Would McDaniels come back to the Pats as OC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Would McDaniels come back to the Pats as OC?

I think it would be awesome if McDaniels were fired by the Broncos and would make a triumphant return to the Patriots.

I doubt he'll be fired until next season though.

Then again he probably doesn't want to live under the hoodie's shadow either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Would McDaniels come back to the Pats as OC?

He may have no choice if canned.  He won't get another HCing job right away.

If O'Brien slips up here with this talent, I wouldn't put it past BB.  Personally, I wasn't a big McDaniels fan, but he is better than O'Brien so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wheaty2. Show wheaty2's posts

wont happen i dont see BB wanting him back. he never brings a coach that already left back. if he wanted to do something like that he would have brought charlie weis and/or romeo crennel back this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

McDaniels left on good terms, so I could see the door not being shut on him coming back.  I'm not sure if McDaniels would come back or if he'd view it as a step backwards in his career.

I bet he'd end up in Kansas City.  It seems to be where former New England assistants end up lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Bill would take him back...no bad blood there...I know Brady loves him & if Bill thinks it's in the best interests of the team he'd do it just as if he thought it wouldn't be good he'd pass it up....I bet he'd take him if he'd commit to being the assistant coach until he left & took over the head job...actually may have been Bills plan all along...Let Josh get a taste of it all on his own & see what & how he learns & does.....then take him back, nurture him some more & hand over the reins when he calls it quits....then act as a consultant or take a Parcells type role for the Patriots finding & evaluating talent & still the man who has the ultimate decision in the long run on who is drafted...sounds AWESOME to me!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Would McDaniels come back to the Pats as OC?:
    [QUOTE]wont happen i dont see BB wanting him back. he never brings a coach that already left back. if he wanted to do something like that he would have brought charlie weis and/or romeo crennel back this year.
    Posted by wheaty2[/QUOTE]

Even if wanted Charlie and Romeo back, they wouldn't come back. Neither will McDaniels. This is an ego thing and a future earnings thing. If they left and flamed out, why would they come back under Belichick's shadow? So everyone can confirm what they thought to be true the whole time: Belichick is the mastermind behind all the success while these guys are just his underlings? Not saying these guys didn't play a role in the team's success but each time one of these guys leave and flame out elsewhere, Belichick's legacy gets cemented even more.

Belichick has recognized his fate (of being so successful): develop your own coaching talent internally within your proven system. They'll get plucked as you win but you'll have always have the next man in line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Saban didn't come to New England why would McDaniels come back? Once you've left a coaching situation you probably have burned a bridge. I haven't seen any of the others return so i can't imagine Josh setting a trend and returning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You can't come back, once you've left you're on your own. If you come back you'll never get another head coaching job because everyone will think you can't do it without BB.

Plus, McDaniels is a moron for drafting Tebow in round 1. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Belichick left Parcells to be HC of the Browns and then went to the Jets to work for Parcells again.

He hasn't formally filled the OC position.  Maybe he is leaving the door open for McDaniels in case O'Brien can't handle the role and McDaniels becomes available agin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I still remember when they beat us last year and the guy was jumping up and down all over the field like he won the super bowl. He took his hat off and threw it into the air, fist pumped the world, and was on good morning america the next day talking about his intense competitive spirit and how he always plays like a champion (just kidding). Seriously I do wonder how Belichick felt about some of that display though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pat Bowlen (Broncos Owner) is not going to pay for 3 coaches......They are currently still paying Shannahan through next season. McDaniels will be in Denver through at least next season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

McDaniels isn't going anywhere. The Broncos are still paying on Shanahan's contract and McDaniel's contract runs through next season. Firing McDaniels and hiring a new coach would mean they'd be paying 3 head coaches through next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I don't see him coming back but I'm sure he'll get plenty of offers from other teams to be an OC. Orton is having a career year with recievers like Brandon Loyd, Gaffney and Eddie Royal. There is no problem with McDaniels playcalling but his Defense stinks this year. Which is why they're losing so much. He'll probably get another year (I hope) to turn it around in Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree they should allow him one more year, his offense is doing ok but he may be looking for a different Defensive coordinator. If they don't give him next year at the very least to show improvement on both sides of the ball then that would be bad ownership tactics unless they want to make a play for the Chin. He will get anything he wants to coach the Cowboys, but maybe he is an AFC guy and would rather coach Denver... just saying it is a possibility.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Would McDaniels come back to the Pats as OC?:
    [QUOTE]He may have no choice if canned.  He won't get another HCing job right away. If O'Brien slips up here with this talent, I wouldn't put it past BB.  Personally, I wasn't a big McDaniels fan, but he is better than O'Brien so far.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

How did we not nab Charley Weiss after he was let go by Notre Dame?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

My view, is that this will not happen.  I like Josh McDaniels, but it's time to move on...  Even if Josh were to return, it would only be a holding spot until he got another HC position.

I think part of the reason BB has not been naming OC/DC is that he is tired of his OC/DC being recruited for other teams. 

Anyone agree?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Seems like Denver is trying to turn over that roster a bit.  Think they should give Josh some time.  Presumably the owner was behind the Cutler and Marshall trades?  Does he expect miracles?  Admittedly though, Denver seems to be going in the wrong direction.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I like McDaniels but he is a failure as a head coach.  He has destroyed the whole team.  He inherited Jay Cutler & Brandon Marshall, and somehow managed to run them both out of town. They were doing fine before McDaniels arrived. He has wasted first round picks.  What he needed to do was rebuild that defense and keep the offense intact. Now they have Kyle Orton as their QB.  He puts up good numbers but doesn't deliver when it counts. 

Sections
Shortcuts