Worst Moments in Patriots' History

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Worst Moments in Patriots' History

I agree alot that those are some worse moments but I'd change the order a little ....based on your order I'd change them as follows
    1 2008 SB VS Giants
    2 1976 VS Raiders
    3 Stingley getting Paralized
    4 2007 loss to Colts
    5 1997 SB VS Green Bay
    6 2007 Spygate
    7 2011 loss to Jets
    8 1986 SB VS Bears
    9 1996 loss to Denver
    10 2010 loss to Ravens

I'm sure there are many more, especially if you want to get into losing seasons (15-1)& trades...Mike Hanes/Leon Gray.....oh, the list could be VERY long!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Gee, I always thought the the 1 - 15 season in 1990 was the lowest point of all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

#1 - Spygate: This is what the franchise will forever be known. It will haunt Pats fans for decades much like the black sox
    #2 - Stingley: Anytime a player is paralysed is considered a worst moment but given that Stingley was fast becoming a hall of fame WR his lose set the team back for years
    #3 - 07' SB lose: After spygate a perfect run would have shut up a whole nation of trolls. However, being claimed as the best team ever and then choking in the last 5 mins of perfection just gave the trolls more ammo
    #4 - The whole Sullivan Era: seriously do I need to say more
    #5 - 08' the knee: The Pats had an easy schedule setup for another run at perfection. After Brady went down BB went into rebuild mode for the last couple of years. Long term the team is going to be better off but Brady going down effectively knocked us out for a couple of years

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

any loss to those fleabags from Jersey

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

TP - I say spygate because it is the trolls and other fans without knowledge that will haunt us. Any Pats fan would let it go after the lost pick but even today in bars I still hear fans of other teams mention it. Regardless of trolls on the board or irl it still stings everytime someone brings it up. Like a bunch of pins being stuck into your side and there really is no defending it since they don't take any explaination. In that regard it the same as the black sox where for decades they White Sox had to listen to how it tainted the game until the White Sox became so pathetic people actually felt bad for them. Even then when they won the WS some reporters still brought it up. It's a black mark that will forever follow them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

2006 AFC Championship game / 2007 SB...I still can't watch any of those lowlights..I always change the channel

60maxpowero.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

For me, the day Parcells bailed on the Pats will forever go down in my book as the worst day in Pats history. 

Seeing him wear green, was like seeing your ex-girlfriend that your still in love with naked with another dude! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

the patriots never lost to the broncos in an 1996 playoff game. the game you are refering to took place in the regular leason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

1. pats lose to giants in SB
    2. chuck fairbanks resigns
    3. pats lose to jets last year
    4. holloway traded to raiders
    5. seamour traded to raiders
    6. milloy traded to bills
    7. lose curtis martin
    8. Tuna leaves for jets
    9. mcginest not re-signed
    10. not starting flutie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

one more...bruce armstrong not in the hall of fame

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Moments in Patriots' History:
    TP - I say spygate because it is the trolls and other fans without knowledge that will haunt us. Any Pats fan would let it go after the lost pick but even today in bars I still hear fans of other teams mention it. Regardless of trolls on the board or irl it still stings everytime someone brings it up. Like a bunch of pins being stuck into your side and there really is no defending it since they don't take any explaination. In that regard it the same as the black sox where for decades they White Sox had to listen to how it tainted the game until the White Sox became so pathetic people actually felt bad for them. Even then when they won the WS some reporters still brought it up. It's a black mark that will forever follow them.
    Posted by PatsEng

Don't forget the media...far too many of them continue to bring it up and use as "evidence" the fact that the Pats (largely due to an aging, and then rebuilding defense, and some bad luck as well) "haven't won a Super Bowl since their cameras were taken away" to "prove" that the videotaping was why they won their three SBs.

Even Bob Ryan--usually a level-headed one among the rest of the crew of Boston-based mediots--penned a column at the start of last season arguing that BB has to win another Super Bowl before he retires because his first three are "tainted."

The idiot trolls who root for other teams, and idiot players of the teams the Pats vanquished (like M. Faulk, J. Harrison and J. Porter) can say all they want, really, because they are jealous idiots. Pay no mind to them.

When allegedly non-biased media members (forgive me while I hold my sides from laughing so hard after typing that line)  -- some of them, anyway -- continue to harp on it, however, then you know it will never go away, unless the Pats win 1 or 2 more SBs (probably 2, because 1 can always be explained away as a "fluke").

It doesn't matter how many Dick Vermeils and Jimmy Johnsons come out and publicly state that they did it themselves (Johnson) or saw much worse things done when they were coaching (Vermeil); that's still not going to satisfy the trolls, the jealous players and the mediots who turned the pigskin equivalent of jaywalking into Watergate, the Black Sox scandal and Teapot Dome all wrapped into one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Good lists!   Really spot on.

I would drop Spygate because it led to an undefeated regular season (and how bad can that be?). 

The only addition I would make is 4th and 2 in 2009. 

Also, the Matt Cassel 2008 losses to the Colts and Jets during an 11-5 season with no playoff birth deserve honorable mention.

It doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 or even the top 20 but one regular season loss that really sticks in my mind is a game against Denver in Foxboro in the late 1980's.  Dick MacPherson was coach.  Patriots lead the whole game and control the whole game.  Elway gets a late TD to put the Bronco's up by 3.  Tommy Hodson rallys the team to a first and goal.  On third down from the three, no TOs left, Hodson scrambles left, looks for a receiver, tries to run it in and is tackled at the two.  Last 10 seconds run off the clock before a FG attempt for OT.   We just sat in our seats for 10 minutes in stunned disbelief.     Ahhh, the dark days!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

good call on the denver game. the qb however was hue millen circa 1989 or 90

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

reminds me of another loss but to the giants in 1990. pats kicker missed chip shot to win at the buzzer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

1. Super Bowl 42. I think I need say no more.

2. 2006 AFCCG in Indy. Thinking Miami at halftime then the collapse. I remember thinking "where's Willie to stop Addai?" The only way that season could have ended worse would be losing the AFC title game to the Jests instead of Indy.

3. Tom's injury in 2008. Though he's fine now, at that moment I'm sure everyone stopped and imagined the worst...career over. Still, IMO, a dark day indeed.

4. This January's loss to the Jests. While most people blamed the secondary, Sanchez had twice the time to throw as Brady. He couldn't help but make some plays. The offense got on a roll at the end, but too little too late. Let's hope this improves this season.

5. Seeing the hated horseface lift the Lombardi (I didn't watch it live, but of course it's all over TV). Knowing it could have been Brady up there if they could have made one more play in Indy! Wasn't as bad as a year later, but still a low day for me.

That's my list, and it's only for this current "core" of a team. If we want to talk ancient history, I remember when the Patriots were a laughing stock. But I don't like to think about the Sullivan years. "Spygate" I won't even give creedence to. Let them hate...they already did before this media circus! Parcells leaving after (though in his mind I think he left before) SB 31 was low, too. But it set the stage for Kraft to get BB in town. The Bears game in 86 was bad, but you knew they were going to beat any team from the AFC. What would jump to the top of the list, though, is if they have a last minute "breakdown in the talks...and wind up cancelling the season!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Now that I think of it Brady's injury was the worst...at the time thought he was finished...
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Not sure I will EVER totally get over the loss to the Giants for the perfect season. That one stings deep, and probably always will.

The Bruins helped ease that pain quite a bit this year!! ;-)

Sections
Shortcuts