Would NE fans accept Vick?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Would NE fans accept Vick?

Forget about the dogfighting, I never liked Vick as a QB from the beginning. SB-winning teams need a quarterback who can pass. Vick was never that. He is a running quarterback who can throw a little but not a passing quarterback who can run a little. There's a difference.

Sure, Vick was good for the occasional highlight-real play and is an incredible athlete but he never developed into a consistent passer. Had he done that, he would have been incredible. All the so-called great running quarterbacks, Fran Tarkenton, John Elway etc were always known for the their passing or didn't become great until their passing overshadowed the running.

He might be effective in the wildcat, but the Patriots don't need a gimmick offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

[QUOTE]i don't support what vick did by any means, but i don't see any difference between fighting dogs or going out hunting with the boys and shooting some innocent deer in the side of the face, and mounting it's head on your wall. vick would be an incredible weapon in NE's offense, pat white x's 10. How many NE fan's would jump ship if NE traded for this guy?
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE] crazy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I think BB and Co. are freeing up cap space to sign Vick.  Maybe BB is looking to replace Brady with Vick.  I also have a feeling the Pats will have a dog fighting show at halftime in Gillette.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]i don't support what vick did by any means, but i don't see any difference between fighting dogs or going out hunting with the boys and shooting some innocent deer in the side of the face, and mounting it's head on your wall. vick would be an incredible weapon in NE's offense, pat white x's 10. How many NE fan's would jump ship if NE traded for this guy?
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

For a seventh round pick in a heartbeat. As far as his passing game. People give unfair judgement on it. Who did he have to throw to with any experience? Brian Finneran? He had Crumpler as a TE and that was it. Not much time to throw the ball when your offensive line was swiss cheese too. I believe, at the time, they were the smallest in the NFL. So, I would take a shot at him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Why?  Vick suck$.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Oh yeh!  Vick taking Tom Brady's place in a few years?  It would be great!!   Vick has a great football IQ.  So high an IQ and so coachable that Jim Mora Jr. tried to teach him the Bill Walsh offense, wrongly called the West Coast Offense, and Vick not only couldn't but wouldn't learn it and Mora was fired.  QB is out of the ?!  Maybe a RB or receiver, but QB?  Dream on guys.  One needs intelligence, hard worker, and desire to fit in to the Pats way to make this happen at QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeh!  Vick taking Tom Brady's place in a few years?  It would be great!!   Vick has a great football IQ.  So high an IQ and so coachable that Jim Mora Jr. tried to teach him the Bill Walsh offense, wrongly called the West Coast Offense, and Vick not only couldn't but wouldn't learn it and Mora was fired.  QB is out of the ?!  Maybe a RB or receiver, but QB?  Dream on guys.  One needs intelligence, hard worker, and desire to fit in to the Pats way to make this happen at QB.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

You forgot about the Dog fighting show at halftime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeh!  Vick taking Tom Brady's place in a few years?  It would be great!!   Vick has a great football IQ.  So high an IQ and so coachable that Jim Mora Jr. tried to teach him the Bill Walsh offense, wrongly called the West Coast Offense, and Vick not only couldn't but wouldn't learn it and Mora was fired.  QB is out of the ?!  Maybe a RB or receiver, but QB?  Dream on guys.  One needs intelligence, hard worker, and desire to fit in to the Pats way to make this happen at QB.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more along the lines of a wildcat type player. He can throw a football and it doesn't take much for Moss to haul them in. As far as desire to fit in... I think he will be happy to just be allowed to play football in the NFL again. So, I think he would do whatever Bill asked of him. Not only that, for a seventh round pick, Bill would cut him if he didn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Can he play LB and rush the passer?  Otherwise no.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trible. Show Trible's posts

Not a fan of Vick but at the same time I thought his talents were under-utilized; that coaches weren't being creative enough. Now, I wonder if there isn't some coach wondering how he might fit in a 'wild-cat' scheme. The thought is scary to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Our cheerleaders could use a good looking guy who is athletic. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Our cheerleaders could use a good looking guy who is athletic. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Vick is very much another Pat White.  Pat White is also short, easily injured and can't throw that well on the run.  On the other hand Pat White isn't a convicted felon, an issue which would never fly with the Krafts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GusGus. Show GusGus's posts

He served his time.  If he doesn't do it again...that's a good thing.  Until he is convicted again, I definitley would give him a chance...cheap cash.
    ..make him a slot wr

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hold on, the Patriots just drafted another Vick-style quarterback.  Name's Edelman.  4.51 in the 40.  Top rushing college QB in the US.  Explosion through the hole, has moves, hits mid-range passes.

"The Edelman kid just flat out scares you. I watched Kent vs. Ball State tape. They had to put a spy on him, and the kid was not very effective. The kid’s Houdini, he really is. All the hits he takes, you got defenders running into each other,"  Brookhart said before the Akron/Kent State game last season.

"He’s a really skilled guy, similar to (Antwaan) Randle El and Seneca Wallace. He can play ‘Wildcat,’ return kicks, and he may be the next Wes Welker as a wide receiver," a league insider said.

"If that wasn’t enough, Edelman also began lining up as a safety on the punt team and for the last few games of the season even returned punts."

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/4/22/849496/getting-to-know-super-sleeper

Not worth a second round pick.  Definitely worth a seventh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Woof, woof, grrrrrrrrrrrr, woof, WOOF, woof, ruth, woof, woof.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

vick is still on his big contract, since atlanta is not going to pay him, or any other team for that matter, it would stupid to trade anything for him, including a 7th round draft choice.  when he is cut and then can sign a deal closer to, if not the bare veteran minimum it would begin to make a little sense.

to the guy comparing killing dogs to hunting with the good ole boys...do you electricute and hang deer for the pleasure of it? 

the idea that any moves the patriots are making are done to free cap space to sign vick is probably the stupidest idea i've read on these boards as 1. he wont command much more than the minimum 2. he hasn't even been cleared to play and in fact was sent back to leavenworth earlier this month

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

NO, I live in Atlanta and was so happy when he was gone.  Pats would loss so many fans over that move. 

I hate this stupid ideas, man I'm glad we don't make decisions on player personal if not we would have every name that's available from Vick to Harrison we'll have a 152 man roster.

Let Vick go where he belongs, Dallas or the Raiders. 

In Atlanta people forgot that name already, it's all about the new face of the Falcons Matt Ryan.  I don't remember as much excitement in the 6 years I've lived here over the Falcons as there's this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Any team willing to take on the public relations nightmare that Michael Vick will be would have to receive something tangible in return. Vick has accomplished, to this point in his checkered career, a large portfolio of nothing. Forget untapped potential. Forget uncoachability. Forget the damn Wildcat, for christ's sake. The guy is just not that bright.

This is a man, let us not forget, who thought it would be no problem to tote his bong onto an airplane in his carry-on bag.

There are teams in the league who might take a flier on Vick, and I have no problem with anyone getting a second (or third, or fourth) chance. But the New England Patriots are not one of those teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Of course, none of that really answers the question, does it?

Would the New England fans accept Vick?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "no."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Yeah that's a great idea...while we're at it let's see what Lawrence Phillips is up to. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Would NE fans accept Vick?

NO, he is not good enough.