Would Mallett, Spikes, a 2nd this yr and 1st Nxt yr be enough to get L Fitzgerald ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Would Mallett, Spikes, a 2nd this yr and 1st Nxt yr be enough to get L Fitzgerald ?????

Can you IMAGINE what he would do to this offense?  It would be nuts...we could then cut bL, sign the linebackefor that used to play from USC, sign Talib n Reed and go for it for the next 2 or 3 years. Hey....why not

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Would Mallett, Spikes, a 2nd this yr and 1st Nxt yr be enough to get L Fitzgerald ?????

Larry Fitz is not coming here.  He would have to agree to a huge pay cut.  We are never paying that kind of money for a WR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Would Mallett, Spikes, a 2nd this yr and 1st Nxt yr be enough to get L Fitzgerald ?????

No Way!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Larry Fitz is not coming here.  He would have to agree to a huge pay cut.  We are never paying that kind of money for a WR.

Why a pay cut? Maybe just a restructure with the same money spread out. I d like to see at least 1, if not 2 more super bowls during the BB n Brady era, and he is the one player that I believe could get us over the top. As long as we have Brandon Loyd outside we are not going to be able to score in the playoffs against top D,s. . Just my opinion

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Why a pay cut? Maybe just a restructure with the same money spread out. I d like to see at least 1, if not 2 more super bowls during the BB n Brady era, and he is the one player that I believe could get us over the top. As long as we have Brandon Loyd outside we are not going to be able to score in the playoffs against top D,s. . Just my opinion

This is Larry's current contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/larry-fitzgerald/

You'll notice that his base salary is incredibly high and only gets higher.  He is due a roster bonus of 8 million in 2015.  You cannot "spread out the money" unless you add years.  This contract takes him through age 36.  Now most of the money on the back end probably isn't guaranteed, but there is no way we would pay him anywhere close to that if he came here.  I'm not saying AZ will either, but who knows.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

This is Larry's current contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/larry-fitzgerald/

You'll notice that his base salary is incredibly high and only gets higher.  He is due a roster bonus of 8 million in 2015.  You cannot "spread out the money" unless you add years.  This contract takes him through age 36.  Now most of the money on the back end probably isn't guaranteed, but there is no way we would pay him anywhere close to that if he came here.  I'm not saying AZ will either, but who knows.

Thanks...and I'm sure your right. But If ALL 3 parties wanted it then it could happen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

How would you restructure Larry's deal? The way it's set up, you will still have a sizeable cap hit each and every year?

Also, how would you fix the defense? Giving up Spikes, 2 picks and a ton of cap space for one player?

Once Gronk and Herns extensions start kicking in, you would have a huge chunk of the cap towards 3 skill position players.

Edit: 4 if you include Amendola.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

we need DEFENSE!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What is this Madden? Why trade away your elite WR for a QB who would then have no one to throw to? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

How would you restructure Larry's deal? The way it's set up, you will still have a sizeable cap hit each and every year?

Also, how would you fix the defense? Giving up Spikes, 2 picks and a ton of cap space for one player?

Once Gronk and Herns extensions start kicking in, you would have a huge chunk of the cap towards 3 skill position players.

Edit: 4 if you include Amendola.

His cap hit this yr is 14.5 mill ( drops to 10.5 nxt yr) if we cut loyd I believe we would be in the 25/27 m minus 14.5 for Fitzgerald would give us 10 or 12 m to sign Talib and reed. With our 1st rnd this yr we draft a young d lineman and go for it. It can be done....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think the days of Brady huckin' the ball 40 yards downfield are done. Fitgerald may be wasted here now. Brady's arm ain't what it was in 07.

That being said,,,,I will continue to repeat my mantra,,,,,I'm done with the flashy Offense that pizzes their pants in January.

It's long overdue to build the D back up to an in your face power.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This is the problem with fantasy football.

If you actually watch football, you would know that the importance of a WR is overrated.

Ravens had Boldin, Smith, and Jones all season yet they weren't an offensive juggernaut during the regular season? Caldwells offensive line readjustment made a huge difference.

How does SF make it to the Super Bowl? Best Oline?

Look at the teams with the best WR groups (DEN, ATL, NYG) and tell me how they did.

Game is still won at the line of scrimmage. I'd rather have a 10 mil a year dlineman than a 10 mil a year WR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

What is this Madden? Why trade away your elite WR for a QB who would then have no one to throw to? 

Because they have no shot at ALL of winning anything and he is handcuffing thier ability to rebuild. On the Patriots....with Brady, he would have a GREAT shot at a couple of super bowls. And I think, I don't know, that that might matter to him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Because they have no shot at ALL of winning anything and he is handcuffing thier ability to rebuild. On the Patriots....with Brady, he would have a GREAT shot at a couple of super bowls. And I think, I don't know, that that might matter to him

You would be a perfect GM in Detroit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Lol....I hear ya. Though there are times that you have to go ALL IN....in 07 we did and we came close. Just saying....this could be one of those times also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would love Larry here, but if a LB has to go , I elect Mayo and his bloated contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Fitzgerald has 18M in dead money so just forget about AZ trading him any time soon. They can't afford the dead money hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Lol....I hear ya. Though there are times that you have to go ALL IN....in 07 we did and we came close. Just saying....this could be one of those times also.

Nothing like '07. Taking money out of the equation, they gave up a 2nd and a 4th for two players.

In your scenario, they give up a QB, a LB, a 2nd and a 1st for 1 player.

Putting money back into the equation, Moss and Welker were not huge cap hits, and it gave the Patriots room to make other moves. Fitz's contract will be a problem.

Final point, in '06, who were Brady's receiving options? It was a dire need at the time.

Now? Brady still has at least Amendola, Hernandez, Gronk and possbily Lloyd.

Not similar situations at all

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Nothing like '07. Taking money out of the equation, they gave up a 2nd and a 4th for two players.

Putting money back into the equation, Moss and Welker were not huge cap hits, and it gave the Patriots room to make other moves. Fitz's contract will be a problem.

Final point, in '06, who were Brady's receiving options? It was a dire need at the time.

None of those receivers will open up the underneath stuff that is thier forte...Fitzgerald, or someone like him will make them, and our team better. We desperately need a receiver that other teams will respect. A guy thatother teams HAVE to cover half the field. Loyd is NOT the answer...sorry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Beside the point....it doesn't matter what we gaveup then, the only thing that matters is now. We have a 2 to 3 yr window with Brady to win. If we have to pay more, to put ourselves in the. Best position to get another ring then that is what we should do. When Brady is gone....I hate to say it, but so isn't our run. THAT....my friend is the bottom line. 

Now...that being said Mr no it all....if you can propose a bett er solution to clearing room for the Gronks, Hernandez, guys underneath, then please....let's hear it. Because this team is in dire need for a player that can loosen up the underneath stuff......so...the podium is yours

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Beside the point....it doesn't matter what we gaveup then, the only thing that matters is now. We have a 2 to 3 yr window with Brady to win. If we have to pay more, to put ourselves in the. Best position to get another ring then that is what we should do. When Brady is gone....I hate to say it, but so isn't our run. THAT....my friend is the bottom line. 

Now...that being said Mr no it all....if you can propose a bett er solution to clearing room for the Gronks, Hernandez, guys underneath, then please....let's hear it. Because this team is in dire need for a player that can loosen up the underneath stuff......so...the podium is yours

I understand that you want to go for it now because of the limited Brady window.  However, that is not the Pats approach and I would truly be astonished if they 'went for it.' It's simply not the way they do business.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I already, said...Improving the lines is more beneficial than tossing money at a WR. Who took the lid off of the defenses in the old championship years?

Go for players who have a more direct impact on two parts of the game. More physical olineman can help create a more physical run game and give Brady more time.

Disruptive Dlineman can pressure the QB on passing downs and help out in the run.

You had the greatest deep threat of all time in '07 and scored 14 points in the Super Bowl. Why? Maybe because the Giants D line owned our offensive line.

How does Russ Wilson and those average WRs torch the Falcons? No pass rush from ATL.

Aaron Rodgers probably has the deepest set of WRs in the game...and against the Seahawks, they only put up 12 points...mainly because his Oline was manhandled by SEA.

Patriots Oline is okay, but I think Brady makes them look better than they really are...It's why they always struggle with physical defenses. Dline could apply more pressure on the otherside of the ball too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Can you IMAGINE what he would do to this offense?  It would be nuts...we could then cut bL, sign the linebackefor that used to play from USC, sign Talib n Reed and go for it for the next 2 or 3 years. Hey....why not

Put the bong down....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

I suggested a similar scenario last week about what would it take to obtain Fitzgerald.  Got similar responses.  I didnt go so crazy as trading away defensive pieces though.  Funny thing---Bedard through out something similar today--Mallett and a draft pick for Fitzgerald.  Holy Moly.  Just think of that offense though.  If you only gave up Mallett (resign Cassell who is up for grabs and knows the system) and a draft pick?  Shoot--I would even throw Lloyd in the deal.  And whatever cash you got left and draft picks spend it on the defense.  They need a pass rusher/cb/possibly safety.  I would take a flier on Pollard.  All you need is someone to make the receivers and backs have to take that glance up the field when the ball is coming to them....and Pollard does that.  Shoot, he was only going to cost the Ravens 1 or 2 million--he would have to come cheap.  I am pretty sure they are laying in the weeds for who they want.  One thing Talib should learn--if  you don't like what we offer--we will get someone else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, we need to lose this idea.  Fitz ain't walkin thru that door.  Way too much money, too much to get him and Cassell is already signed with Minn.  Plus I don't see why AZ would make the trade - too much down side because of the provisions and cost of his contract.

Sections
Shortcuts