Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Would it surprise anybody to see Ravens as AFC Champion?

Im called a troll because Im a realist - I will be surprised if the Pats dont go one and done in playoffs. 1 seed or not, theres no way they get to SB....I wouldnt be surprised if Pats lose next 2 games at Miami and Baltimore

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Im called a troll because Im a realist - I will be surprised if the Pats dont go one and done in playoffs. 1 seed or not, theres no way they get to SB....I wouldnt be surprised if Pats lose next 2 games at Miami and Baltimore

Not being surprised by this makes you a realist.  Voicing it as often as you do, and appearing to hope for it so you can be right, makes you a troll.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Nothing wrong with that.  You simply do not have faith in the team as the team may feel in itself.  You obviously have a "glass half empty" approach and you can be right or you will eat your words.  Which I know you have had to do a few times this season.  I prefer to give the team credit and they'll do the best they can as I can't predict they will lose or win games like you can.  Also, I do not want you to experience "your" surprise!!  (-;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I hope we get the Ravens in the playoffs. I think they're weaker than last year and if we can't beat them at home we don't deserve to be in the SB. Additionally, I would love to shut Suggs up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The NFL has seen a number of Las Vegas miracles in recent years, enough that people in Vegas should be watching their wallets.  Usually, the worst team in one conference or another makes a sudden miracle run to the Super Bowl.  Historically this didn't happen. 

There's a reasonable probablility that in the high-stakes world of NFL playoffs, it's easier to fix the games because there's more gambling money with which to fix the games.  Why fix a Houston vs. Jacksonville game and make chump change (with the same risk of jail time) when you can fix the whole playoffs and make scads of money on one huge win-it-all bet?

In addition, you might get the owner to chip in an extra $5 million or so to allow his team to get the trophy.  Just bet the free $5 million at 100 to 1 odds, buy the refs, buy a couple of players, slip an emetic into the opponents' lunch, walk off with half a billion pretax and pay the godfather his cut.  It sure beats bank robbery.

Right now the Ravens are 50-1.  I wouldn't touch that for anything.  It's mostly excited Ravens fans thinking if they did it before, they'll do it again.  The Arizona Cardinals are 100 to 1 and that flyer isn't too bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The only way they return is if the refs assist them. They won last week on a TD where Marlon Brown only got one foot in bounds in the back of the endzone, on the play prior to that they threw a PI flag on Marlon Brown's defender only problem was there wasn't one guy within 5 yards of him. As a Patriots fan I'm still waiting for the Ball to go through the uprights in our game when the Replacement Refs ran off the field....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Guess Im a troll for gving the defending SB Champs credit, especially since they beat Pats twice last year....

No not just that but you also started a thread with this garbage...

We as Pats fans used to bask in Mannings Colts choking every year in Playoffs....Its been going on 10 years since last Championship, looks like Pats are now in the same boat.....Troll

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, they will not even be in the playoffs. quit it negative nancy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Guess Im a troll for gving the defending SB Champs credit, especially since they beat Pats twice last year....

2007 - the Pats lost the SB to #6 seed NYG

2009 - the Pats lost to #6 seed Ravens

2010 - the Pats lost to #6 seed Jets.

2011 - the Pats lost SB to #4 seed (9-7 NYG); #4 because the NFC East stunk that year.

2012 - the Pats lost to #4 seed Ravens.

These are simply empirical facts.  Doesn't make you a troll for pointing them out.  

The LOGICAL (aka: take the partiality blinders off) point is ANYONE can beat ANYONE in today's NFL.  I don't discount ANY team.  So, yes, the Ravens could beat the Pats again.  But Indy could beat X team.  And Cincy could beat Y team.  And KC could beat Z team and on and on and on....

Oh, and "mighty patriots" has been guaranteeing SB wins since 2005.  He's 0-8.  Consider the source.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

other than the Jets and Browns every game since the last one in September has been 3 points or less, win or lose.  To me that puts them at 50/50 for every game here on out,  which would be about a 2% chance of winning the AFC.  I would be surprised if they won 3 games on the road.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

This tool is such a troll. Last year it was Houston will beat the Pats both times, now this.

YES, it would surprise me. They're a mediocre football team who barely beats Pitt at home and should have lost to Matt Cassel at home and the god awful Vikes without Peterson in a blizzard.

What a stupid thread.  They're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot and we're supposed to respect that crapball organization and their goofy logo/uniforms?

Sorry brother. After your meltdown last Sunday on the game thread you pretty much lost any credibility you may have had. Too much contradiction, cherry picking and flip flopping for most people's taste.

Your analysis is worth less than a sign language lesson with Thamsanqua Jantjie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

This tool is such a troll. Last year it was Houston will beat the Pats both times, now this.

YES, it would surprise me. They're a mediocre football team who barely beats Pitt at home and should have lost to Matt Cassel at home and the god awful Vikes without Peterson in a blizzard.

What a stupid thread.  They're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot and we're supposed to respect that crapball organization and their goofy logo/uniforms?

Sorry brother. After your meltdown last Sunday on the game thread you pretty much lost any credibility you may have had. Too much contradiction, cherry picking and flip flopping for most people's taste.

Your analysis is worth less than a sign language lesson with Thamsanqua Jantjie.

It just hit me... the sign language guy and commy contrarian are one in the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Im sure they get the last playoff spot, and are playing as well as anybody lately. Both Broncos and Pats are beatable as Ravens proved last year they can beat both, Bengals are a division game, and Colts have one and done written all over them. If any team can go from 6th seed to SB its Ravens....Thoughts?

Last year is last year and has no bearing on this year. All last year proved is the Ravens could win LAST YEAR!

Yes, it would surprise me, they aren't that good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

No, you are called a troll because you act like one. And being a pessimist does not make you a realist, it only makes you a pessimist!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mia - They have a reasonable chance of beating New England, then it gets kind of easy.  At Buffalo is a tough game where Miami is favored by 2 points with my numbers.  The Jets will have given up in week 17, but otherwise Miami is favored by 8 points.  I'd say 9-7 and a sixth seed.  If Miami can't beat the Patriots or Buffalo, I think they'll stay home.

SD - Home vs Oakland is easy for them.   Home KC is a possible Christmas giftie from the guaranteed #5 seed in week 17.  I'd say 9-7 for sure, tied with Miami but Miami has the tiebreaker.

Balt - Underdogs in all three remaining games, probably finishing 8-8 or 7-9.

NYJ - One horrid team, probably 6-10.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Now I could go on and on about pats fans" 

Indeed you could, and you do. If you have time I'd be curious to know why you are so obsessed with the Patriots and this message board in particular. 

To the OP: 

I'd be surprised only because the Ravens are far from clinching that last playoff spot. But: if they do clinch that last spot,then we can revisit the question. It's in the Pats best interest to put this team out of their misery. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"1 seed or not, theres no way they get to SB"

Sure there is: if they get a number one seed the Super Bowl is just a couple wins in a row. That's doable for any one seed. Perhaps not likely, but doable. 

Saying "there's no way" they can make Super Bowl as a one seed means one of two things: you're trolling, or you're not willing to emotionally invest in the team because they are showing signs of vulnberablity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

It would surprise me.  The Ravens were extremely lucky to get by Denver last year and they are weaker at O line, and O in general.  Should have kept Boldin,  I think they will be one and done if they even make the playoffs;  If KC is the other wild card team, the Chiefs will croak the Ravens "evermore"!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You're no more a realist than I am.  We all are opinionated here.  That's why we call each other trolls at a drop of the hat.  Some fans do lose faith in their team as it seems you have.  That's not the end of the world thing either.  It happens.  

Although I don't think the Ravens will be around for the playoffs any team could get on a roll here.  Even the Ravens.  I just don't think it's likely.  They aren't that good of a team.  The Lions game will tell us a lot.  They do seem to have issues on the road and 2 out of the 3 are on the road.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Im sure they get the last playoff spot, and are playing as well as anybody lately. Both Broncos and Pats are beatable as Ravens proved last year they can beat both, Bengals are a division game, and Colts have one and done written all over them. If any team can go from 6th seed to SB its Ravens....Thoughts?

You're absolutely right. I also like Cincy's chances, but only if they earn a bye.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

You're absolutely right. I also like Cincy's chances, but only if they earn a bye.

How'd you like the Bengals last night? Maybe the Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL at the moment and I think they play at home the next 2 weekends.

Sections
Shortcuts