Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats?

I am very tired of seeing our D line rush 3 over and over again.  If BB would give someone an opportunty to make a play, maybe we could get a QB to occasionally rush a play. Maybe some hard chuks on the scrimmage could throw off some routes, and a little blitzing.  I will not ever understand going into this season with such a rig rag group of safeties.  No way this secondary can get past a round of the playoffs in the AFC.  That was the worst example of defense the Patriots have played in over a decade.  I know there were several ticky calls in this game, but the defense showed no resiliance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Re: Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats?

Idk bout anyone else but i cant wait to see spikes back  on the field blowing up the middle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In Response to Re: Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats?:
    [QUOTE]Idk bout anyone else but i cant wait to see spikes back  on the field blowing up the middle.
    Posted by RandyMossinThem[/QUOTE]

that should help against the run, they didn't do very well today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

No way to hide it, disguise it, or pretend it ain't so..this defense, as of today sucks big time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Agree, very bad... This defense needs a a lot of things:

1.- A exclusive leader and coordinator

2.- Better players at every position. S,CB,LB,DL

3.- An identity 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He's rushing 3 because he needs 8 in coverage. Heck, with these DBs, he needs 16 in coverage, but the refs won't allow it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]He's rushing 3 because he needs 8 in coverage. Heck, with these DBs, he needs 16 in coverage, but the refs won't allow it. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Sad, but true...LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats?:
    [QUOTE]I am very tired of seeing our D line rush 3 over and over again.  If BB would give someone an opportunty to make a play, maybe we could get a QB to occasionally rush a play. Maybe some hard chuks on the scrimmage could throw off some routes, and a little blitzing.  I will not ever understand going into this season with such a rig rag group of safeties.  No way this secondary can get past a round of the playoffs in the AFC.  That was the worst example of defense the Patriots have played in over a decade.  I know there were several ticky calls in this game, but the defense showed no resiliance.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

Though this "effort" was pretty bad, we've seen worse over the past decade. There was the 34-14 debacle in Cleveland in 2010, when the Patriots let RB Payton Hillis leave cleat marks all over their faces.

There were two demolitions at the hands of Drew Brees, playing for the Chargers, in a 41-17 rout in Foxboro, in October of 2005, and the 38-17 rout in New Orleans, in 2009. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There was 31-0 game with Buffalo too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Worst defensive effort in a decade for Pats? :      Though this "effort" was pretty bad, we've seen worse over the past decade. There was the 34-14 debacle in Cleveland in 2010, when the Patriots let RB Payton Hillis leave cleat marks all over their faces.      There were two demolitions at the hands of Drew Brees, playing for the Chargers, in a 41-17 rout in Foxboro, in October of 2005, and the 38-17 rout in New Orleans, in 2009. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

No, I'm pretty sure that this "effort" was worse than "pretty bad."

The Skin's offense is terrible. Grossman is the better of the two very bad quarterbacks. Fred Davis is suspended, so the TE is third on the depth chart. Both OT's are off the street JAGs starting this week. They've averaged a touchdown and a half all year per game.

But the Pats D (I'm hesitant to call them a "defense" because they weren't all that "defensive") somehow manages to allow the Skins to control the ball for 36 minutes. Somehow the Skins offense hangs up more yardage than the Patriots "one of the best in the league" offenses. The Skins are 31st in the league rushing the ball, but go for 170 on the ground. I was at the game, and the Pats "D" was pushed all over the field from start to finish. The Skins offense looked like Pittsburgh's.

But I can't wait for all the kool-aid drinkers to start poppong off again how this defense is actually good. The next time Belichick is referred to as a "defensive genius," I'm going to blow chunks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Overall this season- yes the worse defense in more than a decade- they've proven that again and again. I can't bring myself to compare an contrast the worst D games this season. It is what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It was a horrible defensive effort. The thing is, how can we expect more when BB seems to have created a revolving door in the secondary? Every week there is a different cast of characters playing CB and Safety. No continuity, and no time to really work together as a group. The safety position is a mess. cB not much better. when you give considerable defensive snaps to Edelman and Slater, something is not right. I think Edelman is playing okay, but I don't see this D as playoff ready by any stretch of the imagination.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm pretty sure you ALL are really overreacting.  First half the run stopping was spot on.  Second half we had to shift to coverage.  What was wrong was the DBs.  McCourty, not my favorite guy this year, had a bad shoulder.  We were playing WRs at safety.  Ihedigbo made some mistakes.  That was it.  The Dline was manly, the backers did o.k.  Get Chung back in, things are much better.  By the way, Rex Grossman put up about the same numbers as he has in about half the games he played in this year.  Look it up.  Apparently no one told him he is no good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

13 games into this season, we'd figure something would be working for the D in a somewhat consistent manner other than poor play.  Yes, we can point to injuries as part of the problem, but, are the players that are there learning anything about how to defend?  I would like to be pleasantly surprised as we wind down this season and go into the playoffs, that would be nice. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure you ALL are really overreacting.  First half the run stopping was spot on.  Second half we had to shift to coverage.  What was wrong was the DBs.  McCourty, not my favorite guy this year, had a bad shoulder.  We were playing WRs at safety.  Ihedigbo made some mistakes.  That was it.  The Dline was manly, the backers did o.k.  Get Chung back in, things are much better.  By the way, Rex Grossman put up about the same numbers as he has in about half the games he played in this year.  Look it up.  Apparently no one told him he is no good.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't.  Helu had 80 rushing yards in the first half alone.  The run defense was terrible all game.  That and the ridiculously soft zone the Pats now play made a bad offense look good.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts