Re: Worst Pat's defense ever?
posted at 10/3/2011 3:48 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Worst Pat's defense ever?
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst Pat's defense ever? : How many possessions do you expect a D to look good defending per game?
1) Against the Raid-uhs or a REAL team? Pick any team. It has got to be better than 500+ yards, and being DFL in defense.
How many INTs do you expect our D to bail our QB out on? 2-3 INT's a game?
2) I give Brady a big chunk of blame in the Bills game, but needed to share it with that "still learning" defense. If the D played like a #1 team's should, Brady's INT's against an inferior opponent wouldn't be so glaring; only in his peesonal stats.
6 3 and outs per game?
3) 3 and outs? I have no problem with any team chewing up the clock on a 7 plsay, 37 yard "drive" that results in a punt. But, 30 yard chunks against a passing D my dead Grandma could start and STAR on is NOT good. (Not even the '85 Bears or the vaunted Ravens are 1000% on third down. But, giving up a 62% success rate? Gimme a break!
What is your barometer and expectation? Tell us.
4) My expectations? Play a good SOUND defensive play. I have no problem with giving up 300 yards a game, keeping the score under 21, and limiting time of possession to no more than 50/50 (assuming Brady and the Offense keep scoring). Having he D find a backbone somewhere on the field besides inside the 5 yard line or at the goal line. How about keeping the opposing offense betweens the 30's as much as possible, knowing that they will eventually break throuigh some time during the game.
Why is a phantom PI call on Sergio Brown with a pass rush and a Barrett INT held against our D?!! Why?!
5) Maybe, just maybe (and I may be going out on the limb here), Brown PLAYS DEFENSE!!!! DUH!
Why do people ignore what actually happens and then just only reference bloated stats that don't even tie into the game and how it unfolded?
6) The same reason other folks keep their rose colored glasses on, sipping the Inproving Defense Punch, oblivious to what's happening on the field. The undeniable fact is this: No team with a DFL defense EVER won the NFL championship. EVER! If you believe this defense is good, by virtue of a 14-2 record last season (same defense we're seeing; maybe worse), please explain your happiness with game #17 the last two seasons. THAT could be interesting. This poor defense is creating a mortgage that the Great Brady may not be able to pay.
Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]