Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?

I kind of like the game that Sproles brings, I would rather pay him than Maroney as that 3rd down back and heir apparent to Kevin Faulk.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen anywhere that he has resigned with the Chargers.  Sproles also gives good value as a special teamer.  I know the drawbacks on Sproles are that he is small and not a workhorse kind of guy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?

Nah...he's good, but I rather pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?:
    I kind of like the game that Sproles brings, I would rather pay him than Maroney as that 3rd down back and heir apparent to Kevin Faulk.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen anywhere that he has resigned with the Chargers.  Sproles also gives good value as a special teamer.  I know the drawbacks on Sproles are that he is small and not a workhorse kind of guy. 
    Posted by kittycat6969

I like Sproles as well, believe he could bring a lot of value to NE, same goes for Leon Washington (assuming he's fully healed from his broken leg) as he too will be a 2010 UFA though a lot depends on if they bring Faulk back (also a 2010 free agent).  Another direction they could go in is selecting Noel Devine in the 2010 draft.  Personally I don't think Maroney would be as effective as any of the other three in this role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

I was thinking Leon Washington also.  Maybe he can be had at reasonable $ since he is off of injury and was behind T. Jones on the depth chart.  I love Kevin, but he is starting to get up there in the tooth for a RB.  That being said Kevin may have a little more left in the tank due to the way in which we use him. 

In Response to Re: Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?:
    In Response to Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA? : I like Sproles as well, believe he could bring a lot of value to NE, same goes for Leon Washington (assuming he's fully healed from his broken leg) as he too will be a 2010 UFA though a lot depends on if they bring Faulk back (also a 2010 free agent).  Another direction they could go in is selecting Noel Devine in the 2010 draft.  Personally I don't think Maroney would be as effective as any of the other three in this role.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I was thinking Leon Washington also.  Maybe he can be had at reasonable $ since he is off of injury and was behind T. Jones on the depth chart.  I love Kevin, but he is starting to get up there in the tooth for a RB.  That being said Kevin may have a little more left in the tank due to the way in which we use him.  In Response to Re: Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA? :
    Posted by kittycat6969

Certainly and interesting decision for BB to make, nice to have options though.  If you look at the defensive transition over to youth, the same may apply to the offense.  I agree that Kevin still provides value though and doesn't appear to have slowed down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Not if he costs too much.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA?:

Posted by kittycat6969

One word:

Franchise

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Would Pats be interested in Darren Sproles as a 2010 UFA? : One word: Franchise
    Posted by jbolted

What about Vincent Jackson?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I like Leon Washington.  He would do great on a BB team.

Vincent Jackson as a 3rd...I like it.

Sections
Shortcuts