Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators?

1st Rd- Carlos Dunlap- Pass rushing DE
    2a- Aaron Hernandez- Quality TE
    2B- Brandon Spikes- ILB to team with Mayo for next 10 years
    2c- Timmy Tebow- Personally I think a wasted  pick, but not sure if BB's interest is genuine.

So there is 4 Gators, that could be available at each spot in the draft, three that fill needs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators?

how many "great" NFL players were gators in college?

i believe the answer is none...so by all means...please pats...draft as many gators as you can...i need a new pair of shoes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Honestly I am not a fan of any of them but If I had to choose one to draft I guess Hernandez as the compliment to Crumpler would be ok.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

great gators from college.. you say none.. most of these had (long or probowl and some hall of fame careers/or are starting productive careers.. and as a life long gators fan who watches every game... this is just off the top of my head.. (with the exception of qb and te since i needed to fill out the team). Also OL was a little thin, but look at the DL...

QB- Shane Matthews - Starter - only qb in florida history with a positive td-int in nfl career. 
    QB - Rex Grossman
    QB Steve Spurrier

OL Max Starks
    OL Lomas Brown
    OL Jeff Mitchell
    OL Jim Yarbrough
    OL David Williams
    OL Mo Collins

RB emmitt smith, 
    RB fred taylor 
    FB Rick Casares
    FB John L Williams
    FB James Jones
    FB Neal Anderson

WR Nat Moore
    WR: Cris Collinsworth
    WR Wes Chandler
    WR Pervy Harvin
    WR Jabbar Gaffney

te erron kinney

LB Channing Crowder
    LB Wilber Marshall
    LB Andra Davis
    LB David Little

DL Kevin Carter
    DL Trace Armstrong
    DL Jack Youngblood
    DL Jevon Kearse
    DL Alex Brown

DB Don Fleming
    DB Lito Sheppard
    DB Jimmy Spencer
    DB Bernie Parrish
    DB John Symank

K Jeff Chandler
    P John James
    Extra K/P Don Chandler

Broadcaster when not at wr: Cris Collinsworth from inside the NFL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

GO U!!!

state college football rivalry aside...and obviously miami produces the better pros but of those guys you mentioned...id take lomas brown, emmitt, fred taylor(in prime, not now) nat moore, percy harvin, channing crowder, trace armstrong, jack youngblood and lito sheppard...and even channing crowder is a push for me because he can be good and he can be very..."meh" for the lack of a better word to describe how terribly average his play can be but percy harvin is a wilcard...i think he could be very good for a while

but to the point of this thread...id love to see the pats draft lots of gators because history tells me the pats would be a worse team for it

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators?:
    great gators from college.. you say none.. most of these had (long or probowl and some hall of fame careers/or are starting productive careers.. and as a life long gators fan who watches every game... this is just off the top of my head.. (with the exception of qb and te since i needed to fill out the team). Also OL was a little thin, but look at the DL... QB- Shane Matthews - Starter - only qb in florida history with a positive td-int in nfl career.  QB - Rex Grossman QB Steve Spurrier OL Max Starks OL Lomas Brown OL Jeff Mitchell OL Jim Yarbrough OL David Williams OL Mo Collins RB emmitt smith,  RB fred taylor  FB Rick Casares FB John L Williams FB James Jones FB Neal Anderson WR Nat Moore WR: Cris Collinsworth WR Wes Chandler WR Pervy Harvin WR Jabbar Gaffney te erron kinney LB Channing Crowder LB Wilber Marshall LB Andra Davis LB David Little DL Kevin Carter DL Trace Armstrong DL Jack Youngblood DL Jevon Kearse DL Alex Brown DB Don Fleming DB Lito Sheppard DB Jimmy Spencer DB Bernie Parrish DB John Symank K Jeff Chandler P John James Extra K/P Don Chandler Broadcaster when not at wr: Cris Collinsworth from inside the NFL
    Posted by jrmccook

Good stuff! I am also a Gators fan in Florida and the only thing the U puts out now are convicts and AA players!

P.S. Jim how could you forget Vince W when mentioning the U?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"GO U!!!
    state college football rivalry aside...and obviously miami produces the better pros but of those guys you mentioned...id take lomas brown, emmitt, fred taylor(in prime, not now) nat moore, percy harvin, channing crowder, trace armstrong, jack youngblood and lito sheppard...and even channing crowder is a push for me because he can be good and he can be very..."meh" for the lack of a better word to describe how terribly average his play can be but percy harvin is a wilcard...i think he could be very good for a while
    but to the point of this thread...id love to see the pats draft lots of gators because history tells me the pats would be a worse team for it
    ."

Lol...I usually don't give trolls any props, but this is the best post on this thread.
    Because seriously, of that list of Florida Gators, what is that maybe 1 worhwhile player per position (I believe wr had 2) amongst guys less than 100 years old...honestly, I'd delete that post personally, it waters down your "Gators are Good" argument.  But onto the 4 names you mentioned:
    Carlos Dunlap-ALL the physical traits neccesary to be unbelievable, and an absolute and total underachiever with more BUST potential than anyone who will be drafted in Rds 1-2...maybe not any Gator though.
    Aaron Hernandez-NOONE's been a bigger beneficiary of Fla's option offense in the recieving game more than he imho.  But he's simply a great pass-catcher with speed and I heard has a good work-ethic-but what's he almost 6'3 and 235lbs soaking wet when NFL TE's are 6'5-6'6 and 255-260lbs, and as BB uses them far more as blockers, dear god-this kid'll get mauled=1 dimensional and NO fit for NE at least.
    Tim Tebow-yea...NO time @ shotgun and when he did @ Senior Bowl practices, scouts said he was utterly and pathetically lost and lacking.  But other than that-His completely slow-wind-up and release coupled with poor arm-strength and above ALL else the worst accuracy on the planet, should do fine for NE...I say draft him because of his "leadership" alone so he can play as either an undersized TE than even Hernandez at a position he's never played OR as a tall and slow RB at another position he's never played...
    Brandon Spikes-I was big on...don't know anymore.  Didn't he run something like a mid 4.8 40 at the combine and a freakin' high 4.9 at his pro-day?  The guys would have been a top 15 pick last year, but wow-talk about numbers regressing (which is fine), but SKILLS regressing too?  Now all he cann be is a strongside ILB in a 3-4 D, who just hopefully wouldn't be dog-slow on passing downs...  Gotta question that whole work-ethic thing now, and it sux 'cause I wanted NE to take te guy in Rd 2 for the longest time...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators? : Good stuff! I am also a Gators fan in Florida and the only thing the U puts out now are convicts and AA players! P.S. Jim how could you forget Vince W when mentioning the U?!
    Posted by timsandra

really? wilfork is an AA player? how about ed reed? or sean taylor? or meriweather? andre johnson, frank gore antel rolle? all AA players right? or the dozen linebackers in the league from the U...good lord was that an ignorant comment

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

how many "great" NFL players were gators in college? i believe the answer is none...so by all means...please pats...draft as many gators as you can...i need a new pair of shoes
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

emmitt smith... moron. but to address the origianl posters question, i would be very disappointed if this actually panned out.  dont really like any of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Chad Jackson ring a bell?  Danny Wheurful? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators? : emmitt smith... moron. but to address the origianl posters question, i would be very disappointed if this actually panned out.  dont really like any of them.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

hey moron, if you would so kindly look at another previous post of mine where i did include emmitt...and then mentioned that draft taking place 20 years ago...a good rb every 20 years from a florida football school is what most people would call..."poor"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators? : really? wilfork is an AA player? how about ed reed? or sean taylor? or meriweather? andre johnson, frank gore antel rolle? all AA players right? or the dozen linebackers in the league from the U...good lord was that an ignorant comment
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

talking the last 5-6 years when the U has become irrelevant

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The last Gator we drafted didn't work out so well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Love TT but dont want him, I think we have a QB who is going to be here for awhile longer. Wouldnt mind Reilly in the 4th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

" GO U!!! state college football rivalry aside...and obviously miami produces the better pros but of those guys you mentioned...id take lomas brown, emmitt, fred taylor(in prime, not now) nat moore, percy harvin, channing crowder, trace armstrong, jack youngblood and lito sheppard...and even channing crowder is a push for me because he can be good and he can be very..."meh" for the lack of a better word to describe how terribly average his play can be but percy harvin is a wilcard...i think he could be very good for a while but to the point of this thread... id love to see the pats draft lots of gators because history tells me the pats would be a worse team for it ." Lol...I usually don't give trolls any props, but this is the best post on this thread. Because seriously, of that list of Florida Gators, what is that maybe 1 worhwhile player per position (I believe wr had 2) amongst guys less than 100 years old...honestly, I'd delete that post personally, it waters down your "Gators are Good" argument.  But onto the 4 names you mentioned: Carlos Dunlap -ALL the physical traits neccesary to be unbelievable, and an absolute and total underachiever with more BUST potential than anyone who will be drafted in Rds 1-2...maybe not any Gator though. Aaron Hernandez -NOONE's been a bigger beneficiary of Fla's option offense in the recieving game more than he imho.  But he's simply a great pass-catcher with speed and I heard has a good work-ethic-but what's he almost 6'3 and 235lbs soaking wet when NFL TE's are 6'5-6'6 and 255-260lbs, and as BB uses them far more as blockers, dear god-this kid'll get mauled=1 dimensional and NO fit for NE at least. Tim Tebow -yea...NO time @ shotgun and when he did @ Senior Bowl practices, scouts said he was utterly and pathetically lost and lacking.  But other than that-His completely slow-wind-up and release coupled with poor arm-strength and above ALL else the worst accuracy on the planet, should do fine for NE...I say draft him because of his "leadership" alone so he can play as either an undersized TE than even Hernandez at a position he's never played OR as a tall and slow RB at another position he's never played... Brandon Spikes -I was big on...don't know anymore.  Didn't he run something like a mid 4.8 40 at the combine and a freakin' high 4.9 at his pro-day?  The guys would have been a top 15 pick last year, but wow-talk about numbers regressing (which is fine), but SKILLS regressing too?  Now all he cann be is a strongside ILB in a 3-4 D, who just hopefully wouldn't be dog-slow on passing downs...  Gotta question that whole work-ethic thing now, and it sux 'cause I wanted NE to take te guy in Rd 2 for the longest time...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz: You forgot about the chip on Tebow's shoulder. I think we use #22 on him. You just can't have enough leadership from your #3 qb/decoy for wildcat (which the Pats don't run). Plus, in three years (he should learn how to throw by then since he has a great work ethic even though it took him until 3 weeks ago to consider changing his goofy motion) he'll be able to take the reins from Brady. I just hope he's around til 22.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Fred Taylor and Emmit Smith def. great

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Good stuff! I am also a Gators fan in Florida and the only thing the U puts out now are convicts and AA players!"

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!  How many current Gators have been arrested while playing there??  Urban doesn't exactly have high standards when it comes to off-field behavior.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Absolutely no way I want Dunlap in the first. I dont think he can play the run well enough to play the 5 technique , and theres no way he can play the OLB position. He'll show up huge for a couple games , then disappear for a couple more. Plus I havent heard one person talk up his work ethic , everyone has said its chit. Theres also q's about his toughness , no way your playing the 5 tech for the PATS or any team for that matter being soft. He scream 2nd round and potential bust to me. I love Haden and would trade up for him if he fell past top ten. I think Graham could be just as good if not better than Hernandez , Id like to grab him in the late 2nd. Ive always liked Spikes and would love to grab him in the 2nd. He has everything you would want from an ILB , hes my type. I love the big bruising , athletic thumper types. The linebacker position is by far the most athletic on D and maybe in the NFL. I actually think its as important than the D-line. One thing I noticed about the Saints all year was that their O did a great job at manipulating the opposing D's backers. Listen building a team inside out is a great way to build your football team ,but if your backers are out of position you have no chance at winning in the NFL. The Saints did a wonderful job at fooling , manipulating ,and confusing the other teams backers. They play such a huge part in the passing game and IMHO it was the biggest reason why the Saints had such success in that area. Anyway Spikes brings it all IMHO , but there are q's about him and his work ethic. I think hes a player with top 20 talent , getting him in the 2nd would be a steal. Another guy I really like is Pouncey , hes a versatile , tough , athletic kid who can play G and C.  I really like Mike Johnson , IMHO hes the  1/2 G in the draft and can play both sides. We can get him in the 3/4 , if we dont go after Pouncey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They could do worse! I don't know that Either Dunlop or Hernandez will be available when the Patriots draft in the second round and only Dunlop projects as a possible first round pick for the Patriots. My new favorite player is Jameson Konz from Kent State. If you want to read a story on him go to nationalfootballpost.com and click on draft 2010. He has the best speed for any H-back to ever play he was timed at 4.41 in the 40. He's 6'4" 235lbs his 2 cone shuttlework was an astounding 4.25 with a 3 cone time of 6.95! His Vertical was off the charts with a vert of 46" to go with a 10-8 Broad jump... In every category at the combine he would have been in the top three in all of the categories. He did all his workout at the Kent State college day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats draft be succesful drafting 4 Florida Gators? : Good stuff! I am also a Gators fan in Florida and the only thing the U puts out now are convicts and AA players! P.S. Jim how could you forget Vince W when mentioning the U?!
    Posted by timsandra

Don't get all high and mighty about the convict crap.  Florida under Urban Meyer puts even the old Miami 2 Live Crew days to shame.  

Q: How many Gators have been arrested since Meyer became head coach?

A: 27 (not including last night...)  

They are the premier outlaw program in the country, so you should be proud.  Can't wait until St. Tebow has his Tiger Woods moment...you know it's coming. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No they won't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

if we waste a first round pick on tim tebow im gonna Barf patriot colors.

Sections
Shortcuts