Would the Jets consider signing Marvin Harrison?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Would the Jets consider signing Marvin Harrison?

They need a WR and he is deffently still a solid #3 if need be so do you think they would make a play for him? He is deffently a little washed up but the jets cant be picky when they are thin as they are at WR. I could see this happening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Would the Jets consider signing Marvin Harrison?

I would love to see Harrison on Green New Jersey.

I am picturing a deep floater from Sanchez just hanging in the air forever, and Brandon Merriweather lining Harrison up . . .

Over . . .

and over . . .

and over . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

It could happen Killa, but Marvin H. is pretty much washed up.  I doubt he's still in the league after this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He is most def washed up but he is still better then like 90% of teh leagues # 3 WRs so he can contribute somewhere. And the Jets have no one at all so this could eb a good signing if they were to make it. It wouldnt threaten us at all but it would be better then what they got right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i think harrison could easily slide into a #3 position on almost every team.... saints could use a pair of steady hands in the slot with lance moore and closton.... vikings could look at another veteran to add to the decent core they have now.....Redskins could use a veteran with only Santana Moss as a consistent WR there....Chicago doesnt have anyone at WR who has done anything at this level (Hester hasnt quite become a WR yet)... just to name a few

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

exactly he is still good enough to be a #3 on most teams. And the Jets need the help

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The fact that Harrison hasn't signed anywhere yet suggests one of two things. Either he is washed up, and cannot physically take playing the game anymore, or he's simply waiting out preseason because he doesn't want to have to go to camp somewhere. At this point I don't expect him to sign with anyone until after the cutdown to 53 is made. If it doesn't happen then, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply retired. If he can still play there are more than a few teams that could really use the help, as Taz stated. If he does go to the Jests, I won't only be looking forward to him being smacked around by Merriweather, but by Chung also!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chung would ruin this guy, Chung is going to be one heck of a hitter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if he is 100 percent healthy,he is good as most in the league.its possible he could land with the jets,but im keeping my eye on the vikes to pull the trigger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Vikes could use another vet on that offense. someone who has won it all before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

other then bernard berrian they really have nobody,and there has been rumors of them to go out and try and get favre another toy,by trade or free agency.i think after this weeks pre-season games,the best of the rest free agents will get signed.the harrisons,brooks,mcallistors ect.harrison isnt the speedy guy who will rip up the sideline,but if you want a receiver who catches 8 out of every 10 passes thrown his way,he is worth a look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree, just so you know he might not have developed much under "cant coach" Childress but Sidney Rice is a WR for the Vikes who was a 1st round pick with size and speed and he is an option as well. But if they could bring in a marvin Harrison to help that would be a good up grade.

Sections
Shortcuts