Would fifth MVP make Peyton Manning the best of all time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: Would fifth MVP make Peyton Manning the best of all time?

Statistically, he is one of the best ever, but with only 1 SB win, no way. This guy chokes on the biggest stage during the biggest games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

best regular season qb ever....chokes in the playoffs. simple as that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Statistically, he is one of the best ever, but with only 1 SB win, no way. This guy chokes on the biggest stage during the biggest games.

[/QUOTE]

As does Brady. Did you watch the SB? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As does Brady. Did you watch the SB? 

[/QUOTE]

You mean the one where he had a 100 PR going into the hail mary drive? That one?

At least he didn't throw a pick six, eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe Montana only won 4 SBs and NEVER threw a single INT in all 4 games, but yeah Im sure Jughead is better....

[/QUOTE]

Only QB close to being in the conversation with Montana is Brady, Manning does not come close to this record and some folks think he is above Montana?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Wait, I thought the Giants actually won those two SBs rather than Brady being terrible and costing the Pats the wins?  Which is it?

Brady--GOAT

P. Manning--goat

There's a difference.

PS If you want to compare them in their post-season "failures", I vote for the guy that (a) gets his team to the SB, win or lose and (b) has won more SBs than the other guy has even appeared in, rather than the guy that loses in the first round playoff games and doesn't get his team to the SB at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Oh great -  Another person who has no life and feels the need to defecate on an oppostion's forum.

Or worse, it's an existing troll who adds the bother of getting another screen name to do the above.

Perhaps one way to describe this behavior is that it could be a pathetic attempt to criticize others to feel better about themselves.

It's hard to imagine what makes a Troll tick and why they behave the way that they do.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's funny, I have no idea how many MVPs Montana won, or Unitas, or Starr Or Elway.  I really don't, I know how many SBs they won off the top of my head.  

Those guys usually round out the GOAT discussions.  Didn't Favre hold the record for MVPs, don't hear his name in GOAT discussions Since he retire and the media hype moved to something new and shiny.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Since 2001, when Brady started playing, these two have played essentiallythe same number of regular season games.

I think the Pats under Brady (not counting 2008) have a better record than the teams led by Manning (not counting 2011).  Check their stats during that time period.  Manning's thrown for more yds (+2500) and more TDs (+17) and more INTs (+28)--all regular season numbers.

General totals over same time period including Playoffs:

Brady:  50,009 yds,   372 TDs,  140 INTs    151 W  47L

Manning:  52,168 yds,  379 TDs,  170 INTs     137 W  56 L

Over that time, both Brady and Manning have gotten to the playoffs 9 times (10 each if you count this yr).  Brady's gotten to the SB 5 times out of those 9 playoff yrs, Manning, twice.  During those playoff yrs, Brady has thrown something like 38 TDs and 17 INTs, with Manning (playing 5 fewer games) has thrown 28 TDs and 19 INTs.

Make of the numbers what you will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

My Brother had the misfortune of living in WI during the Farve years, where he was known as the MVP. Packer fans at the time were convinced it was Farve who was the greatest to ever play the game. As regards this conversation isnt Jughead one playoff loss away from Farves record for 11 playoff losses?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Manning and Brady are both great QB's and first round HOF's. Still 1a and 1b, and like ice cream depends on your favorite flavor. So it really depends on what stats do you think are the most important, and to each their own. In the end it would be nice to see they play around the same number of games/seasons.

Here's a little caveat of stats over their first 11 seasons as starting QB's

Brady (2001-2007, 2009-2012 : 11 seasons)

Games 175

Wins 135

Cmp% 63.8

Yards 44724

TD 334

Int 123

Rate 96.7

Playoff wins 16

Super Bowl Titles 3

MVP's 2

Manning (1998 - 2008 : 11 seasons)

Games 176

Wins 117

Cmp% 64.4

Yards 45628

TD 333

Int 165

Rate 94.7

Playoff wins 7

Super Bowl Titles 1

MVP's 3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

the girl Peyton raped and daddy paid 500,000 to

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the girl Peyton raped and daddy paid 500,000 to

[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that, let me add that to the list of stats:

Sexual Assualt Charges

Brady - 0

Manning - 1

Sections
Shortcuts