Worst Drafting Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Worst Drafting Teams

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

forbes has the patriots as being the worst team in drafting good players.I know we have had some busts,but i thought we have some great players.some are still young,and unproven,but how many players drafted,actually start?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Re: Worst Drafting Teams

It may look that way because the team has such depth. Hard for rookies to stick here. Also Vets coming here every year has not let youngsters stick. In hind sight what did Seau (although I loved him here) and others cost us in developing youth. Look what the Fins did with Cobbs last year. I also thought that Bam Childress could make it in this league. He made some of the craziest catches. He's at the Eagles last I know of. The LB Rodgers that Dallas took from us looked very good in Preseason games. Garret Mills is another that I think BB wish he had keep. Just because other teams have not made players out of these guy's don't mean that we could'nt have found a way to use them either.

See you changed your pic moss. I think that maybe the greatest catch of all time. Deff the biggest catch that was not a TD.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

IM trying to find that one pic of him snagging the ball with one hand,or his arm for a td.i think it was against miami.he had like three guys on him.but yes this one wasnt for a td,but it was pretty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Moss you still there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Hope this Helps. Feel free

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I think our last 3 drafts (picks taken, not trades made) have been poor.  The jury is still out on 2008 but looking back at 2007 we landed one player, Brandon Meriweather.  Mike Richardson was also taken here at 202 but he's about to be cut.  Granted, we traded away our 2nd and 4th that years for Welker and Moss.

2006 was no better.  Stephen Gostkowski so far is the only stud on that draft.  If Lawrence Maroney doesn't have a break out season staying injury free, he will be considered a bust by all.  We traded up for Chad Jackson (say no more).  We still have some players left on the roster from 2006 including David Thomas (always hurt), Ryan O'Callaghan (hurt) and Le Kevin Smith (back-up).

2005 was better.  We got starters in Login Mankins, Ellis Hobbs, Nick Kaczur and James Sanders.  Matt Cassel was also taken here.

2004 only yeilded Vince Wilfork and Benjamin Watson.  Marquise Hill tragically drowned but the rest of the draft was useless.

2003 was a solid draft.  Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson, Asante Samuel, San Koppen, Tully Banta-Cain all take there.

The thing for me is we passed on some great players while reaching for some that are average at best, even trading up to get guys who proved worthless.  The last three seasons were not great.  Let's hope Pioli was the problem getting too cute.  This draft could be great if we don't trade it all away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

nice!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Here's a link that might help some of the memory challenged such as myself.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3200&type=team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

that is a list.but again like i said how many guys actually start,or as you said how many get the chance to?i dont see how you can rate any team better.unless they go by actual starters,or by still being on there teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I think our last 3 drafts (picks taken, not trades made) have been poor.  The jury is still out on 2008 but looking back at 2007 we landed one player, Brandon Meriweather.  Mike Richardson was also taken here at 202 but he's about to be cut.  Granted, we traded away our 2nd and 4th that years for Welker and Moss. 2006 was no better.  Stephen Gostkowski so far is the only stud on that draft.  If Lawrence Maroney doesn't have a break out season staying injury free, he will be considered a bust by all.  We traded up for Chad Jackson (say no more).  We still have some players left on the roster from 2006 including David Thomas (always hurt), Ryan O'Callaghan (hurt) and Le Kevin Smith (back-up). 2005 was better.  We got starters in Login Mankins, Ellis Hobbs, Nick Kaczur and James Sanders.  Matt Cassel was also taken here. 2004 only yeilded Vince Wilfork and Benjamin Watson.  Marquise Hill tragically drowned but the rest of the draft was useless. 2003 was a solid draft.  Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson, Asante Samuel, San Koppen, Tully Banta-Cain all take there. The thing for me is we passed on some great players while reaching for some that are average at best, even trading up to get guys who proved worthless.  The last three seasons were not great.  Let's hope Pioli was the problem getting too cute.  This draft could be great if we don't trade it all away.
    Posted by Faucetman

i agree.this years draft is full of talent through the first three,or four rds.there is no reason the pats cant get any good players with the 11 picks they have.unless they trade some away.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

It would have been nice if they did a true analysys that tells the whole story.  I also look at the Pats quality of draft picks over quantity. The whole offensive & defensive lines were built through the draft!  That's where the games are won or lost!

I think I like this new set-up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Well, the article is obviously excluding any external study because, as mentioned, we've also acquired some major weapons the past three seasons that have trumped what any draft pick could conceivably contributed.

The past three years as the sample is a poor one for the Pats.  There really aren't any home runs in the group.  Part of the issue is the shift in philosophy.  The Pats are great at scount the core positions like linemen, safeties and linebackers.  They're not as good as scouting the finess players or positions.  Even consider with running backs they seem to covet Corey Dillon typer players but, when selecting Maroney, it's obvious they don't have such a lock on the super athlete and how to transition them into the New England system.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am sure this draft day trade, resulting in Wilfork and Wilson was not included in their grade

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/04/12/white_lightning_anyone/

Not one to rave about
    With quarterback Kyle Boller signing with the Rams in free agency, the book is officially closed on his career in Baltimore. Chalk it up as one of the few mistakes made by Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome. Patriots fans might recall that the Patriots traded the 19th overall pick to the Ravens in 2003, and Baltimore selected Boller, who never panned out. The Patriots received a 2004 first-rounder in that deal that turned into Vince Wilfork, and a 2003 second-rounder that they used in another deal to select defensive back Eugene Wilson. Six years later, score that deal a win for New England.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let's separate the drafting over the past five years into the 2008 draft, where every drafted player is still with the team, and all the drafts leading up to the 2007 regular season, which was the only 16-0 regular season in NFL history. 

So Forbes says the Patriots have the worst drafting record of all 32 teams, including the 0-16 Lions.  And what did Bill Belichick say about the direction of the stock market?  Anything about banks collapsing?  For that matter, didn't Forbes just get blindsided by the market?