Would Brady had thrown that pick and choked like peyton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-SPIKER. Show KOOLAID-SPIKER's posts

Would Brady had thrown that pick and choked like peyton?

It was all or nothing for manning. had he won and received the MVP in the process, the colts could have made an argument for being the team of the decaDE OR PRESENT and peyton would have been the QB of the decade and present. but now, brady is once again back to his high porch by default. those last 2 drives reminded me of the manning of old. i m certain sean payton talked with belichick and the rest of the parcells line about how they beat up on buffalo and others of the kind. as the going got toughest, manning CHOKED! BRADY is now 14-4 in playoffs, manning is .500 (9-9). talking the difference between a Cy Young and a nolan ryan!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

Re: Would Brady had thrown that pick and choked like peyton?

I would take Brady any time the game is on the line  this game officialy proved that when it counts you cant count on peyton

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No doubt Brady has stepped up his game in big games, but he is not infallible.  Still, he's my choice for QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

We'll never know.  Sometimes DB's make great plays.  He said he knew that play through film study and he jumped it.  That play sealed the deal, but I was worried that even had the colts scored, the saints would have had plenty of time to drive the field for an FG or even TD. 

The D could not stop Brees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Brady wouldnt have thrown a pick with that offensive line the colts have... He wouldnt b hit as much as he is with our line, and therefore, he'd be on top of things...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Its not which QB you would rather have its what defense would you rather have.  TB gave the defense alot of points to work with this year and they blew alot of them.  But we also cant forget how horrible the second half play calling was this year.

TB is my choice all day.  Im not saying he would have never thrown a pick like that, but to this day he still hasnt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Hard to say.

Brady's stats so misleading this year. He was not good. No idea if would had thrown an interception in that spot yesterday. NO ONE can say. He has past "super bowl" personal game history that says no.

He may not have done that in a super bowl yet and I pray he never does. BUT he certainly has had some awful awful post season games.

Poor game against Ravens this year. Bad interception.

2 terrible games against SanDiego in post season. Won both but was awful and more interceptions. Saved by Troy Brown in one and by Maroney in the other.

Pick 6 against Denver in post season.

Interception to close out AFC east Championship game vs. Indy.

Brady is great and happy he is our QB but lets not make him out to be perfect. His post season record is better than his post season performance. Evidenced by the 2 San Diego wins in which he was not good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Answering your question, from the point of view - how the Pats were playing at the end of this season - yes, I think Brady would have thrown that pick.

When we go into the mythical realm of the all-time best Brady, then no.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

What 2 bad games did he play against the chargers besides the 2006 miraculous TROY BROWN play? in 2007 he light up the jags and chargers in the afc games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

2 years ago Brady would not have thrown the pick..This year, Brady throws it or one like it. See the Ravens game. No big deal, All QB's have good seasons and bad ones. I'm pretty surprised Manning threw the Pick 6 yesterday though with the season that he has had.

Cool guy hit the nail on the head with the O-Line theory. Brady was under pressure and didn't have much of a running game this year. The Colts had a good line this year and Manning had decent time to pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Of course not. That's why tommy has three rings and saint manning has one with an *.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I think Indy fans might find the word saint painful today

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Brady did throw a pick, against the Ravens, a month ago. 

Petyon played a very good game and made one bad throw at a bad time.  The Colts lost b/c they got beat on special teams and their D couldn't get off the field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Wow, I'm way in the minority on this one.  I do believe the 2009 version of Brady was capable of making that pick.  The 2009 version of Brady was not the Brady we all know and love.  Please do not remind me that he had his 2nd best season stats wise this year.  We never liked Brady because of his stats.  We liked him because of his clutch factor.  We liked him because we just knew he would lead a come from behind drive to win the game.  We just knew he'd make that critical 3rd or 4th down play.

The 2009 Brady had the stats, but not the clutch factor.  He also had his fair share of game changing turnovers; be they interceptions or strip sacks.  This is why I and a lot of others hate stats.  This is why we all said Brady was better than Manning even before Brady started putting up good stats.  Stats say Brady had a real good season.  I say he had an off year.  The "magical" qualities about him didn't show up much.  So yeah, I do believe the 2009 Brady could have make that pick 6.  The thing I will anticipate more than anything going into next season is discovering whether or not Brady gets back his mojo.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

First people question Belichick, now you dare to question Brady?  Brady would never throw that pick.  In the AFC Championship there were 30 seconds left and the Pats were at midfield, it was a desperation throw.  There is no comparison.  And Brady was awesome this year, but his knee and shoulder and ribs and finger and Moss's shoulder and Welker's knee and Light's knee and Maroney's brain let him down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

If Brady played like he did against the Ravens, it could have been his third pick of the day. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Brady in Mannings shoes, who knows, maybe a deflection instead? Receiver was giving it all away, stop and turn, stand and wait, hello? Brady works off the timing with his receivers, balls in the air before they get to their spot, they way it should be.

Manning has done things like this throughout his entire career, college and pro.

He threw an incredibly bad pick late in the 4th and 2 game. It just looks like he just can't think straight when the pressure is on. Brady seems to get better when the stakes are higher. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

LOL "would Brady have thrown that pick"?  Actually, he has done the exact same thing in the Postseason.  So have other great QB's, from Elway, to Montana, to you name it.

Brady did it (threw game ending pick) in 2005 against the Broncos, in 2006 against the Chargers (although Harrison made a great play and stole the ball back), in 2006 against the Colts, irronically enough to end the AFC Champ game, and finally, was 29/48 with 1 td against the Giants in 2007 (a fairly mediocore performance) after leading the world in every stat. 

I hate to say it, but even as a Montana fan, Montana lucked out against the Bengals when, down 16-13, he threw a sure int that Lewis Billups dropped.  Would have ended the game and given Montana 3 rings instead of 4.  Did the fact that Montana got lucky change his aura?

In 1987 Montana also played a garbage game against the Vikes after a 13-2 season and was actually pulled from the game. 

On Peytons' pick, in my eyes at least, the receiver should have made some kind of a play on the ball.  It's clear at the very least that that was a timing route rather than just a flat out bad throw.  Didn't look at all like it was "nerves" or fear that caused that INT.  Afterall, a "choke" by simple definition is the adverse affect that pressure has upon an atheletes' ability to perform.  I didn't see that with Peyton.

Would I rather have Brady with less than 2 minutes though?  Well, yeah, of course.  I don't know why but you just feel more comfortable with Brady.  His 14-4 postseason record probably has a lot to do with that lol.

Peyton is still great though, and IMO, not a choker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

EBWhite;

You forgot that 2 years ago Brady threw 3 picks against the Chargers in the AFC Champ game.  His defense helped quite a bit on that day though, giving him a goal line stand against the Bolts and limiting all red zone scores.

It's not always the QB's fault that he doesn't play for the best team on a given day, as every great QB has found out. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I only started coming on here about 7 months ago. I would make fun of the "type" of person that comes here. The "old guy" that knows everything about everything, LOL the "young guy" that knows all, the "fat out of shape guy that is lucky to walk down the street, nevermind do something that takes the slightest bit of coordination" that can/will tell you how much more he knows about sports than you. Anyway, I was hesitant to say the least, than I came on here. It wasnt so bad at first, I love hearing different opinions, thinking of new ideas and this place is great for that. More the most part there are alot of knowledgeable fans like myself that you can go back n forth with, bounce ideas from one another etc. But there are way too many losers on here, way to many uneducated, know nothing moron that pose stupid q's like this. Would Brady thrown that pick? No of coarse not 12 never makes a mistake...ever! He didnt throw one a couple years back against Indy that sealed the deal...thus ending the season and preventing us from going to another SB. The person who asked this q's is as stupid as the morons who said Manning would have been the "best ever" if he won one more SB last night. Manning did not choke last night, actually he played a borderline great game, making one big mistake at the end. Do you really believe he that INT was because "the lights were too bright" , "the stage was too big" or he just made a bad read and underestimated the skills, preperation and awareness of the Saints D and Porter in particular. One of the reasons I hate fantasy football is its played by people who really know nithing about football and sports. Calvin Johnson has one good year and suddenly hes "one of the best receivers in the game". "Manning wins this SB and hes the best ever"..."OOPS he throws a int and he sux, go die". It Pissah me off to no end, I hate being that guy, "I know way more about football than you" , but Im sorry, in most cases on here I do. And the "backseat bandwagon bimbos"  and "know nothings" significantly outweigh the good guys on here. Reggie Wayne made a big play the last time the colts won the SB to help take it, is he a choker. Or did he just have a terrible game at an inopportune time. Barry Bonds was considered a choke artist...until he blasted 8 HR's and proved how stupid some people really are. Samething about A-Rod( pu$S$Y boy loser DB@G)...how'd he do last postseason? We are so quick to judge and make concrete assertions today its crazy. Now I know the truth isnt something most of you can grasp, but stay with me here anyway. Is Big Ben as good or a better QB than Brady? I dont think so at all, but I think its fair to ask and not sooo far out there. Now most "knowledgeable" fans understand he didnt do a damm thing their first SB, in fact he almost cost them that game. But one could argue he did more to help win their last SB than Brady did in any of ours, one could at least argue that. As I said before I think 12 is the best in the game and this last season has done absolutely nothing to change my mind. If someone throws a pick, misses a tackle, drops a pass, IMHO that doesnt mark them as chokers for the rest of their days. I love the Bonds example, he was a choker all though's year, but clutch in his last postseason. Is Favre a choker because of last game...or was he so beat up from getting his azz pounded in the ground all day he didnt want to take off and run for the first down and made a terrible play. BTW, his only bad play all year, and the Dbagz of the world like M-Felger go on about how horrible he is, all he does is throw int's etc. Manning is a top 5 QB, SB or no SB, so is Brees. Ive been a huge fan a Brees' since Purdue and am happy for him. I feel great for him, when he came in the league he was primarily a play action QB. Its been awsome seeing him grow and progress into one of the best QB's today. IMHO he didnt need to win yesterday to stay in that conversation. He played a great game, but if he lost all of a sudden hes not up there with Brady, Manning Big Ben etc.? BS, the last 5 years hes played as well as anyone, one game doesnt change that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewLaw. Show NewLaw's posts

I believe Brady has a better chance at winning 2 more SB than Manning does, i will hold that claim until they both retire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Brady would only do that against Denver....Pay-A-Ton does it against anyone....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

Does anyone remember the playoff game this year where Tom Brady threw 3 ints and fumbled once and had the lowest passer rating of his career? Oh yeah, the Pats fans also booed him.

Please take the blinders off. No quarterback is perfect. No matter what they have done in the past.

Sections
Shortcuts