Worst Sunday Sports page of the Year

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Worst Sunday Sports page of the Year

To exemplify your point the only thing I was looking forward to checking into this morning is the first mountain stage of the Tour DeFrance.I'm hurting Bad. I was just talking about training camp and the Start of college Football with my Brother. I can't wait for that first Saturday afternoon with a six pack, a giant Italian sub and a bag of Doritos.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

At least World Cup Soccer mercifully ends today...and sportswriters and sports reporters can finally get back to covering "real" sports, that Americans actually care about. 

God...how I'll miss those thrilling 1-0 soccer games!!! LOL!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Worst Sunday Sports page of the Year:
    I know we are in the doldrums of summer, but this has to be the absolute worst edition of Globe Sports for the entire year...it's a bowl of nothingness topped off with chopped chicken sh*t.....it makes "The Decision" look good in comparison....Patriots training camp can't get here fast enough...The Red Sox? HA!...It can't get worst than this...oh wait, the freakin' World Cup...yeppers, this is the worst sports week of the summer.....I might actually go out, as in OUTSIDE, maybe even take a walk...DAMN!
    Posted by jfaust1954

Maybe it's time for someone to write a lengthy article on God's gift to mankind, Tony Dungy...LOL!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm in Germany, so I actually committed myself to going to a bar to watch the Germany Spain soccer game.  I was thinking that given the right commitment and the right atmosphere I might find this sport fun.  The strange thing about professional soccer is how similiar it is to grade school soccer.  The ball just bouncing around and switching posessions constantly because nobody can really keep control of it, rarely coming close to the goal.  Anyway, the beer was good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

In Response to Worst Sunday Sports page of the Year:
    .....I might actually go out, as in OUTSIDE, maybe even take a walk...DAMN!

STOP!!!   Don't Do It, JFaust!

You know nothing good will come of it and all it is, is a slippery slope to harder drugs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Funny, people are tired of 1-0 Soccer matches, but in football most games are usually 21-14. That's just 3-2 if we counted by ones instead of sevens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Sunday Sports page of the Year:
    Funny, people are tired of 1-0 Soccer matches, but in football most games are usually 21-14. That's just 3-2 if we counted by ones instead of sevens. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

On average there are 43 points a game scored in the NFL.  But there are field goals as well, which means ther are typically 7 to 9 scores per game. Or a score every 8 minutes.  But, I get your point and I'm not really trying to bag on Soccer or it's fans.  It's not my thing, it's not really about the scoring because basketball games have a ton of scoring and aren't as popular in America as football.

The funny thing to me is that people say Americans are ignorant on this, they just don't understand the sport and need constant scoring to keep our short attention spans.  The reality is America is the sports mecca of the world (The premier professionals come here to play in sports).  Most of us grew up playing soccer in school or some league, we understand the game and it's rules.  On the other hand people in foreign countries have no clue about American football so couldn't really make an intelligent argument as to whether it is a better sport or not. 

Believe it or not, Americans are not the ignorant ones here.  We know about soccer, and still most of us choose to follow something else.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We need NEGame to start posting her "hot"pictures again to liven this place up

Sections
Shortcuts