Worried about Welker next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Worried about Welker next year?

The Globe is saying the fact that Mayo got a long term deal while Welker is still watiing to negotiate his contract is going to cause some problems with Welker.

Is this correct or just Globe stirring things up?  Would the Pats not work to resign the league's leading receiver in yards and receptions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Worried about Welker next year?

Extension not worked out.....Franchise tag

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

You have to wonder what Welker thinks he is worth...Personally I don't think he catches 50 with another team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If they don't sign Welker - Brady is going to be furious.  That's why he'll be signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would have thought the Pats get Welker signed up with the money they had to spend vs. Mayo given Mayo had an extra year on his rookie contract. I think what will happen is that the Pats will franchise Wes next year and hopefully use this time to renegotiate a longer term deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

He'll get a deal. The Patriots know how valuable he is to them, and he knows how valuable the team is to him.

It's a win-win for both sides. Welker wants to win a Super Bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Worried about Welker next year?:
    [QUOTE]You have to wonder what Welker thinks he is worth...Personally I don't think he catches 50 with another team.
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]

He caught 67 for Miami before NE traded for him and thats going against BB and the Pats Defense twice the year they had their very best statistical defense during BB's tenure as NE's head coach so far.

You are just making crazy talk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Welker had made statements earlier in the year that he was not worried about his deal and that he wasn't thrilled with the idea of trying to work it out during the season.