Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB

This would be a İnteresting scenerio ?  ......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB

I think that he should not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He played here for about 1/4 of a season. I would guess that the players will vote him a 1/4 or 1/2 share of the SuperBowl Money but I don't see him getting a ring and if Moss has any pride he should turn it down if offered one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I don't know what protocol/criteria is for getting a ring, but if it were in keeping with either, i bet Mr. Kraft would definitely give him one.  He is such a classy guy.  Sometimes you can send a stronger message by being generous than being a jerk.

But, that being said, lets hope he needs to make this decision in the Spring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree that he would probably get a ring. Look at past history, any player that was on the roster, even the practice squad and IR, got a ring EVEN IF THEY NEVER PLAYED A SNAP ALL SEASON.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

A caller on 98.5 the sports hub called in the other day and asked this question. Felger said Absolutely. He said that the team would give him a ring since he was on the 2010 Patriots opening day roster, and it would be the 2010 Patriots winning the superbowl..Interesting stuff ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpnearstonybrook. Show jpnearstonybrook's posts

Did Terry Glenn get one in 2001?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yes, Kraft only had superlatives to say about Moss when Moss came to New England with the Vikings. 

He'll give it to Moss, BB would give it to Moss and Brady would speak on his behalf. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

As far as I am concerned, as long as we win the Super Bowl I would even give one to Sanchez......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's kinda like the game shows.  If you don't win you get "lovely parting gifts".  No ring for Randy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Did Terry Glenn get one in 2001?

Thank you. Moss was traded. Ring is null and void. Makes him in a different catagory then lets say Lee Bodden or Kevin Faulk. Lest say Kraft gives him one. After his speech about how much he loves it here whats to keep people like Childress from saying that Moss intentionally tanked so the Pats could win?

Personally I like Moss but Bob, Jonathan Kraft, Bill B and the Pats org don't owe Moss anything. Consider his 9M per as payment for his services.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I guess if they offer you a ring you take it, but what do you tell people?

"Check this out: This is the Super Bowl ring I got for acting like an assjack and getting myself shipped out of town, ultimately making the team better through my absence. I am a champion!"

Yeah.

I could picture Randy being cool with that.

Straight cash, Homie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB:
    I think that he should not.
    Posted by zbellino

Why not? It would be a classy thing to do. For the most part, Moss played well with the Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Cause he was traded. He's not part of the team. If you quit your job and went to a competetor would you still expect your xmas bonus from job 1?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

He gets a ring period. They went 3-1 with him on the team and he was traded. He was on the opening day roster so he was part of the 2010 season, even if he didn't make it the whole way through. It's a pretty common practice actually. Nomar got one from the Sox in 2004 and he was traded at the deadline in July. It doesn't mean as much to the player of course as they weren't truly a part of the winning the championship but ownership usually still extends the bling in circumstances like this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

playing till july is a lot longer then playing 4 games. Nomar wasn't a distraction either.

there was only one person who got a ring and didnt earn it. Do you know who that was?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Vladimir Putin

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

I don't think Terry Glenn is a fair comparison for this debate as Moss was never officially disciplined by the team. Was he traded, yes, but Glenn was deactivated by BB because of off the field issues after he essentially admitted to laying down on the job.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I say the guys that are with the team at the end deserve one. Do you give Tory Holt one too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Of course. He has to.  Anyone on a roster gets one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Cause he was traded. He's not part of the team. If you quit your job and went to a competetor would you still expect your xmas bonus from job 1?
    Posted by Philskiw

Moss didn't "quit his job and go to a competitor". He was traded. As the poster directly above correctly stated, Moss participated in 25% of the games this regular season for the Pats. He didn't bad mouth the team or management when he left. In fact, quite the contrary. 

Although I understand the argument that he's no longer part of the team, should the Pats win the SB, what's the harm in giving this sure-fire Hall of Fame WR a ring? A classy gesture like this resonates with other players around the league, who may one day be considering coming to the Patriots as free agents.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Did Terry Glenn get one in 2001? Thank you. Moss was traded. Ring is null and void. Makes him in a different catagory then lets say Lee Bodden or Kevin Faulk. Lest say Kraft gives him one. After his speech about how much he loves it here whats to keep people like Childress from saying that Moss intentionally tanked so the Pats could win? Personally I like Moss but Bob, Jonathan Kraft, Bill B and the Pats org don't owe Moss anything. Consider his 9M per as payment for his services.
    Posted by Philskiw

Did Glenn make the roster in 2001?  I don't remember.  If he did, he got one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

they settled with Holt, he is no longer a member of the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Nomar wasn't a distraction??? Hahaha... Do you remember him sitting on the bench refusing to play as Jeter took a face plant into the seats catching a foul ball? Nomar was a cancer in that lockerroom and that's why he was jettisoned!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'll pass on the Nomar arguement. so if that was the case they were wrong to give him one IMHO.

I remember seeing this question posted when Reiss was here in his mail bag. I don't have the link. But what he said was that the Owner has the choice of who gets a ring. The question pertained to which of the position coaches and equipment people get a ring. Answer was Bob Kraft gets to choose.

Sections
Shortcuts