Would NE fans accept Vick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Would NE fans accept Vick?

[QUOTE]Yeah that's a great idea...while we're at it let's see what Lawrence Phillips is up to. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Throw Plax in there and bring back Stallworth and we can change our uniform to orange or black/white stripes too. 

Oh yeah heard the Jets are calling about Burress, those that surprice anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardhouse. Show gardhouse's posts

[QUOTE]i don't support what vick did by any means, but i don't see any difference between fighting dogs or going out hunting with the boys and shooting some innocent deer in the side of the face, and mounting it's head on your wall. vick would be an incredible weapon in NE's offense, pat white x's 10. How many NE fan's would jump ship if NE traded for this guy?
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

This Bozo would still be bodyslamming puppies if he wasn't caught please let's keep him prision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would no longer consider myself a Pats fan if they signed this scumbag. Vick isthe worst thing to happen to football in years. I coach high school kids and trust me he has made a very bad imprint on American sports. Kids today didnt even see what he did was wrong it was sickening how dumb these kids are. In todays myspace, utube, american idol universe kids are just dumbing down. Most of them didnt think he did anything wrong and thought he should be allowed to play football. Vick is a disgusting human being. A person who does not have money to feed his kids breaks the law to feed his family or a drug addict does it because they are addicted to drugs but he was a pro football player with all the money he could ever want and he still made the choice to do what he di and that makes it way worse to me. What he did had a trickle down effect to all areas of teh game including high school kids and if he is allowed to play football again all it will do is send a message to kids everywhere that you can be a complete scum bag and still make millions of dollars so why be a good person? when being a bad person still gets you paid? Vick has hurt the game in more ways then people understand and he should be banned from the NFL for life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Can people get off the dog jokes? its played out and its over with he served his time. I'd have to see what type of shape he was in before I would give it my blessing but I wouldnt totally knock it yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]I would no longer consider myself a Pats fan if they signed this scumbag. Vick isthe worst thing to happen to football in years. I coach high school kids and trust me he has made a very bad imprint on American sports. Kids today didnt even see what he did was wrong it was sickening how dumb these kids are. In todays myspace, utube, american idol universe kids are just dumbing down. Most of them didnt think he did anything wrong and thought he should be allowed to play football. Vick is a disgusting human being. A person who does not have money to feed his kids breaks the law to feed his family or a drug addict does it because they are addicted to drugs but he was a pro football player with all the money he could ever want and he still made the choice to do what he di and that makes it way worse to me. What he did had a trickle down effect to all areas of teh game including high school kids and if he is allowed to play football again all it will do is send a message to kids everywhere that you can be a complete scum bag and still make millions of dollars so why be a good person? when being a bad person still gets you paid? Vick has hurt the game in more ways then people understand and he should be banned from the NFL for life.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

MVPkilla...I agree with you that Vick truly hurt the image of the league and his own in which children look up to. However, I also believe in second chances for people. To me, hunting deer, wolves and other animals is no different. A wolf is a dog. Now, I am not saying that he was being a good person by doing what he did because he wasn't. He wasn't setting a good example to anyone...kids, teenagers, and grown ups alike. Why not at least give him a chance to try and make things right by showing that he can be a good person. We all know what will happen if he doesn't. He will be right back where he started, only worse! Let him go out there and show kids that it was horribly wrong what he did and to show them not to go down that same road he chose. As you say about the kids you coach being stupid about things...I believe he will be the only one to get through to these kids, not you or me. Everyone makes mistakes, some are bigger than others, but the important thing is that we learn from them.Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

But thats not the message he will be sending to these kids my friend, thats not how they see the world. If he is allowed to play again all they will take out of it is that you can be a scum bag like Vick and still make millions thats it. And tahts how Vick would view it too, do you really think he is sorry for what he did? or do you think he is sorry he got cought? these kids wont look at this and say oh look at how he turned his life around all they will see is that he was able to do what he did and still make millions thats all they will see and they will continue to not get it. They wont get it unless he is banned for life. If he is never allowed to play again and he has to make a living for himself just like the rest of us then they will get it. Then they will say to themselves "i guess this was a bigger deal then i thought" but if he plays again it wont help fix things one bit in fact it will make it worse. he should be banned for life. Ex convicts cant even get a job at burger king because of their record but this guy should be able to make millions like he did nothing? no way he is a criminal and he should have to find a real job like teh rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]But thats not the message he will be sending to these kids my friend, thats not how they see the world. If he is allowed to play again all they will take out of it is that you can be a scum bag like Vick and still make millions thats it. And tahts how Vick would view it too, do you really think he is sorry for what he did? or do you think he is sorry he got cought? these kids wont look at this and say oh look at how he turned his life around all they will see is that he was able to do what he did and still make millions thats all they will see and they will continue to not get it. They wont get it unless he is banned for life. If he is never allowed to play again and he has to make a living for himself just like the rest of us then they will get it. Then they will say to themselves "i guess this was a bigger deal then i thought" but if he plays again it wont help fix things one bit in fact it will make it worse. he should be banned for life. Ex convicts cant even get a job at burger king because of their record but this guy should be able to make millions like he did nothing? no way he is a criminal and he should have to find a real job like teh rest of us.

Well, I can't speak for him myself, but I am 28 years old and spent 2 years in state prison at the age of 23 and I am still on parole for about five more years. I know that I learned dearly from what I did and that people DO feel truly sorry for their mistakes. I don't think that locking people up and throwing away the key solves anything either.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]i don't support what vick did by any means, but i don't see any difference between fighting dogs or going out hunting with the boys and shooting some innocent deer in the side of the face, and mounting it's head on your wall. vick would be an incredible weapon in NE's offense, pat white x's 10. How many NE fan's would jump ship if NE traded for this guy?

Perhaps you should seek professional help for your mental disorder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Hey its good that you went in and came out sorry for what you did, thats the way it should be but thats not always the way it goes. Mike Vick went in to jail knowing that when he got out he would be able to play football again, he knew it so yea he will say sorry to the cameras and make nice with Peta for what he did but i am not stupid and this guy is about as sorry as I am for hooking up with that stripper while my girlfriend was away at college....which is not very sorry at all. Letting this guy back into the NFL is only going to show him and all the dumbys out there who dont think what he did was wrong that you can be a horrible human being but still be allowed to make millions of dollars!

I would not feel the same way if this was just a guy trying to get a real life job. People deserve seconds chances i get that but this is not a normal situation. You are talking about letting him make more money then any of us will ever see in a life time. Playing in NFL is not his right, he does not have a right to make millions of dollars, this is s guy who had no good reason for what he did other then the fact that he liked watching dogs kill each other, he liked murdering his dogs that did not make the cut. That is not a person who should be allowed to play in the NFL and if he is allowed to come back and play i bet you with in the next 10 years there will be 20 other Mike Vicks inthe league making it look like sh*t. Because if he plays again all that says is listen kids remember how all teh coaches you ever had said you have to work hard and do all the right things in order to make a career out of playing football? yea they were all full of it all you need is talent and you will be all set, forget qworking hard or trying to be a good person to teh community yea forget all that, kill dogs, r ape women do whatever you want as long as you have talent. I am a student of the game, i love the game of football if i am still coaching when im 50 i would call that a good life. I have studied teh history of the game my whole life and Mike Vick will ruin football if he is allowed to play again. I am sure of it. Even if he never gets in trouble again the simple fact that he was able to return to football after what he did will be enough to ruin the next generation of footballers.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]i agree 100%... will you send me some money to get help? or can you help me?

Sure. Print this out and take it to any bank.

Vick has no place on the Pats not because of his 'dog days' but because he's not a very good passer. He may be exciting to watch because he runs around a lot but he is not a championship QB. Never was.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Let me put it this way...I've never, ever in my entire life had the desire or disrespectfullness within me to want to spit on another human being...but I'd make an exception in this case. NO FREAKIN WAY DO I WANT THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE ON THE PATRIOTS! If for whatever incomprehensible reason he did turn up in Foxborough...I'd turn my back, with much pain and tears. :(

Laurie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yup I would no longer consider myself a Pats fan. Just like that, I wouldnt even think twice, if he was signed to teh Pats I would burn anything pats related and start rooting for a different team. Vick has ruined the next generation of footballers and which in turn will ruin the next generation of football. That is if he is allowed to play again, if he is given a life long ban from the NFL then i think that will send a message big enough to fix what he ruined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Yup I would no longer consider myself a Pats fan. Just like that, I wouldnt even think twice, if he was signed to teh Pats I would burn anything pats related and start rooting for a different team. Vick has ruined the next generation of footballers and which in turn will ruin the next generation of football. That is if he is allowed to play again, if he is given a life long ban from the NFL then i think that will send a message big enough to fix what he ruined.

He'll eventually play even if it's in Canada but he'll play and some team will make tons of money with vick shirts after they go through the PR nightmare when he signs.  It just goes to show we make these guys think they can do anything they want.  As much as it would hurt I would also walk away from the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

In a heart beat I would be rooting for another team, Vick is a P.O.S. and should be banned for life.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Grrrrrrr...wuf...wufff...grrrrrrr.(Interpretation)...Not over my dead barking body would I ever accept that low life in a Pats uniform......grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know that bringing in Vick (which, incidentally, is beyond retarded and will never happen) would erase some 40 years of Pats loyalty. But at the very least I might write a carefully-worded letter that expressed my displeasure at his presence on my favorite team. And here's something to think about while you're ragging on Vick: He got caught engaging in pretty vile activity, but I'd be willing to be there are players engaged in equally nefarious things that we know nothing about. I suffer under no illusion that professional athletes are choirboys. Many of those who make it to the highest levels have been coddled and enabled their entire lives and haven't lived in the same world that shapes people like you and me. In no way do I condone Vick's actions, but I see lots of dirtbags walking around every day and I don't think Vick should be punished excessively just because he's in the public eye. Killa's point about impressionable youth and role models is valid to a certain extent, but as a coach, he himself is in a perfect postion to dispel the mythology that surrounds professional athletics. I would be curious to know if and how he goes about doing that. Playing football is Vick's only marketable skill, and it's easy enough for us to say he should be "banned for life" because he got caught. But the system that passed that functional moron through school after school and shielded him from normal society to such an extent that he doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, simply because he was elusive on the football field, should shoulder some of the blame.
    Now, now, now .  .  .  before we get into that "society is to blame" back and forth, let me also say that I think everyone should be held accountable for their own actions. A guy who only knows how to flip hamburgers should be allowed to work at Burger King after he pays his debt, and Vick should be allowed to play football, if anybody wants him.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

Oh, but I did want to ask Killa, if the Pats did bring in Vick, and you had to suddenly root for another team -- which team would that be?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hmm. is it possible to consider that he deserves another chance after the punishment he received? he was in prison. whats worse than that? and he's broke. i am a huge dog lover, but as long as he seems to have a new attitude towards life and his decisions, why doesn't he deserve a second chance? all these other players who commit criminal acts (pacman for example) only receive the punishment of being cut by their team. big deal. vick has served real time, which he has nearly completed, and i think he has earned a chance to pursue his profession. if your favorite store hired an ex-con to work for them, would you stop going there? i think that in the right situation vick is going to be a major offensive weapon as a scat back, receiver type out of the backfield, with some occasional wildcat plays. he's going to help some team out a lot. why not have it be the pats?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'd say no to him coming to Foxboro. And I also was with MVP that he should be banned. I'd like to tie him to a tree, throw some bacon grease (very hot) on him and let my dogs have at him. But some points have been made about second chances. I still believe Goodell will make him sit for 09. By that time he'll be 30, or almost, and maybe teams won't want to pay much for him. I also think he should have to donate half his pay to the humane society, not to mention a public apology...in his own words, not his lawyers cue cards. But I still believe violent crimes like that should carry the punishment of a lifetime ban. Guys like Pacman are also in that category, IMO. And the guys who beat their wives/girlfriends. Again, this is just my opinion, keep in mind that I like animals more than most people I know, and have 12 pets myself. We'll see what happens. But I seriously doubt NE would make such a move. They would have drafted White if they wanted to go that route.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pmike if i was going to stop rooting for the Pats and start rooting for another team I am not sure whatteam i would root for. I have always been a Pats fan so it would be like starting over but I have always liked the Panthers, and the Ravens so maybe one of those clubs. Or maybe a team like the Bangles since they are kind of a loser it might be a switch up from the Pats who win alot. Plus I like Carson Palmer.

Your other question about my coaching high school kids, its really not easy getting through to thsi generation of kids, they know it all. I am sure my coaches felt the same way about me but i dont think we were so stupid when I was their age. Kids today are dumb, and i dont mean dumb like not book smart i am sure most of them will go to college but really what does that mean anymore? It used to be that rich people and hard workers were theones that got to go to college but now some of the dumbest people i know have college degrees. having a degree doesnt make you smart it just means you did what you had to. But I am getting off teh subject. The point is most of teh kids i coach didnt even think Vick did anything wrong, a few did get it and thats a breath of fresh air but for the most part it is just a bunch of kids who think people like Vick should be allowed to do what they want. The next generation of footballers will know for a fact that they can do what he did or what Plexico did and still be able to make millions of dollars. The NFL needs to come down hard on these guys cause if they dont it will just further these stupid kids idea that all you need is talent and money and nothing else. hard work, fair play none of those things matter. These are the same kids that grew up watching baseball turned into teh steroids league and saw hockey go on strike for more money and so on and so forth. We as coaches try and teach them that to play this game you need more then just talent that it is a life long commitment to being a good person and hard worker but guys liek Vick make it tough to get through to them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]hmm. is it possible to consider that he deserves another chance after the punishment he received? he was in prison. whats worse than that? and he's broke. i am a huge dog lover, but as long as he seems to have a new attitude towards life and his decisions, why doesn't he deserve a second chance? all these other players who commit criminal acts (pacman for example) only receive the punishment of being cut by their team. big deal. vick has served real time, which he has nearly completed, and i think he has earned a chance to pursue his profession. if your favorite store hired an ex-con to work for them, would you stop going there? i think that in the right situation vick is going to be a major offensive weapon as a scat back, receiver type out of the backfield, with some occasional wildcat plays. he's going to help some team out a lot. why not have it be the pats?
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

He may deserve another chance but that doesn't mean he deserves to get it here. I never thought he was a championship caliber QB anyway.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts