Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

Im sure they get the last playoff spot, and are playing as well as anybody lately. Both Broncos and Pats are beatable as Ravens proved last year they can beat both, Bengals are a division game, and Colts have one and done written all over them. If any team can go from 6th seed to SB its Ravens....Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im sure they get the last playoff spot, and are playing as well as anybody lately. Both Broncos and Pats are beatable as Ravens proved last year they can beat both, Bengals are a division game, and Colts have one and done written all over them. If any team can go from 6th seed to SB its Ravens....Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Ravens are going to lose monday night, the Dolphins are going to lose Sunday and (i can't believe i am going to say this) and the jets are going to beat the Carolina sunday creating a 4 way tie way tie for the final spot.

Final 2 Games:

Balt - home vs NE, @ Cinncy

Mia - @ BUff, home jets

SD - Home Oak , Home KC

NYJ - Home Cleve, @ Mia

Should be a fun 2 weeks if that scenario plays out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Like the Pats, the Ravens went through a lot of change in the offseason (and also got hit with some key injuries) and have been improving as the year goes on.  I think they will be dangerous in the playoffs.  Can they win it all?  Maybe a long shot for them, but I wouldn't count them out. Broncos are showing weaknesses, Pats are decimated with injuries, and KC, the Bengals, and Colts aren't dominant teams.  So yeah, the Ravens could be in the mix. Nothing is very predictable this year, however, because injuries have really changed the make-up of teams as the year has progressed and a team that looked good or bad one week could be a very different team the next week.  Just look at how the Pats offense has morphed from one week to the next based on all the player changes. Can anyone really say how good the Pats' offense is now? We need to see how they adjust to the loss of Gronk before we can assess them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Only thing certain Jets WILL NOT beat Carolina, Cleveland, and Miami...most likely lose all three......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It wouldn't shock me to see them in the AFCCG. If they get the #6 seed they have to go through either Indy or Cin, which is no given but is do able. Then it's on to either Den, KC, or the Pats. Now I think they stand a more than fair shot against Den and KC. The Pats would be a game. Balt is actually one of the teams that scares me in the playoffs. They tend to show up, esp against us in the playoffs and makes it a game. In that way they remind me of the Giants. They don't always make it in but when they do they usually go deep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

thoughts? yes i would be surprised.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

No it wouldn't suprise me at all. AFC is weak at the moment especially with Gronk hurt for the Pats. It could well be NE V Baltimore for the 3rd year in a row in the AFC Championship game at Foxboro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I realize the playoffs are a different season, but in the regular season the Ravens are 1-5 on the road.  They have not yet proved they can win away from home. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yes.  Baltimore is playing like a Radio Shack product.   I have them with a 6.6 power rating, so they're playing like a 7-9 team or a 6-10 team.  I have them as 8.5 point underdogs next week at Detroit, then 2.1 point underdogs at home versus New England, then 9.7 point underdogs in week 17 at Cincinnati.  If they finish the year with a 7-9 record, they're not going to the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Surprising, yes...  totally unlikely, as some would want to believe, no.

How many thought the 7 - 9 Seahawks a couple years ago would have defeated the Saints?

One game, one shot.  Don't play well on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes, you go home. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many thought the 7 - 9 Seahawks a couple years ago would have defeated the Saints?

One game, one shot.  Don't play well on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes, you go home. 

[/QUOTE]

The Seahawks playoff victory was a miracle game. 

I immediately called out the Fishbreath to go down with a crash next week, and they did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Seahawks playoff victory was a miracle game

I immediately called out the Fishbreath to go down with a crash next week, and they did.

[/QUOTE]

Either way, it happened.  There is no such thing as a "lock" for a team to win against an overmatched opponent.  Still have to play the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It wouldn't surprise me, it would shock me.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This tool is such a troll. Last year it was Houston will beat the Pats both times, now this.

YES, it would surprise me. They're a mediocre football team who barely beats Pitt at home and should have lost to Matt Cassel at home and the god awful Vikes without Peterson in a blizzard.

What a stupid thread.  They're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot and we're supposed to respect that crapball organization and their goofy logo/uniforms?

[/QUOTE]

The Pats barely beat the Jets at home, Einstein. What does it matter how much you win by?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

This tool is such a troll. Last year it was Houston will beat the Pats both times, now this.

YES, it would surprise me. They're a mediocre football team who barely beats Pitt at home and should have lost to Matt Cassel at home and the god awful Vikes without Peterson in a blizzard.

What a stupid thread.  They're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot and we're supposed to respect that crapball organization and their goofy logo/uniforms?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty.  You made it up and out of bed.  After being up posting stories about ROY Richardson at 2 in the morning, you must be awfully tired.  Are you working from home today?  Got to think the boss man doesn't appreciate you coming into the office all groggy.  Hey, remember that time you were bragging about Ninks tackles on a run D giving up almost 5 yards a carry?  That was awesome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like the Pats, the Ravens went through a lot of change in the offseason (and also got hit with some key injuries) and have been improving as the year goes on.  I think they will be dangerous in the playoffs.  Can they win it all?  Maybe a long shot for them, but I wouldn't count them out. Broncos are showing weaknesses, Pats are decimated with injuries, and KC, the Bengals, and Colts aren't dominant teams.  So yeah, the Ravens could be in the mix. Nothing is very predictable this year, however, because injuries have really changed the make-up of teams as the year has progressed and a team that looked good or bad one week could be a very different team the next week.  Just look at how the Pats offense has morphed from one week to the next based on all the player changes. Can anyone really say how good the Pats' offense is now? We need to see how they adjust to the loss of Gronk before we can assess them. 

[/QUOTE]

They have not been improving at all. They barely beat Pitt at home and should have lost to awful Minny on Sunday at home.

It's the same flawed .500 or sub .500 you've seen all year.  Their O Line is awful and the cap hell has taken over.  When Cassel shreds you in a blizzard without Peterson, you know you have some issues.

[/QUOTE]

Should have lost?  How many of those 6 games the Pats have won by a a total of 15 points should they have lost?  Paper Tigers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  This is now 3 threads started by him in the past couple days minimizing the Pats chances.

While they are flawed, no true fan should be focusing that much energy into why a 10-3 team is terrible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ravens play Lions, Pats, Bengals I could see them losing 2 out of 3 and not making the playoffs so yes, it would totally shock me to see the Ravens win the AFC this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

OP = troll

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Guess Im a troll for gving the defending SB Champs credit, especially since they beat Pats twice last year....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Guess Im a troll for gving the defending SB Champs credit, especially since they beat Pats twice last year....

[/QUOTE]

You stir the pot.  You asked a simple question and pointed out the Broncos and Pats are beatable.  Which NFL teams aren't?  Some forget the Giants of 2007 and 2011!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This isn't last year.  They had as much turnover in their roster as any SB champion in the past 15 years.  The single player I feared most in a big game on that team, Anquan Boldin, is gone.  Their defense was gutted.  Joe Flacco, despite last year's playoff run, is a second tier QB who cannot simply carry the team on his back.  He put together the best 4-game stretch of his entire career at the exact right moment, and is highly unlikely to duplicate it.  Ray Rice has mysteriously morphed into Trent Richardson.

Where they are right now, fighting desperately for the 6th seed in the AFC, is pretty much exactly where everybody thought they'd be.