would Bill Belichick ever allow this---

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

would Bill Belichick ever allow this---

49ers, Ravens let family and friends attend Saturday practices

Ray Rice, Margaret Rosburg, Alison Harbaugh AP

As the 49ers and Ravens had their final Super Bowl practices on Saturday at the Superdome, both Harbaugh brothers allowed players and coaches to bring their friends and families along, on the theory that the most important thing at this late point is to keep the players loose for the game.

“Get a stretch, get the blood moving a little bit,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh told pool reporter Matt Maiocco of the purpose of his team’s final practice. “And get some new blood going. Then, afterward, enjoy it with your family. Get some pictures and make it possible for everybody to come down to the Super Bowl field.”

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said family is important to him and important to his team.

“It’s the kind of foundation of everything we do,” Harbaugh told pool reporter Brian Allee-Walsh. “That has been the whole story line of the whole week. In a sense that’s how we did it growing up, when we were kids. We grew up around dad’s teams. Most of the time in the NFL it’s not that way. Most of the time there is the separation of families and it’s considered to be a distraction. I just think the opposite. For me, it’s a distraction when people are more worried about their families not being allowed to be a part of it. When the families are included, the kids get to the know the players, and I think guys have a better sense of well being. I think this is a good example of it right here.”

Both Harbaughs said their teams practiced well in New Orleans this week.

“The word I would use is effective,” John Harbaugh said. “We have been very effective. We’ve gotten everything we’ve needed to get done, that’s the No. 1 thing.”

Jim Harbaugh said his team’s Super Bowl week practices reflected the same focus they’ve shown all year.

“I feel good,” Harbaugh said. “The preparation has been outstanding, very focused. The players care about winning. They care about this team, and that’s complimentary to the players and the way their focus has been. And that’s not something that’s been just this week. That wasn’t just created this week. That’s been all season and the offseason. It speaks very highly of the players.”

Now the practices are over, and the game is just a day away.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: would Bill Belichick ever allow this---

Who cares.  Its their superbowl.  They're brothers.  They obviously have the same family.  They probably have some of the same friends. 

This has never happened before.  Ever. 

So give the family a break. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Both these teams have a veteran flavor so I think it fits for them.  Being the Pats are kinda on the young side of things I don't think he would.  It depends apon the curcumstances.  Having two brothers coaching the SB teams reeks of family so it fits well. 

Just curious.  Why the post?  Are you against it or out for opinion?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who knows, maybe next time he will.  Each time I think BB learns something after each expereince. We have heard where in 2007 they practice hard each practice and they were just worn out going into the SB.  I think BB made changes for last year to where they weren't like that.  So who know's next SB he may want to do this, I think it's good and helps the players relax a bit, not so up tight and enjoy the experience.  They are under a lot of pressure, some payers might be anxious and I think this allows them to take their mind off all the pressure they must feel and take a little break.  I'm sure they are back to being very focused right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he should. other coaches have caught up to BB. it's time for the master to see what others are doing and use some of those ideas.i think BB can keep winning 12 games a season, but lately he's not faired well in the last 3 big games that meant something

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Both these teams have a veteran flavor so I think it fits for them.  Being the Pats are kinda on the young side of things I don't think he would.  It depends apon the curcumstances.  Having two brothers coaching the SB teams reeks of family so it fits well. 

I'm not against it --I think it's great, but I don't think Belichick would even think of doing it. He seems to always have everything so hidden and so secret. it seems these coaches are allowing the players to enjoy themselves and the moment. and I'm wondering how others feel about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

I'm not against it --I think it's great, but I don't think Belichick would even think of doing it. He seems to always have everything so hidden and so secret. it seems these coaches are allowing the players to enjoy themselves and the moment. and I'm wondering how others feel about it.

i think its fine but u know the d*ckheads in the media-if one team plays poorly the yahoos on BSPN will try to start some bs by saying "gee having the family out there wasn't a good idea"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

your most intelligent post yet