Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-SPIKER. Show KOOLAID-SPIKER's posts

Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB?

Cassel was 11-5, and was getting better and better as the year went along and teams simply could not figure him out or stunt his progression. The winning percentage of the teams we beat is actually higher than the ones we have beaten thus far. apart from possibly the ravens, is there even ONE playoff team in the bunch we have beaten? The only saving grace here is that brady can somehow catch fire in the playoffs and take us to the SB or that he will return to the 07 tommy in '10. even if he does, it only makes sense if he somehow can do an extension before preseason games start. I was one who felt the pats should have considered keeping matty around, and at least fake-seymoured brady out there, to see what his actually value was and see if some NFC team would make you a crazy offer., as the raiders did with seymour. 

If matty was at the helm, we do not lose as bad as we did versus NO and we do not lose to the broncos. Our record would be at least 9-2, putting us in a firm second place in the conference. Cassel too could have figured out how to lose to the Colts as he did last year too. Face it, with more mobility, cassel would have done better versus the jets in the first game. if in the 4th and 2 situation versus indy, u have more options for he could realistically run for it, or do a roll-out sprint, or sell a bootleg. i seriously do not see what brady does right now that is so significantly better than what cassel would have broght, plus he is YOUNGER! 

Brady now is a middle elite qb (i rank him 5-6th at best as of now). cassel would be a top 10 Qb also, possibly at 8-9th... is that worth all the extra hoopla? the history, reputational difference? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: Would there be a difference if Cassel was still the QB?

I quit reading this a few sentences in.  But...

Nobody could figure him out? What about his game against the Steelers in Foxboro? I think he threw 2 picks and lost 2 fumbles.  He wasn't that great at pocket awareness compared to what we're used to in Tom Brady.  

They  would probably have lost 2 or 3 more games by now than we already have.  Probably would have lost the opener to Buffalo and to the Ravens. 

Wouldn't have done as well against the Colts with him this year, certainly wouldn't have been able to put up 34 on them. 

The Pats would not be as well off in the short-term or long-term.  Brady is a better QB, hands down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB?

You have got to be kidding me.  Cassel is a decent QB, Brady is elite.  The Patriots offensive numbers are much better this season, against a tougher schedule than they faced last year.

Nothing against Cassel, but the difference between him and Brady is night and day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Is this really a serious discussion ??   Brady vs Cassel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

NO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Kind of a dumb thread. I'll throw this out there real quick. You said we haven't beaten a playoff team this year except for the Ravens, well what playoff team did we beat last year? We split with Miami...That's it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I will plagiarize Mike Reiss.  He often states something so true; it's not always who you play, but when you play them that matters most.  The fact is, we faced 7 unbeaten teams this year.  I'll forget about game 1 because that's kind of reaching.  The unbeaten teams we faced were hot when we faced them.  Some of them got the typical "Pats hangover" after we beat them and went into a downward spiral.  

Moral to the story, Cassel would have had a harder time this year.  Then don't forget that there would have been a lot more tape for D coordinators to digest.  The only thing about Cassel that Brady could use is his mobility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

dumb

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

GO STICK A KNIFE UP YOUR BUTT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

BATCH!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT PAT CHUNG!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I think you're on to something.  Talk to BB and get Cassell back. What do you want for the washed up Tom Brady?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB?:
    I think you're on to something.  Talk to BB and get Cassell back. What do you want for the washed up Tom Brady?
    Posted by oggieman

Nobody from your roster. Get a third team involved :-D

Kidding kidding. Not really but really.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB? : Nobody from your roster. Get a third team involved :-D Kidding kidding. Not really but really.
    Posted by apdynasty23

How about Ms. Ted Ginn?  Wouldn't you rather have a Playmate than a Playboy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Would Pats have a better record if Cassel was still the QB? : How about Ms. Ted Ginn?  Wouldn't you rather have a Playmate than a Playboy?
    Posted by oggieman

We had someone similar in Reche Caldwell. We'll pass. Hahah

Sections
Shortcuts