Would Josh McDaniels have succeded as head coach in Denver had he not been allowed to shop the groceries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldflapatsfan. Show oldflapatsfan's posts

Would Josh McDaniels have succeded as head coach in Denver had he not been allowed to shop the groceries?

Trying to wear too many hats for a young head coach can be overwhelming and cause you to make erratic decisions resulting in mistakes. Where did he get his training in managing personnel? When in New England his training under B.B. was learning about coaching. Remember, Bill shops the groceries in New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldflapatsfan. Show oldflapatsfan's posts

Re: Would Josh McDaniels have succeded as head coach in Denver had he not been allowed to shop the groceries?

An environment such as what has been developing in Kansas City or Atlanta would have been a better fit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Would Josh McDaniels have succeded as head coach in Denver had he not been allowed to shop the groceries?

In Response to Would Josh McDaniels have succeded as head coach in Denver had he not been allowed to shop the groceries?:
    [QUOTE]Trying to wear too many hats for a young head coach can be overwhelming and cause you to make erratic decisions resulting in mistakes. Where did he get his training in managing personnel? When in New England his training under B.B. was learning about coaching. Remember, Bill shops the groceries in New England.
    Posted by oldflapatsfan[/QUOTE]

Who cares?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I think McDaniels would have done alot better in the right situation. Kansas City would've been a good fit for him because he'd have Pioli making personel moves. McDaniels had too much on his plate in Denver. He made some good moves and some horrible ones. Getting rid of Cutler was a great move because Cutler IMO is a big baby and the next coming of Jeff George. People think it was dumb to get rid of Marshall but I don't think he had much of a choice. Marshall pretty much forced his way out and was a complete distraction. Its only a matter of time before he becomes disgruntled in Miami.
               I think McDaniels biggest mistakes were not getting Dom Capers to be his D coordinator. Look what Capers has turned Green Bays D into. The guy always fields an aggressive top defense every year. The second mistake was getting rid of Hillis. If he had him and Knowshon Moreno as running backs that would be a tough running game to stop. The Moreno pick was great but he wasted too many pick as well (Alphonso Smith?) and why draft Tebow? I'm not saying he won't be good but too many holes on D to draft a project in the 1st round. Basically McDaniels can do great things on offense (Orton is having a career year as well as Brandon Lloyd) but McD didn't address the defense enough and that was Denver's biggest problem. Denver should have gave him 1 more year to see if he could right the ship. Now they'll be on the hook for 3 head coaching salaries next year(Shanahan, McDaniels, Future head coach). I hope he gets another shot with another team but it will be awhile before that happens.