Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB

First of all the odds any Patriot will get a ring this year aren't even 50 50.

But if it happens I think that at the least Kraft would seek the consent of BB, Brady and at the least the team captains.

As to whether or not he'd consider it an honor, an insult or charity to be turned down well...this is Moss we're talking about. You have as good achance as hitting the numbers as to guessing his reaction

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hell no

I respected Moss for three seasons and what he provided to the success of the team, but when he opened his trap after the bungles game, he disprected Kraft, BB, TB and the rest of the team, and the fans.

he deserves nothing else from the patriots

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Would Bob Kraft give Randy a ring İf the Pats win the SB:
    [QUOTE]Can you please point me to the part in that interview where he "disrespected Kraft, BB, TB, and the rest of the team, and the fans" cause I dont remember that ever happening. Pretty sure he didnt do anything of the sort and in fact the only issue with what he had to say that day was his timing and not what he said because he didnt really say anything bad about anyone.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

maybe he didn't say anything bad, but to go through his tirade like he did and bring the spotlight on his self pity aboout not getting paid and his crying that day was a complete shameful and disrespectful thing to do to the entire organization after a win.

like i said I was glad for the time he was here, but now I'm happier that the offense is putting on a clinic without him 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

holt is on IR so there is a chance that he gets one. I think it is sad that he doesn't have one based on his overall career performance.  As for moss I would give him one. He was on the roster at the beginning of the season, made it through camp and the first 4 weeks of the season, helped the rookie WR's who knows how much, and was a hell of a patriot who along with welker saved our 2008 season after brady went down, made for a fun 2007 (23 touchdowns) where we all thought he would have gotten one.  yes he was dogging BB earlier in the season but that was just because he was upset that he wasn't going to be resigned. he will go down as one of the most dangerous WR's in the history of the game and that deserves a SB ring.  (Not that i think he will need any help getting into the HOF) The big question is if we give him a ring, when he goes into the HOF will he enter as a Patriot being that his 2 biggest accomplishments came as a pat? (SB ring/performance, 23 touchdowns)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]The real question is would Randy want a ring he didnt earn? I know his haters will say yes he would but IMO he wouldnt want a super bowl ring unless he was on the team that won it.

I agree and plus this is a guy that has forced his way out of town as well. Factor in his sharp downward spiral and I think he'd be too embarrassed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Moss would already have his ring if fukcing asante held onto that ball!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Moss would already have his ring if fukcing asante held onto that ball!!!!
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

oh man, i agree but remembering that, just bummed me out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Heck he's earned a ring just by leaving! Let alone fetching a third round draft pick in the process. While he was here the Patriots were mired in the throw the ball to Randy mode,but once he left this team came to life. In my opinion he's earned a ring by subtracting his presence and making this team a team again. Of course this is all subjective because the Patriots still ahve to win the Super Bowl and in order to do that they will need to keep winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]He just wanted a contract before the lock out and so he put on a full court press but he did so with out insulting the team or acting like a T.O.

That's the crux of the problem. he went about it the wrong way and it alienated alot of people, i'm sure teammates, and fans. he lost the patriot way

honestly it's terrible to see the self inflicted chaos he has brought upon himself this season, and he is "Woody" the guy who called in on the Tenn radio station, it just adds more to the chaos

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

All in all Moss was a good soldier. You cannot argue with his production in his three full seasons. But the game is a business, and he did what he felt was necessary. He never badmouthed the team. The closest thing he said to that extent was that he thought he wasn't appreciated. And by that he was referring to salary. His contract was in the last year, too. We all came down on Branch four years ago for being greedy (he still had a year left at the time), but now we're all happy to see him back. Let Moss have a ring. It won't have the sentimental value like the others' rings will. And as for the cost, it's chump change to an NFL team! And as sportsbozo said, his leaving jumpstarted this new offense which is pretty much unstoppable. You also have to think he helped some of the rookies in the offseason. If I were a player and was asked to vote on it I'd say let him have it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Holt signed an injury settlement and was released from the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I would rather send him some SB gear...like a jogging suit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nomar got a freaking full share of '04 Sox

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

I believe to be entitled to a ring, you have to have played a snap in a regular season game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

He played 4 more games than Putin...just sayin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

[QUOTE]I believe to be entitled to a ring, you have to have played a snap in a regular season game.
    Posted by erstwhilebuddha[/QUOTE]
    I believe to be entitled to a ring, you have to win the freakin superbowl.  One step at a time, guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

if its only one snap of the year does crable get a ring too

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Any player with any pride what so ever would not accept a ring for a SB they didn't play in. Players on IR not withstanding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]holt is on IR so there is a chance that he gets one. I think it is sad that he doesn't have one based on his overall career performance.  As for moss I would give him one. He was on the roster at the beginning of the season, made it through camp and the first 4 weeks of the season, helped the rookie WR's who knows how much, and was a hell of a patriot who along with welker saved our 2008 season after brady went down, made for a fun 2007 (23 touchdowns) where we all thought he would have gotten one.  yes he was dogging BB earlier in the season but that was just because he was upset that he wasn't going to be resigned. he will go down as one of the most dangerous WR's in the history of the game and that deserves a SB ring.  (Not that i think he will need any help getting into the HOF) The big question is if we give him a ring, when he goes into the HOF will he enter as a Patriot being that his 2 biggest accomplishments came as a pat? (SB ring/performance, 23 touchdowns)
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]
    Doesn't Holt have one with the Rams back in 1999 or something? He was on the Rams team that beat Tennesee I believe. If I'm wrong then yeah he does deserve to get one, but there are a lot of players in his catergory (Marino, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Grogan, Fryer, a whole bunch of Cleveland teams in the late eighties, Dan Fouts, etc.).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

if you believe wikipedia...

Super Bowl ring

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    The Steelers Super Bowl XL ring
    Joe Theismann's Super Bowl Ring (right)

The Super Bowl ring is an award in the National Football League given to the members of the winning team of the league's annual championship game, the Super Bowl.

These rings are typically made of yellow or white gold with diamonds. They usually include the team name, team logo, and Super Bowl number (usually indicated in Roman numerals). The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players, despite not having been on the winning roster.[1] Teams can distribute any number of rings, but must pay for any over the 150-ring limit.

Many rings feature diamonds in the shape of the Vince Lombardi Trophy or a football. Some feature diamonds or gold in the shape of a team logo. Others illustrate the number of Super Bowls that franchise has won. Also, the rings are customized with the player's name and uniform number.

Replicas of the rings for various years are popular collectibles, along with genuine rings. Dave Meggett is known to have placed his ring for sale on eBay. Two Super Bowl rings from the 1970 Steelers sold on eBay for over $32,000 apiece in mid-2008.[2] Patriots safety Je'Rod Cherry raffled his ring from Super Bowl XXXVI in November 2008 to benefit several charities working to help children in Africa and Asia.[3] Tight end Shannon Sharpe, meanwhile, gave his first Super Bowl ring to his brother Sterling, who had his career cut short by injury.[4]

[edit] Most Super Bowl rings

• Seven: One individual
      • Neal Dahlen[5]: five with San Francisco (Staff and Player Personnel) and two with Denver (General Manager)