Worst officiating ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Worst officiating ever

I wonder, after being at the game, which ref dropped either of two "gimmee" INT's, when both drives ended in Raven TD's? Which refs were playing the prevent D in the sesondary, leaving Raven WR's wide open? Which gaggle of refs played D, and gave up 100+ MORE yard thatn the Pats' O got, on 12 FEWER plays?  Which ref was the Pats' QB, NOT leading a scoring drive in the entire 4th Qtr? Which set of refs averaged a paultry 2.3 YPC rushing? Which refs played "Turnstile" on the O Line?

Funny thing aboiut game officials....... Obviously, when our team is the beneficiary of "questionable calls", we say very little, giving all credit to the exhaulted hime team. But, when THEY are a strong adn viable contributor to a loss, we instead look towards the refs. I saw nothng that the refs called that they didn't call against the Ravens too. Funny how a stadium filled with 71k+ folks will bring that to light.

Want to make the refs contribution to the game minimal? Hold on to two INT's, don't five up more yards in less plays, play smart, and don't take dumb penalties. In other words, don't put yourself in a position to have to rely on a 3rd party's decision (the refs) to see if you win or loose the game. Last night's 2nd half defense scared thet heck out of me. It was living a nightmare.... 2011's defense, Part Deux. Granny in heer wheelchair with a flat wheel is still running loose in the Pats' secondary! In watchung that mental midget that ran wild on the field, I chuckled to myself. The cops/security chasing him looked eriely like the Pats' D after another 15 yard cactch and run. Eventually the runner/Raven receicvers were caught, but Security gave up far less yardage.

The FG at the end? Sorry, but it was good. If the goal post was extended taller, there is a good chance that the ball may have hit, if not brushed the goalpost on the way by. Now, being truthful and credible Pats fans, we all know for a fact that every ball that hits a goalpost results in a failed attempt, right?

Plus, there's he intangible Raven fans. They seemed to WILL their team to victory. Something we hardly ever see at The RAZOR. Just saying....... 

I see multiple wins again for the Pats, but another empty playoff run, especially if TB keeps forgetting how to take control in the 4th Qtr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

500 yards was tainted. Terrible calls continued drives. Makes Defense looks worse, when they actually did their job.

No, Officials had big outcome in this game.

Agreed.  D played pretty well overall considering the circumstances. Their TEs did jack squat, Boldin didn't do anything, Rice played well, and Smith played well also, but you aren't winning on the road against a good team playing against the officials like that.

Not happening.  A well played road game was taken over by the refs and everyone saw it.

The D had zero sacks, Zero pressures and gave up 500 yards in offense. I am not sure I would catergorize that as playing "pretty well".

They were forced to play tentatively because of the refs. If they played bump and run, it was pass interference, if they made a great tackle it was a personal foul or late hit. The refs had it in for us all day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

500 yards was tainted. Terrible calls continued drives. Makes Defense looks worse, when they actually did their job.

What terrible calls allowed the Ravens to gain HUGE chunks of yards in the latter part of the game? What terrible calls allowed the Pats' secondary to drop two easy INT's, with both drives ending up in TD's? How do you possibly compute "Penalty Yards" into 500+ yards surrendered? How many of Flacco's 380+ passing yards were "tainted"?

McCourty undressed and did a cavity search on the Raven WR at the end of the game, for God's sake! Remember the "5 yard" rule for WR's and DB's? Funny, I saw a lot of Raven penaltys for the same thing. I think the mosr aggregious penalty NOT called was in the 1st Qtr when Eddleman got hammered in the head in teh end zone. THAT was a bad noncall.

Guess what? The more time a QB has to throw the ball, the more opportunity there is for defensive hold on the play. This isn't a new dynamic imported by the replacement refs. It's a fact, and has been happening since before the face mask was invented! Would we all be happy and content if the regular refs called the SAME game?

Chippines early in the game? Toss the hankies, or "let 'em play!" Gotta keep control of the game, while NOT being visible. Good luck with that one, seeing two well coached teams with long run playoff aspirations. Yes, calls like this happen to good teams too because they put themselves into position to have penalties called against them.

Knowing what they have to deal with until the regular refs come back, the Pats need to start playing smarted, knowing what they have to deal with. That is, if they know what they're dealing with. I'm not so sure they are....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

What terrible calls allowed the Ravens to gain HUGE chunks of yards in the latter part of the game? What terrible calls allowed the Pats' secondary to drop two easy INT's, with both drives ending up in TD's? How do you possibly compute "Penalty Yards" into 500+ yards surrendered? How many of Flacco's 380+ passing yards were "tainted"?

McCourty undressed and did a cavity search on the Raven WR at the end of the game, for God's sake! Remember the "5 yard" rule for WR's and DB's? Funny, I saw a lot of Raven penaltys for the same thing. I think the mosr aggregious penalty NOT called was in the 1st Qtr when Eddleman got hammered in the head in teh end zone. THAT was a bad noncall.

Guess what? The more time a QB has to throw the ball, the more opportunity there is for defensive hold on the play. This isn't a new dynamic imported by the replacement refs. It's a fact, and has been happening since before the face mask was invented! Would we all be happy and content if the regular refs called the SAME game?

Chippines early in the game? Toss the hankies, or "let 'em play!" Gotta keep control of the game, while NOT being visible. Good luck with that one, seeing two well coached teams with long run playoff aspirations. Yes, calls like this happen to good teams too because they put themselves into position to have penalties called against them.

Knowing what they have to deal with until the regular refs come back, the Pats need to start playing smarted, knowing what they have to deal with. That is, if they know what they're dealing with. I'm not so sure they are....

It was the refs basically letting McCourty know that if he played his regular style of great D, they would throw the flag for PI.  Hard to shut a team down when that's the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hmmm..... 28 completions to 8 different receivers, avg 14 YPC and 3 TD's. Yessiree, Bob, that Pats' defense was OUTSTANDING! I can only guess how they would have played if they were less than "on top" of their game!

Did you watch the game with both eyes or did you use The Force???????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I wanted the Pats to win as bad as any fan but McCourty can't continue to grab and shove receivers and expect the ref to ignore it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

"It was the refs basically letting McCourty know that if he played his regular style of great D, they would throw the flag for PI. Hard to shut a team down when that's the case."

Sorry, but using "McCourty" and "great D" in the same sentence is funny at best. Especially when you try to paint a picture that they Ravens were ONLY throwing to his side. Maybe you need to see how he practically undressed the Raven receiver late on the final drive.

But, let's look at the previous Raven possession resulting in a TD. They started on their own 8 yard line, moved the ball 92 yards in less than 3:30. Plays included: 12 yard cacth by Ruice, 6 yd rush by Rice, 21 yd catch by Jones, 5 yd catch by Pitta, ans 27 yd catch by Rice again. Sorry, but two 5 yard penalties on 2nd down, even thiugh they resulted in first downs, don't qualify as "drive killers". The way teh Ravens were marching the ball downfield, they probaby would have scored without the "aid" of these two 5 yard penalties.   

This drive plus the final possession were thing Brady USED to do when it was cruch time. It was inrteresting to see this type of old Brady-esque performance by someone other than Brady, or Eli. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

AZPAT.....are you really a Pats fan?...........seems like you want to squelch any are argument that supports the Pats complaint. If this was such a fair game....why are all the talking heads discussing the officiating of this game today. What is your opinion on the measurement play and the subsequent first down from that stretch out of bounds? Was that a first down in your opinion? That was the worst call of the game in my opinion ....and a momentum changer. I do though support your premise that the D just couldn't stop much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

its the same all over the league.the players and coaches all know it.so,offensive linemen grab and hold every play.defensive backs the same.it only helps the weaker teams,because with the refs allowing everything or calling weird stuff,the playing field is totally levelled.just look at whats happening to all the other good teams too.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"Penalties on road teams are up, an early sign that the refs are trying to appease crowds and coaches." -- Dan Wetzel

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yes, all teams grab and hold, some worse than others and it's a joke when they call holding.

The refs let last nights game get out of hand early by not throwing some flags and/or maybe throwing someone out of the game.  But I'll still take these guys over the ones locked out.  They definately are crooked.  I'm sure everyone notices that most if not all of the "elite" teams are getting beat.  With Goodells locked out refs that doesn't happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

Yes, all teams grab and hold, some worse than others and it's a joke when they call holding.

The refs let last nights game get out of hand early by not throwing some flags and/or maybe throwing someone out of the game.  But I'll still take these guys over the ones locked out.  They definately are crooked.  I'm sure everyone notices that most if not all of the "elite" teams are getting beat.  With Goodells locked out refs that doesn't happen.

Wait...what?

So Tampa Bay was always a bad team because of the refs?  And Cleveland?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

This was the worst officatiated NFL game I have ever seen. The Ravens seemed to understand what was happening from the get go and were holding all over the field for the entire contest. Bad calls went both ways to be sure, but the Patriots got the worst of it because the Ravens made this a street fight and nothing was being done to stop them. Patriots receivers were being mugged all game long. 

With that said, there were lots of issues. 

Danny Woodhead is not a full time back and if they want to continue to feed him as if he was the running game is going to go into the toilet. 

Josh McDaniels is clearly trying to create a balanced offense, but this team has left a ton of points on the field already. It honestly feels as if they are trying to score fewer points. WAY too conservative. This team has a lot of weapons - use them. 

Way too many dropped balls so far. Not all of the throws have been perfect, and Lloyd especially has made some great grabs, but as an NFL receiver you need to catch balls thrown in your vicinity. 

The Pats continue to be weak at the CB position. 

The Brian Waters loss has been a huge blow to the O line. 

Aaron Hernandez takes the Pats offense from Good/Very Good to Very Good/Great. His skill set is unique enough that he is not really replaceable. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I didn't name the elite teams because everyone knows who they are if they watch football  No Cleveland and TB and Detroit are not elite teams.  I think you can put the Pats in with the Old Colts, Denver, San Fran, GB, NYG and NO and say they get calls other teams don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Some folks posted it was a "union issue". That's nonsense it is a "competence issue" and the replacement refs have been awful since Day 1. Last night they seemed to panic in the face of a passionate crowd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well when 2 of Baltimore TD are a direct result of the Refs keeping drives alive on phantom call, then yes it is one the wrost officiated games ever along with the 2006 ACF championship game and the Steelers and Seahawks Super Bowl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joeyff. Show Joeyff's posts

Yes, the officiating has been putrid---look at the call in the Detroit-Tennessee game,

spotting the ball 12 yards ahead of where it was supposed to be,

the fines levied on Coaches Fox and DelRio, and the replacements' total lack of knowledge

of rules (five yards being tacked on at the end of an offside on a punt).

These guys are in over their heads....however

The biggest issue for the Patriots was the woeful play of their secondary, especially 

Arrington and McCorty. The owners of the teams should be faulted along with Commissioner

Goodell for their willingness to put forth an inferior product. I am very concerned about

player safety. There have been some savage hits and players should be concerned

about their physical safety. Once again, greed rules!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Coaches Fox and DelRio should have been fined.  They were obnixious.  Jim Harbaugh too. And look for BB to get fined for grabbing at the ref last night after the game.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

the Pats deserved every one of the penalties on the defense.  but the refs let the ravens hold almost every play.

Holding is one thing, but horse- collaring your man from behind is hard to miss. If we saw it on tv in real time, how could the officials miss it when they're standing right next to it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Joey Crawford, trying to make some quick change, "officiated" (cheated)  the Pats-Ravens game.  Can you guess which way the calls went?  Another bad day, Joey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

That field goal was wide right........ phantom pass interference calls on McCourty... this was BS.  They didn't throw a single flag in the first half and must have received a call at the half to get involved because they threw a flag on every play in the 2nd.  BS!

+1

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

THANKS for your "objective" discourse about Pats' fans.  Seems you took your queue from what you read in Jets forums and the whining that goes on there!

Sections
Shortcuts