Would Belichick Consider jumping to Detroit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Padron. Show Padron's posts

You have way too much time on your hands

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think Belicheck just has a lot of history with that club man thats it, i think BB will retire a Pat. He loves the Lion cause that is where his dad played as a pro for one season as a FB and he coached there for a while too i think and BB also coached there in the beginning but was fired after one year. He also likes to talk about the Giants cause of his fond memorys with that club and if you ask him about Roger Stabuck or Navy at all he will open up about all that stuff too. BB has a few weak spots that if you bring them up he will actually open up and enjoy talking about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

At his age the last thinghe wants to do is take on a cluster like the Lions. It starting from all the way down and rebuilding. Like getting rid of the concession people rebuilding...I just don't see it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

I think you make some good points, and the Lions are definately a special team to Belichick. I think if there is one positive from spygate it is that Belichick is even more firmly entrenched in NE than ever before. I don't think he wants to move anyplace else at this point so I think we're safe here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Belicheck is a coach in the form of his father through and through and his dad spent like 60 years coaching at Navy or some crazy number like that, he is a strong beleaver in finding a team and sticking with it. Have you ever read his book? It is very insightful and well writen. I dont think Belicheck will leave this team i think he will retire as head coach of the NE Patriots but you do have a lot of good points i just dont see him leaving for anything. He is allowed to run this team the way he wants to and unlike Parcells has no desire to be anything but a head coach or at least that is what he has said in the past. If he does go to a team as a GM or a president it will be here, i mean in his off time the guy lives in Nantuckit, he went to prep school here and college he loves this part of teh country i really dont see him leaving NE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Re: Would Belichick Consider jumping to Detroit?

If anything, I'd say Navy.  Guys are inherantly disciplined and can take direction.

I don't think he's looking to go anywhere untill after this latest reclamation project is done.  Give it another shot at another run.  But, I'm one of those people who thinks he's gone when brady's gone, so in my eyes we have another 5-6 year window before he rides off into the sunset.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

What did I say?...Tell me, what did I do to cause you to treat me with this much disrepect starting a thread like this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While I don't think it will happen anytime soon, maybe later on in his career he will consider take a job there much like Parcells has taken with the Dolphins.

Your post was an interesting to read.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

Steve Belichick never coached for the Lions.  He was an equipment manager for a short period of time after he graduated from college.  Then he did play RB for them during one season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I think that Detroit is a great project for Parcells. Just imagine the legacy he would leave if he could make them a playoff team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Nope.  Bill went to prep school and college here in New England and has deep roots here.  There's a reason why he dumped the Jets for the opportunity to join the Pats.  Plus, the good relationship he and Kraft have can't be underestimated.  Bill loves the New England area and we're stuck with him...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The day Belichick leaves the Patriots is the day he retires from the game of football.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

How about no...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Would Belichick Consider jumping to Detroit?:
    [QUOTE]The day Belichick leaves the Patriots is the day he retires from the game of football.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

True, i don't see him ever pulling a parcells and jumping from team to team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

I would also guess Bill is going to ride it out here until Brady's time is done.

I think Bill has done a solid job of rebuilding so far and really think we are headed into another special run here. I have a feeling we all feel pretty good about this group by the end of the season, and even better about the resources (draft pics, trade options etc..)the team has in the off season. I feel that football will be played next season, but I do understand how a lot of folks are worried about it. But, with unemployment at close to 10%, I have to feel the players and owners will want to stay away from a huge battle.

Lets just keep in mind that Brady going down in the first game of 2008 has really made the rebuilding process seem longer and worse than it should have been. If Brady does not go down, tell me how many wins the Pats get with that 2008schedule? They were set to challenge for a Super Bowl. The team was so good, they won 11 games with a guy who never started at QB! Last season was gonna be the beginning of the change, but we were just VERY unlucky. We were one play in the Super Bowl and one injury from Brady away from what might have been just a crazy run. How many regular season wins in a row could it have been etc... Not trying to put on the rose colored glasses, but 2 plays basically had a drastic change on how we look at the past 3-5 years of this franchise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

Maybe to Buffalo, San Fran, St. Louis maybe even Indianapolis!!!

Your kidding, right? unless they want to pay him $30 mill a season, He might jump and move all the PATS players.

Not going to happen.  He will retire as one of the greatest coach of the NFL and the Patriots.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]
    I have read nothing on this nor heard any rumors who the Lions are looking at, just bringing up something i remembered from 2006 when the Lions came to Foxborough[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I have read nothing on this nor heard any rumors who the Lions are looking at[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I have read nothing on this nor heard any rumors[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I have read nothing nor heard[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]nothing [/QUOTE]