive showing.  In fairness, the defense mostly played well, especially against the run. The problem was a few big breakdowns in pass defense.  You just can't give up three or four 40-yard pass plays and expect to win against a good team.  It's been the Pats' Achilles heel for years now.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you only have posesssion receivers and your entire passing game centers on 3 - 9 yard patterns - smart defensive coaches like pete Carroll are going to burn you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Horrible pass by Brady on the wide open lloyd caused the injury too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

You're wrong because you don't know the game. Put Brady under center in this game with playaction, we win the game and Lloyd is a deep threat.

Our offense BLOWS against a good D in the shtogun.

PERIOD.

How many more examples do we need?

This game should have been a 31-17 type of game if not better than that.

[/QUOTE]

You are a certifiable mental case.

What don't you get about us scoring 9 points more than the Seahawks allow? And that with a pitiful running game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Looked like the wind was knocked out of him. What's the difference anyway? Brady isn't even looking at Lloyd much to start the year. He's still staring down Welker, Gronk or Hernandez.

More excuses for Prolate to deflect from the elephant in the room.

Brady can't throw deep anymore anyway, Schempter. Stick to baseball with you and your bald, whiny friend Tony Mazz.

You're both imbeciles.

[/QUOTE]

Another new name from the internet (pansy) tough guy.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't hide whatsoever. We have pansies here who have been embarrassed by me and others who email the mods to get me banned.

They just can't concede that I've been right.

It's not going to end. I've offered wagers to people about the Brady 40+ passes vs. a good D thing and they don't take the wager. Proof is in the pudding. This is why. They know I'm right.

I'll take bets right now. If Brady chooses to throw from the shotgun 40+ times vs Houston or SF, we lose.

I'll take bets right now on it.  

[/QUOTE]

What you don't "get" is that Brady doesn't throw 40 times if the run is working. You truly are daft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you only have posesssion receivers and your entire passing game centers on 3 - 9 yard patterns - smart defensive coaches like pete Carroll are going to burn you.

[/QUOTE]

Before Moss the deep ball was not an important part of the offense and they still won because the defense did it's job. I thought Brady was fine on the deep ball today (I can only recall the pass to Welker right now) but he was awful on short passes. The rain must have been a problem because they were constantly thrown high or bounced.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The Boston Herald doesn't believe Brandon Lloyd's late-game shoulder or hip injury against the Seahawks was "anything concerning."

As mentioned previously, Lloyd did return for the Patriots' final two offensive snaps. He may appear on the Week 7 injury report and be listed as "limited" in practice, but we wouldn't expect Lloyd to miss any time going forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am not worried about Lloyd. I never bought that he was deep threat anyhow. He is already 31. He has had one 1000 yard season in his career (he is on pace to get there this year again). He has been in the top in terms of yards per reception once in his career. He is on pace for the lowest ypc of his career (not counting 2007 when he had exactly 2 receptions for 14 yards).

I am not sure why people the Pats were getting some deep threat speed guy. What he is on the other hand, may be the best WR in the NFL and getting his feet down in bounds along the sideline. He has had five or six catches this year where I thought there was no way he got both feet down, but he has amazing body control on those plays.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not worried about Lloyd. I never bought that he was deep threat anyhow. He is already 31. He has had one 1000 yard season in his career (he is on pace to get there this year again). He has been in the top in terms of yards per reception once in his career. He is on pace for the lowest ypc of his career (not counting 2007 when he had exactly 2 receptions for 14 yards).

I am not sure why people the Pats were getting some deep threat speed guy. What he is on the other hand, may be the best WR in the NFL and getting his feet down in bounds along the sideline. He has had five or six catches this year where I thought there was no way he got both feet down, but he has amazing body control on those plays.

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me it looked like a broken elbow or shoulder the way he came down.  We'll see, but it didn't look good.  

[/QUOTE]

dollars to dougnuts he broke his clavacle, it did not look good at all

[/QUOTE]

Really????????

Here.. just for you, one more time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dollars to dougnuts he broke his clavacle, it did not look good at all

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he out there again after it. I swear he was in for the final offensive play. Even without him, with Hernandez back the offense has more than enought to win games.