Would anyone care...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

Would anyone care...

If I killed myself?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Would anyone care...

If nobody other than me answers your cry for help, I guess you've got your answer....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Would anyone care...:
    If I killed myself?
    Posted by IndyIove

Look, I'll be perfectly and openly honest wit you right here...  I WANT to care...I really and trully in my deepest of heart and soul's desire want to care.  Heck, I've had the feeling that I wished I was dead a million times in my life.  I've got serious depression, and before I was diagnosed with it I was attempting to deal with my depression through any thing and every thing... When working my #ss of at jobs and working out 24-7, and jumping from relationship to relationship every second, and reading and diving into my love for knowledge in every great literary work, eventually failed to keep me busy enough to keep out the dark depressive thoughts of self-doubt and hatred during the wee hours of the night, I turned to drinking...which turned to oxycotin use...which turned to the desire to work out less...which turned to alienating my friends and either not caring or not having the time or just not feeling good enough to even go outside or even pick up a phone...which turned to the sloth-like complacency to stay at the same cr#ppy job and stay in the same cr#ppy relationship...

THEN, I was finally diagnosed with depression.  Unfortunately now ("then"), I've got a sh#tty girlfriend or no girlfriend, I'm lookin' like sh#t, I'm a drug addict and alky, I turn my gaze when seeing words on a passing billboard (so reading a book's probably out), I got bills and I need my sh#tty job that I hate, I have like 1 or none friends left...so life's finally lookin' up now that I have to face THESE issues along WITH my now diagnossed depression.  So, what I mean to say in the midst of all of this, Is that I, I unlike a great many persons who haven't gone through these depressive and self-destructing issues, am because I can, really in a place to feel for you, hear your cries, and emphathize with your pain...b/c I've had it in the past, and am still dealing with it now.

But see, here's the rub:  Again, I want TO care...I desperately do...I even should.  But I don't.  Not that there's anything wrong with you...I'm just too tired and lazy to really lift a helping hand.  Like when I recently failed to respond to BDC poster's Davedsone's statement after I sided with Harley in their shouting match, after failing to realize that some of these guys's statements were deleted by the mods, so I didn't get 1 bit of what was happening between the 2 guys, and I just thought Davedsone was the total aggressor...Davvedsone wrote back that he wasn't posting on here any longer.  And see, being a kind & caring person with a bleeding (gushing) heart upon seeing pained sentiments and suffering by ANY being, I didn't want that to happen.  But again, I was too lazy at the time to get on the keyboard to write: "Please don't go. We like you."

So, I care.  I just don't wanna- not that I don't wanna...I just don't care about actually DOING anything (about caring about you).  Hopefully though, this alone might make you mad enough at human desires to not wanna kill yourself (I still won't care though).  But see, if it helps you any....In My OWN struggles, I didn't kill myself b/c God's dead and the afterlife doesn't exist.  So the notion of dealing with totally sh#tty reality vs non-being- Well, nonbeing doesn't sound too fun. 

If it helps further: Remember that ya can listen to some beautiful music to hear other people's pained sorrow- Personally here, I'd reccomend: Candlebox's "Far behind," The Cranberries "Linger," Everclear's "I will buy you a garden" and "Local God," Hum "Stars," Smashing Pumpkin's "1979" and "Today," Lisa Loeb's "Stay," Soundgarden's "Burden in my hand," Blink 182's "Adam's Song," The Strokes "last night," Weezer's "In the garage," Silverchair's "Tommorow," and The Toadies "Possum Kingdom (so help me jesus)," Cracker's "low," and Spacehog's "In the meantime." ALL good sounding emotion filled & very mostly forgotten hit songs from my gen, to come out a more fulfilled person.  Always Marley for inspiration ("three little birds," "No woman no cry," "Buffalo Soldier," "redemption Song," "Is this the love." 

Also, as a final note I really feel I must add:  First-Don't think too much about poverty, drug use, friendlessness, overpopulation, or the NFL lockout.  Secondly, Please...please- IF you kill yourself:  Do NOT tell me.  Because although I don't wa- CARE enough to help, I CAN-NOT have your death on my conscience  (you asking for help & me not giving it=Let's not start making a close association between these 2 premises, o.k.?).   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I second what Laz said .

Been there...done that.

Stay Alive .

Ps I 'll add Neil Youngs "Train of Love " to the mix .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I actually think it would be kind of cool if you did. But is there anyway you could arrange for someone(I would say loved ones but I assume you dont have any,am I right?)to update us and tell us what went down how they found you and so forth? Thanks buddy.

P.s, Might I suggest autoerotic asphyxiation?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Ya just gotta remember what Tupac sang:

Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
    I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots
    I give a holler to my sisters on welfare
    Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care
    And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
    When you come around the block brothas clown a lot
    But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up
    Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up
    And when he tells you you ain't nuttin don't believe him
    And if he can't learn to love you you should leave him
    Cause sista you don't need him
    And I ain't tryin to gas ya up, I just call em how I see em

Aiyyo, I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing ta me
    He had me feelin like black was tha thing to be
    And suddenly tha ghetto didn't seem so tough
    And though we had it rough, we always had enough
    I huffed and puffed about my curfew and broke the rules
    Ran with the local crew, and had a smoke or two
    And I realize momma really paid the price
    She nearly gave her life, to raise me right
    And all I had ta give her was my pipe dream
    Of how I'd rock the mic, and make it to tha bright screen
    I'm tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents
    It's hard to be legit and still pay tha rent
    And in the end it seems I'm headin for tha pen
    I try and find my friends, but they're blowin in the wind

Last night my buddy lost his whole family
    It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity
    It seems tha rain'll never let up
    I try to keep my head up, and still keep from gettin wet up
    You know it's funny when it rains it pours
    They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor
    Say there ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is
    it ain't no hope for tha future
    And then they wonder why we crazy
    I blame my mother, for turning my brother into a crack baby
    We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup
    And even though you're fed up
    Huh, ya got to keep your head up

And uhh
    To all the ladies havin babies on they own
    I know it's kinda rough and you're feelin all alone
    Daddy's long gone and he left you by ya lonesome
    Thank the Lord for my kids, even if nobody else want em
    Cause I think we can make it, in fact, I'm sure
    And if you fall, stand tall and comeback for more
    Cause ain't nuttin worse than when your son
    wants to kno why his daddy don't love him no mo'
    You can't complain you was dealt this
    hell of a hand without a man, feelin helpless
    Because there's too many things for you to deal with
    Dying inside, but outside you're looking fearless
    While da tears, is rollin down your cheeks
    Ya steady hopin things don't fall down this week
    Cause if it did, you couldn't take it, and don't blame me
    I was given this world I didn't make it
    And now my son's getten older and older and cold
    From havin the world on his shoulders
    While the rich kids is drivin Benz
    I'm still tryin to hold on to my survivin friends
    And it's crazy, it seems it'll never let up, but
    please... you got to keep your head up

~But alright sheez, say even Pac fails ya... I'd like to add then that when I'm feelling at my lowest of lows, I can and do, Always turn to these lines in Shakespeare's Macbeth for hopefully exuberance:

MACBETH
    Wherefore was that cry?

SEYTON
    The queen, my lord, is dead.

MACBETH
    She should have died hereafter;
    There would have been a time for such a word.
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing

If THAT doesn't pick ya up, I'm just at a loss here...(notice: I did Macbeth in Jets green but Pac was in Colts blue...I've now totally exhausted how far my efforts can go these days).  Better not kill yourself for me even going as far as I have so far...good god, I'm ready for bed & I should get a nobel peace prize for my efforts to help thus far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

If you're still alive, here:
    At least listen to 3 of the songs I offered up...

Listen to this song for sheer beauty (the youtube poster did so good):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmqPnHMzepM

Then, listen to this forgotten gem from my generation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kyxEmQItE

Then finally, this vid and song always sorta cheers me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvRVXem_Lg

It pretty much shows ALL one would really want outta life:  Learning to box, defending a planet against some outside civilaztion, getting into steamy relationships while stuck on a battleship, a little drinking, Oh-and flying spaceships fast too.  In alot of ways I'm already here...  Hopefully it'll make you a little less thoughtful and a lil' more st#pid happy and numb (as the lyrics suggest). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care...:
    If you're still alive, here: At least listen to 3 of the songs I offered up... Listen to this song for sheer beauty (the youtube poster did so good): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmqPnHMzepM Then, listen to this forgotten gem from my generation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kyxEmQItE Then finally, this vid and song always sorta cheers me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvRVXem_Lg It pretty much shows ALL one would really want outta life:  Learning to box, defending a planet against some outside civilaztion, getting into steamy relationships while stuck on a battleship, a little drinking, Oh-and flying spaceships fast too.  In alot of ways I'm already here...  Hopefully it'll make you a little less thoughtful and a lil' more st#pid happy and numb (as the lyrics suggest). 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

God certainly exists Laz.. you have to find him.... I can't tell you how, but if you really want to find him you can.   Doubting his existance is the beginning to finding him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : God certainly exists Laz.. you have to find him.... I can't tell you how, but if you really want to find him you can.   Doubting his existance is the beginning to finding him. 
    Posted by Getzo

Shall I say, I have gone at dusk through narrow streets
    And watched the smoke that rises from the pipes
    Of lonely men in shirt-sleeves, leaning out of windows?...

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
    Scuttling across the floors of silent seas

Because:

BEFORE THE LAW stands a doorkeeper. To this door-keeper there comes a man from the country and prays for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot grant admittance at the moment. The man thinks it over and then asks if he will be allowed in later. "It is possible," says the doorkeeper, "but not at the moment." Since the gate stands open, as usual, and the doorkeeper steps to one side, the man stoops to peer through the gateway into the interior. Observing that, the doorkeeper laughs and says: "If you are so drawn to it, just try to go in despite my veto. But take note: I am powerful. And I am only the least of the door-keepers. From hall to hall there is one doorkeeper after another, each more powerful than the last. The third doorkeeper is already so terrible that even I cannot bear to look at him." These are difficulties the man from the country has not expected; the Law, he thinks, should surely be accessible at all times and to everyone, but as he now takes a closer look at the doorkeeper in his fur coat, with his big sharp nose and long, thin, black Tar-tar beard, he decides that it is better to wait until he gets permission to enter. The doorkeeper gives him a stool and lets him sit down at one side of the door. There he sits for days and years. He makes many at-tempts to be admitted, and wearies the doorkeeper by his importunity. The doorkeeper frequently has little interviews with him, asking him questions about his home and many other things, but the questions are put indifferently, as great lords put them, and always finish with the statement that he cannot be let in yet. The man, who has furnished himself with many things for his journey, sacrifices all he has, however valuable, to bribe the doorkeeper. The doorkeeper accepts every- thing, but always with the remark: "I am only taking it to keep you from thinking you have omitted any- thing." During these many years the man fixes his at-tention almost continuously on the doorkeeper. He for- gets the other doorkeepers, and this first one seems to him the sole obstacle preventing access to the Law. He curses his bad luck, in his early years boldly and loudly, later, as he grows old, he only grumbles to himself. He becomes childish, and since in his yearlong contempla-tion of the doorkeeper he has come to know even the fleas in his fur collar, he begs the fleas as well to help him and to change the doorkeeper's mind. At length his eyesight begins to fail, and he does not know whether the world is really darker or whether his eyes are only deceiving him. Yet in his darkness he is now aware t of a radiance that streams inextinguishably from the gateway of the Law. Now he has not very long to live. Before he dies, all his experiences in these long years gather themselves in his head to one point, a ques-tion he has not yet asked the doorkeeper. He waves him nearer, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The doorkeeper has to bend low towards him, for the difference in height between them has altered much to the man's disadvantage. "What do you want to know now?" asks the doorkeeper; "you are insati-able." "Everyone strives to reach the Law," says the man, "so how does it happen that for all these many years no one but myself has ever begged for admit-tance?" The doorkeeper recognizes that the man has reached his end, and to let his failing senses catch the words roars in his ear: "No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Indylove- you are one of Gods creatures so I care. However if your one of those unemployed fools who collects welfare, food stamps, SSI, a free cell phone, has the government pay for your girlfriends abortion, then by all means feel free to leave this world. If you have a job, stay and continue to pay taxes, alot of Dems are counting on you to continue there free ride.

P.S. Just kidding, life is never so bad that its worth dying for. Dont worry Peyton will re-sign and you'll be feeling better again!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

If you're still alive, here: At least listen to 3 of the songs I offered up... Listen to this song for sheer beauty (the youtube poster did so good): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmqPnHMzepM Then, listen to this forgotten gem from my generation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kyxEmQItE Then finally, this vid and song always sorta cheers me up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvRVXem_Lg It pretty much shows ALL one would really want outta life:  Learning to box, defending a planet against some outside civilaztion, getting into steamy relationships while stuck on a battleship, a little drinking, Oh-and flying spaceships fast too.  In alot of ways I'm already here...  Hopefully it'll make you a little less thoughtful and a lil' more st#pid happy and numb (as the lyrics suggest). 

"If your still alive, here;"    hahahaha Laz you had me laughing out loud at this post! Thanks for the interesting reading!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

I you want...dont stay alive and make others discuss this with you..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

I you want...dont stay alive and make others discuss this with you..
    Posted by fishers5

Hey all, I posted that last night when i was really drunk.  I am a regular board member here, this was just a joke name I made up a long time ago and i used it to protect my identity.  not sure what I expected. I do greatly appriciate the kind words, especially you laz.  I guess this was a desperate cry for attention, but i am honseltly in the worst place i have ever been in my life.  Im not going to kill myself.  I just want to scream and scream.  I know this is totally not the place for this, sorry to you all.  

Just wanted to let those of you who responeded that Im still breathing.

There are good people out there.  I used to think I was one of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Hey all, I posted that last night when i was really drunk.  I am a regular board member here, this was just a joke name I made up a long time ago and i used it to protect my identity.  not sure what I expected. I do greatly appriciate the kind words, especially you laz.  I guess this was a desperate cry for attention, but i am honseltly in the worst place i have ever been in my life.  Im not going to kill myself.  I just want to scream and scream.  I know this is totally not the place for this, sorry to you all.   Just wanted to let those of you who responeded that Im still breathing. There are good people out there.  I used to think I was one of them.
    Posted by IndyIove

Do not in any way, shape, or form, feel guilty Indy~.  Perceived & greatly imagined guilt for any ridiculously perceived wrongdoing, just saps your soul...  Man, my mind wanders around guilt from mean sh#t I said when I was in 3rd grade to another classmate, and how awful I must have made the resta their life turning out...If that doesn't work, I start making cr#p up about potentially misunderstood conversations...and if THIS doesn't work I start making up misunderstandings which left people feeling bad in conversations that never happened, but COULDA happened.  Dear god, I still haven't figured out exactly how to toe that fine line between remaining lowly, humble, and unassuming, And to do this with-OUT using this yoke of beating myself up through some form of original sin that I can't even explain (WhatTF)...

Also...ya can't go it alone.  Trust me, I'm tryin' and it ain't workin'.  As some form of respite or simple relief, You really need to place your ego-self into some other object-ego, or larger whole...At least for an hour a day (that's the basic cutoff line=1 hour each day, you need to have a conversation with another, or feel the belonging of some group).  Maybe this is why The Nazi's were so happy...  So remember, think:  "Happy like a Nazi."  Oh yea...but, "Guilt-free like a monk."  Yea, lol...hit me back if you can make that work out.  Same thing with charity:  You'll never feel better except through some act of charity (you'll eventually come to terms that even ridiculously unmeaningful acts of charity & feelings of belonging trump the escapist bliss found from artificial substances...I sorta wish it didn't though).  Oh yea, but then ya still gotta go home and flail yourself so as not to get too high on your good deed.  Finally...don't tell anyone I said this, and g#dd#mit, don't compliment me...I don't wanna have to deal with the reciprocal guilt that'll have to entail.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Do not in any way, shape, or form, feel guilty Indy~.  Perceived & greatly imagined guilt for any ridiculously perceived wrongdoing, just saps your soul...  Man, my mind wanders around guilt from mean sh#t I said when I was in 3rd grade to another classmate, and how awful I must have made the resta their life turning out...If that doesn't work, I start making cr#p up about potentially misunderstood conversations...and if THIS doesn't work I start making up misunderstandings which left people feeling bad in conversations that never happened, but COULDA happened.  Dear god, I still haven't figured out exactly how to toe that fine line between remaining lowly, humble, and unassuming, And to do this with-OUT using this yoke of beating myself up through some form of original sin that I can't even explain (WhatTF)... Also...ya can't go it alone.  Trust me, I'm tryin' and it ain't workin'.  As some form of respite or simple relief, You really need to place your ego-self into some other object-ego, or larger whole...At least for an hour a day (that's the basic cutoff line=1 hour each day, you need to have a conversation with another, or feel the belonging of some group).  Maybe this is why The Nazi's were so happy...  So remember, think:  "Happy like a Nazi."  Oh yea...but, "Guilt-free like a monk."  Yea, lol...hit me back if you can make that work out.  Same thing with charity:  You'll never feel better except through some act of charity (you'll eventually come to terms that even ridiculously unmeaningful acts of charity & feelings of belonging trump the escapist bliss found from artificial substances...I sorta wish it didn't though).  Oh yea, but then ya still gotta go home and flail yourself so as not to get too high on your good deed.  Finally...don't tell anyone I said this, and g#dd#mit, don't compliment me...I don't wanna have to deal with the reciprocal guilt that'll have to entail.

just wanted to let you know your words were heard

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

If I killed myself?
    Posted by IndyIove

UD...It's not that serious man! I hope your joking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If I killed myself?
    Posted by IndyIove

Whether you are serious or not, being somebody that has had to cope with the loss of a close friend that committed suicide, I can tell you that yes, somebody would care. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Hey all, I posted that last night when i was really drunk.  I am a regular board member here, this was just a joke name I made up a long time ago and i used it to protect my identity.  not sure what I expected. I do greatly appriciate the kind words, especially you laz.  I guess this was a desperate cry for attention, but i am honseltly in the worst place i have ever been in my life.  Im not going to kill myself.  I just want to scream and scream.  I know this is totally not the place for this, sorry to you all.   Just wanted to let those of you who responeded that Im still breathing. There are good people out there.  I used to think I was one of them.
    Posted by IndyIove

Nevermind...You are joking. I'll share this with you. I once called a girlfriend (ex-girlfriend now) while I was extremely inebriated and got all emotional when she jokingly stated something that I did not want to hear. I can't really recall what it was but had I been sober I probably would not have reacted the way I did.  In my drunken emotional state, I went out with the fellas and met a new girl which later on, I was caught with that very same girl by the ex.  Not sure what the moral of that story was but alcohol does not really solve anything. lol 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Nevermind...You are joking. I'll share this with you. I once called a girlfriend (ex-girlfriend now) while I was extremely inebriated and got all emotional when she jokingly stated something that I did not want to hear. I can't really recall what it was but had I been sober I probably would not have reacted the way I did.  In my drunken emotional state, I went out with the fellas and met a new girl which later on, I was caught with that very same girl by the ex.  Not sure what the moral of that story was but alcohol does not really solve anything. lol 
    Posted by Rodimus77

I am not joking.  Honsetly thoough, I was drunk when I posted it, and I regret it.  It has no place on this board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

And apologies to UD.  Wasnt tryint to impersenate you.  Well not this time at least.  I created the account a long time ago

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Nevermind...You are joking. I'll share this with you. I once called a girlfriend (ex-girlfriend now) while I was extremely inebriated and got all emotional when she jokingly stated something that I did not want to hear. I can't really recall what it was but had I been sober I probably would not have reacted the way I did.  In my drunken emotional state, I went out with the fellas and met a new girl which later on, I was caught with that very same girl by the ex.  Not sure what the moral of that story was but alcohol does not really solve anything. lol 
    Posted by Rodimus77

Ya might wanna amend this just a tidbit...  While in college, yes=Alcohol solves nearly everything.  After college=No...not a d#mn thing.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : I am not joking.  Honsetly thoough, I was drunk when I posted it, and I regret it.  It has no place on this board.
    Posted by IndyIove

Indy.Hope you never try to end it all. I've been there and almost ended it all, but remembering all of those family members and friends It would hurt, brought me to my senses. No apology needed. If you need professional help, please find it. After three years of unemployment I still fight my daily battles with depression, but I'm recovering slowly.

Hetchinspete.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Would anyone care... : Hey Q, when O is re-elected in 2012 I'll send you a big high-five. Republicans love war, greed and Jesus. bye now
    Posted by JintsFan

LOL Obama will never be re-elected! He has already bankrupted your grandkids and great-grandkids! And Republicans love war, greed, and Jesus? Whats wrong with that? I believe your entitled to whatever you WORK for in your life.

Sections
Shortcuts